• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Rift Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/TSP/en-us/Card108915.jpg[/IMG200]
Rift Bolt - Timespiral. Common
2R: Sorcery
Rift Bolt deals 3 damge to target creature or player.
Suspend 1 -R (Rather than play this card from your hand, you may pay R and remove it from the game with a time counter on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When you remove the last, play it without paying its mana cost.)

The sorcery lightning bolt with suspend. This is a cool card for what it's worth. a 1 mana 3 damage burn spell aint half bad. What I dont like is most people just play it first turn to get 3 damage in to the face, which is a waste of removal IMO.

In some cases, I'd rather have Seal of Fire since this card has limited timing tricks, even if it has 1 less damage.

However, this card is still a nice card to have.

The Duck's Rating: 2.75/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Not bad. It's like a Spark or something like that. The only problem with this is that it's a sorcery. Graaaagh.

3/5.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
The suspend Lightning Bolt. Wow. This is probably the least impressive card remake that I have so far seen. It gives your opponent a huge window of time to take advantage of, and it's probably amazing if there's a worthwhile target in play when you unsuspend it, or if it won't be countered. Not only that, but it lets the monster attack you during that window, and is just a bad Volcanic Hammer if not suspended. I suppose it looks good, but in my opinion, this is an extremely weak card. Slow burn is bad burn (with the possible exception of good X-burn). There's not enough uses for it to actually make a difference, unless it's serving to discourage creature play. Especially with how much the (B and R) Rusalkas are being run.

1.25/5

Status
Not open for further replies.