• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Rancor

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ul/rancor.jpg[/IMG200]
Rancor - Urza's Legacy. Common
G: Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains +2/+0 and trample.
When Rancor is put into a graveyard from play, return Rancor to owner's hand.
Hatred outlives the hateful.

One of the best Aura's in the game. Sums it up about this card. Running Green Aggro? Run some Rancors will ya. If not, Bonesplitter is a great replacement if you dont want to spend $3 on a common or if you aren't running green.

Why is it one of the best aura's in the game you ask? Well, +2/+0, and Trample ain't enough, hi this card comes back to your hand if your opponent decides to terror/shock your creature.

One fun situation is you equip this guy to a 1/1 and you have a big guy like a 4/4+ on the field. You swing with your little 1/1, and your opponent knows that they either take 3 or kill your little 1/1 knowing you'll just equip Rancor to the big guy during Post Combat. Very fun indeed.

The only problem about this card is if you're playing vs discard which indeed this card wont come back to your hand. Otherwise, use this card wisely, as you'll have way too much fun.

The Duck's Rating: 4/5

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
This >>>>>> Fists of Ironwood. I need to get 2 of these for my G/W deck. I also need to get 2 more Watchwolves and another Tolsimir for it but that is another story. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't increase the creature's toughness, and most early drops are 1/1s, and 1 toughness is not a good thing, especially against red. 4.5/5

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
I agree with Klducks that this is one of the if not the best Aura in the game right now.For one measly green mana you can give one of your creatures +2/+0 and trample, sure it dosn't boost toughness but even if the creature dies Rancor comes back ready to enchant another creature. 4/5

S

Sergay Wang

Broken.

MTG R&D has admitted that there are two things about Rancor.
1- It should have been red.
2- It's savage.

Back when I was an all casual player, I would combo this out with Endless Wurm and you'd essentially have a 13/11 trampler.

Anyway, nowadays you have access to Bonesplitter and Moldervine Cloak as not so broken versions of Rancor.

OVERALL 4.9/5

Status
Not open for further replies.