• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Reiterate

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
[img200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/TSP/en-us/Card109729.jpg[/img200]

REITERATE
Time Spiral rare

1RR: Instant

Buyback 3 (You may pay an additional 3 as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)

Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

"Echoes of the Mirari's power yet linger.
--Zyd, Kamahlite druid

It's a throwback to Fork with buyback. This screams abuse in Urzatron combo decks, or any deck with X spells for that matter. Izzet decks in particular can have fun with this. Did I mention you can use this on your opponent's cards? I'll copy that Tidings and draw four cards, thank you. It can also be used to counter a counterspell, for more blue hate.

2.5/5

Last edited:

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
I never got to play in the Fork days but I did hear a story about a 20 person match. 20 point Fireball. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. (Not kidding)

EVERYONE out at once.

This has to have similar potential. 3/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
I never got to play in the Fork days but I did hear a story about a 20 person match. 20 point Fireball. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. Fork. (Not kidding)

EVERYONE out at once.

This has to have similar potential. 3/5

We have such a god named storm now. There's not much need so such inefficiency. Though I see how smoothly this can rock some decks, I can also see how easily it would be screwed as well. The buyback is too mana intensive to do with anything but infinite mana, and the 1RR, while not bad, will strain some mana bases. Most of the time, I'd rather get the next three damage out of my fireball then play this. I'd probably only get 2 extra damage, if any, if I did play this, not to mention lose card advantage and deck space. Not the best idea. And if I had infinite mana and a Fireball, would I have problems sweeping the board? Too much of a win more card, especially since we have Twincast on color for the color that actually needs this. No thank you. Not bad for casual however, though an Izzet Guildmage would have a much better time of it.

1.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
I admit this card has its uses, but is it worth it? Not really... I mean, sure, it would be fun to copy a spell or two, but is it worth using the buyback? I don't think so. It's very mana intensive, and in case you're thinking of Reiterating that Lava Axe, I suggest you just play a 21 mana Fireball. Much easier.

1.5/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.