• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Protean Hulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/DIS/en-us/Card107598.jpg[/IMG200]
Protean Hulk - Dissension. Rare
5GG: Creature - Beast
When Protean Hulk is put into a graveyard from play, search your library for any number of creature cards with total converted mana cost 6 or less and put them into play. Then shuffle your library.
"Meat and eggs. We eat!"
-Borborygmos

6/6

havn't done COTDs in a while since it's pretty much dead. Well, on to this card. Basically a 7 for a 6/6. Im sort of suprised that it didnt see much play in standard but im not. It's 7 mana, for one. Next, it's ability can only be used when it dies. You really dont want to lose a 6/6.

On the other hand, hello GREATER GOOD. Go Ve this guy for a 6 powered swing and sac at end of turn for 6 nice and handy cards. I bet you forgot the ability about now. You can then search for a Kokusho, Yosei, NIV MIZZET, Adarkar Valkyrie, Ink Eyes, Kodama of the North Tree, or MELOKU. Or how about 6 1/1s? Or my personal favorite, ABILLION ORNITHOPTERS.

In limited, i must say, just having a 6/6 beater is great. And your opponent is just gonna sit there going "take 6, chump block and and top deck for more chumps, or kill it to face something probably worse" And as i said, it can have a impact in standard, it's just hard.

The Duck's Rating: 3.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
This card is evil. YOu can swing real hard with this lots of times until it gets killed, and that you get to bring chock loads of creatures to the finish. Hooray for economics!

4/5.

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
By the way, this guy can pull any number of creatures from the deck here.

Oh dearie. What's gonna happen to the poor opponent?

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
IMO, this card has potential, but it's hella hard to use it. Green can power it out as fast as turn 3 or 4, but there's better things to do for seven mana. The only real use I see for this card is a bunch of 0 mana creatures, but even then it's kinda iffy. If I'm that desperate for a fatty, Panglacial Wurm can serve that purpose in SPADES, besides being a lot more efficient, especially if you slap it down from your deck. Yosei and Meloku can drop fine on their own, and Mizzet, IMO, isn't worth the effort. A cool card, but VERY iffy.

2.5/5

In a Simic oriented deck, this card isn't so bad, which is sort of what its guild relationship was, Cause you can also find anything that pretty much could benefit you at the time. While you could only find one Simic Sky Swallower (Which is still pretty powerful to say the least)

Or I had a preferrence for taking those fliers from Simic, the ones that destroy enchantments upon hurting people. Or add a Momar Vig with one of them to get out what you need.

All in all, wasn't the pride of my Simic deck (That I dismantled in order to create a mono blue deck), but still pretty helpful.

3/5.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
In a Simic oriented deck, this card isn't so bad, which is sort of what its guild relationship was, Cause you can also find anything that pretty much could benefit you at the time. While you could only find one Simic Sky Swallower (Which is still pretty powerful to say the least)

Or I had a preferrence for taking those fliers from Simic, the ones that destroy enchantments upon hurting people. Or add a Momar Vig with one of them to get out what you need.

All in all, wasn't the pride of my Simic deck (That I dismantled in order to create a mono blue deck), but still pretty helpful.

3/5.

Swallower is seven mana. :p Just wanted to point that out. Also, the Flying artifact-hate is called Trygon Predator.

Whoops. I forgot. I dismantled that thing a couple days ago, and I just remembered it was 5GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.