• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[MTG] Dimir Monitor, etc.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
A few new designs. Well, and one is old.

Dimir Monitor - 0
Artifact Creature - Construct (R)
(color indicator: blue/black)
Cast only one spell named Dimir Monitor per turn.
While you’re searching your library, you may cast Dimir Monitor from your library.
0/1

Copper-Skin Vermin - H/G
Artifact Creature - Insect (C)
(H/G can be paid with either G or 2 life.)
1/1

Reincorporate - 2(H/U)
Sorcery (U)
(H/U can be paid with either U or 2 life.)
Return target instant or sorcery card with Phyrexian mana in its casting cost to your hand.

Last Roundup - 2WW
Sorcery (R)
You may cast Last Roundup any time you could cast an instant if you pay 2 more to cast it.
Destroy all colored creatures.

-----

Some notes:
-I'm not even sure if Dimir Monitor actually works as intended -- primarily the one-per-turn ability nerfs Storm, but since it combos with transmute, I figured that there would be a good reason to stop a person from popping out four 0/1s out of their deck with one transmute effect.
-Copper-Skin is an old design I threw together around when New Phyrexia was shown off. Maybe this could be at common, similar to Gut Shot?
-Reincorporate originally was formatted to have the term "Phyrexian," which would refer to any spell with Phyrexian mana in its cost. It was also part of a set of only Phyrexian cards. I re-worded it to avoid inventing a new term that wasn't an ability. Is this too much bleed, in general?
-Last Roundup is, as you probably guessed, flavor-heavy -- designed for the community set when "colorless matters" was pitched, which is why it destroys only colored creatures. And is named "Last Roundup." Otherwise, though, compare both Rout and Day of Judgment. Give that, I think this might be a little cheap.

Comments?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Goddamn eternal formats, always ruining my card ideas.

Then again, it'd probably be plague wind for 4 in a deck in the block that would include it.