• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Telepathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/uz/telepathy.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/7e/telepathy.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/8e/telepathy.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/9e/telepathy.jpg[/IMG200]
Telepathy - Urza's Saga, 7th, 8th, 9th Edition. Uncommon
U: Enchantment
Each of your opponents play with his or her hand revealed.
"The most disappointing thing about learning telepathy is finding out how boring people really are."
-Teferi, fourth-level student

-----
Your opponents play with their hands revealed.
"Secrets? What secrets?"

AWESOME card. Can you call this a staple in counter decks? Hi, I know you have that huge *** 8/8 in your hand. Too bad I'll just leave open a couple mana to counter your ***. Secret Plan?? What Secret Plan??

The Duck's Rating:4/5

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
Well I guess this could be useful to see what your opponent has in store, or to combo with cards like Cabal Therapy, but other then that this card does not seem that good. 2/5

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
Shadow Trainer said:
Well I guess this could be useful to see what your opponent has in store, or to combo with cards like Cabal Therapy, but other then that this card does not seem that good. 2/5
The thing is, in the right deck, this card is awesome. With this card, it would make cards like Removal Soul and Mana Leak THAT much better. With Mana Leak, you would know if they have enough many to pay the cost and thus making ML just like the awesome Counter Spell. Same with Removal Soul, since you would know when to play it if your opponent has a bigger creature in store.

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
klducks said:
The thing is, in the right deck, this card is awesome. With this card, it would make cards like Removal Soul and Mana Leak THAT much better. With Mana Leak, you would know if they have enough many to pay the cost and thus making ML just like the awesome Counter Spell. Same with Removal Soul, since you would know when to play it if your opponent has a bigger creature in store.

Ya, but all it lets you do is see your opponent's hand, if it made them discard a card or had some kind of other effect it would be better, also why would you play Remove Soul ?

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
Don't know why but I don't think I have ever seen this card before. I give it a 4/5. I run a lot of cards to take my opponents stuff. Annex, False Demise stuff like that. Knowing something good is coming up would be great.

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
This is nowhere NEAR a staple in MUC decks.

Ive ran variations of them. There are two staples to MUC: counters, and a finisher.

No MUC deck should have room for this really. What, with all the counters and stuff, I doubt if I'd run it.

You get to see your opponents hand. Big whoop. If you dont have the mana it wont matter anyways. MUC should be focused on countering, not preping for the counter, unless youre tutoring.

Ive had this card, and neither in my original version, nor in my counter heavy win-by-mill MUC deck am I running this. I'd rather not.

1.5/5

S

Sergay Wang

It is fairly worthless. If I HAD to run this, I'd never run more then 1 copy. And since I never have to, it'll probably never be seen in a control deck I play.

If you know what deck your opponent is playing, you should know what to counter. And if your control deck is actually a control deck, you will be able to counter all their threats.

Turn four 5/5? Counter! Turn five 6/6 trampler? Counter!

If you can't do that, then your deck was made poorly or you don't know how to play your deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.