• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Soul Collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/scourge/soul_collector.jpg[/IMG200]
Soul Collector - Scourge. Rare
3BB: Creature - Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Soul Collector this turn is put into a graveyard, return that card to play under your control.
Morph BBB (You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
Oct 4, 2004 - The ability only triggers if this card is face up at the time the creature is put into the graveyard.

I really like this card. Attack with this baby. If your opponent blocks with a chump blocker, it's yours now. If they block with something big, Terror it at Post Combat Main Phase, replace your Soul Collector with a bigger creature. Simple as that. 5 for a 3/4 flyer aint half bad either.

The Duck's Rating: 3/5

Last edited:

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
I rather like Soul Collector. It's not one of the greatest cards out there, but I was lucky enough to pull one when I first started really playing the game and have used it in a deck ever since. Right now it's in my casual black deck where it's pretty easy to get that kill. I normally give it a way to ping or simply hold it back as a blocker with the untapped mana. That in itself is a way to deter attacks for a while. The fact that it has morph is also a great thing. Attacking with it causes your opponent to worry and if they don't know it's coming possibly block it in fear of something else. Once that happens it's as simple as Morph it and do whatever you need to do. While it's not the greatest thing under the sun, I really like using this card.
2.7/5
;245;

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
Also, this card is way better then Sisters of Stone Death.

1) It costs less mana
2) It costs way less mana
3) It's easier to gain control of the creature (block + terror)
4) It costs way too much mana
5) It has flying
6) Comes out mid game rather then late game(which also means it costs less mana)

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
A nice card, for five mana you get a 3/4 flyer that gives you control over all the creatures it kills in combat.The Morph ability is okay but not great since it just lets you play this a turn earlier. 3/5

S

Sergay Wang

Needed more power.

Before they invented Equipment, this wasn't so easy to flip and kill. And unless your deck was filled with Morph cards or combat tricks (which isn't Black's forte), it wasn't so easy to get this Vampire's power going.

It did have some use though. Back then during Scourge draft, there weren't too many 4th turn Flyers who posed any real threat to it. And being able to steal creatures was always good.

And since the card's art depicts a dominatrix, it must be good!

Limited: 3/5
Casual: 3/5
Constructed: 2/5

B

Broodstar

hm....good thingthat black has alot of destrpy target creatures or else the score would be down.. It could be quite fun with this card....3/5?

Status
Not open for further replies.