• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Sunscour

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/CSP/en-us/Card121251.jpg[/IMG200]
Sunscour - Coldsnap. Rare
5WW: Sorcery
You may remove two white cards in your hand from the rather than pay Sunscour's mana cost.
Destroy all creatures.

The "new" wrath of god. Removing two white cards from your hand to whipe the board is cool. However, with 2 cards from your hand into your graveyard, you lose that much of having a chance to come back faster than your opponent. It's a nice secondary cost, but i'd rather stick with WOG. It's much safer. Not to mention, this card can only workin White Weenie or a mono white deck and it seems as though they'll try to drop all their weenies so not enough for the cost as well.

The Duck's Rating: 2.75/5

WoG is better hands down, I'm pretty sure that sunscour wont see play just like all the other wrath like cards in the past.casual 1.5/5 tournament 1/5

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
Hmm... Not bad.

Not great either though. Wrath of God wrecks this due to the fact that you would probably want to USE those cards you discarded after this goes off. Using this is kind of provisional. 2.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
If I were playing a white weenie deck with a card like this...I would grab Hour of Reckoning, pile on the tokens and start beating my opponent around with a stick.

Granted, this card has its uses, but you'll be removing cards from the game, and I don't see how you're gonna get them back. And not that it's particularly useful, anyways. Sure, you can pull weenies and start killing your opponent, but at this sort of situation, every card matters, and I sure won't waste those two cards to wipe the field. As you all have said, just Wrath f God and be done with it.

2.5/5.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
WoG is better hands down, I'm pretty sure that sunscour wont see play just like all the other wrath like cards in the past.casual 1.5/5 tournament 1/5

It's not too fair to say that all "re-makes" of wrath suck. >_>. Sunscour isn't the best one, but how can you say that Akroma's didn't see play? In ways, it was BETTER than wrath.

Don't be hating. :X

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Ahh... Yes, Akroma's Vengeance.
This card... It's probably only any use against token decks or with Spellbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.