1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

MTG COTD: Sword of Fire and Ice

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by klducks, Dec 2, 2006.

1. klducks

klducks Constipation= Fetish

[IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/DST/en-us/Card46429.jpg[/IMG200]
    Sword of Fire and Ice - Darksteel. Rare
    3: Artifact - Equipment
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from blue.
    Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, Sword of Fire and Ice deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you draw a card.
    Equip 2

very very cool card. +2/+2, pro red/blue, shock, and reach through mists, all in one card. An ARTIFACT card. This is one of my personal favorites. Although, it costs 5 mana total for equip to one creature so keep your mana tight.

The Duck's Rating:3/5

2. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

Costs aside, this has an awsome effect and can really do something. Also a personal rare pull of mine. :D

3.5-4/5

3. The_Darkness_Incarnate

The_Darkness_Incarnate +Erratic-Inanity+

A fun card, but not too solid of one in my opinion. Yes, yes, massive card advantage when it goes through, but is anyone in all seriousness going to let you hit them with a Sword of Fire an Ice. A good card, since only a bit of support turns it into a juggernaut, but it's kind of weak standalone, unlike a certain Jitte I'm sure we're all well acquianted with, which gets the Shock part of the card from just an attack. And the Shock part is the one that really matters, as the extra card is nice, but things like Shadowmage Infiltrator can do things like that on their own. A good card, especially with the new Shadows out, but completely overshadowed by Jitte. You would need a good reason to run this over that.

3.5/5

4. Felix Feral Fezirix

Felix Feral Fezirix Densetsu no Pikachu!

This could be your game winner if your opponent loves running red, blue, or both. Slap this on your biggest creature and destroy your opponent. You aso get to do an extra 2 damage. Unfortunately, Jitte also owns it, so it would be better for you to shove it aside if you possess Jitte and this. You should still sideboard this though.

Great fun. XD

3/5.