• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Voidslime

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
Voidslime

Dissension Rare

GUU: Instant

Counter target spell or activated or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)

From a technical point of view, it is an ooze, but its life spans mere seconds. However, in this short time, it has a big appetite for magic."
- Simic research notes

Whee, Dissension has plenty of cards that can counter abilities, which is a first in Magic. The Simic guild is all about +1/+1 counters. I must say that being able to counter an ability is a nice thing, not to mention it's inexpensive by today's standards for a straight counter (only Counterspell is cheaper, and it's no longer Standard legal...and barely Extended legal for that matter), but obviously it's only good for its own deck.

2.5/5

Last edited:

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
w00t! This pwns! But it's Green/Blue.....That's the sad part. Five-colour decks may like to use this too, pwny thing. 4/5.

Oh, and early game, Annul from Mirrodin can counterspells pretty well. Counter target spell unless its controller pays two for the cost of one mana.....Who doesn't want that?

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
This is my analysis on this card:

Counterspell- UU
Stifle- U

In theory... this should cost UUU, however, it doesn't. It's instead G in place of the third U. So... wizo's is saying that in Simic, G=U. I could also go on about how Awesome the words "counter target spell" are, but there's no reason to. The fact is, this card is NEVER a dead one. Well... I guess there's that odd deck out there that doesn't play any cards or use any activated abilities, but other than that- it's never a dead card. It can be used to save you a turn from some horrible ability that could absolutely destroy you I suppose. It could counter some card. It could counter the ability of some card you failed to counter. I don't really know, but it's great, end of story.
4.2/5
;245;

Sika

Transcendence
I can understand the G instead of the U, beacues the counter actvated ability has been present in green too (Bind). Well, if it were UUU, it would be just broken for mono-blue. More broken cards for blue is not good acording to magic R&D.

3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Take a look at it this way. Blue is pwny enough. Early game you have spell-countering and small-time creatures. Mid-to-late game onwards, you have 1337 creatures, spells and combos. The cards have got to be more expensive. Blue is broken enough as it is......