• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MtG: EDH Maelstrom Wanderer

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Just so you know, Primeval Titan isn't banned in my playgroup, however he is replaceable in the deck so don't worry about that. Also, except for basic lands, all cards are unique in the deck (ie no doubles). Now, the deck:

Commander
Maelstrom Wanderer

Lands
Forest x 11
Island x 8
Mountain x 7
Izzet Boilerworks
Rupture Spire
Reliquary Tower
Command Tower
Terramorphic Expanse
Transguild Promenade
Evolving Wilds

Creatures
Primeval Titan
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
Animar, Soul of Elements
Moonveil Dragon
Falkenrath Marauders
Rampaging Baloths
Spearbreaker Behemoth
Peregrine Drake
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Garruk's Horde
Hamletback Goliath
Oracle of Mul Daya
Garruk's Packleader
Wolfir Silverheart
Balefire Dragon
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Urabrask the Hidden
Intet, the Dreamer
Elvish Piper
Brutalizer Exarch
Brawn
Acidic Slime
Beguiler of Wills
Artisan of Kozilek
Primordial Hydra
Guard Gomazoa
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
Vigor
Etherium-Horn Sorcerer
Craterhoof Behemoth
Ulvenwald Tracker
Fog Bank
Utvara Hellkite
Thundermaw Hellkite

Enchantments/Auras
Death's Presence
Curiosity
Abundant Growth
Stranglehold
Fertile Ground
Levitation
Pyrohemia

Artifacts
Armillary Sphere
Lightning Greaves
Conjuror's Closet
Akroma's Memorial
Darksteel Ingot
Sol Ring
Whispersilk Cloak
Mimic Vat
Ring of Evos Isle
Izzet Signet
Amulet of Vigor
Witchbane Orb

Instants and Sorceries
Prey Upon
Sleep
Unsummon
Explore
Rivals' Duel
Mizzium Mortars
Harrow
Cultivate
Stolen Goods

Planeswalkers
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
Jace Beleren
Jace, Memory Adept
Garruk Wildspeaker

There it is, what do you think?

Last edited:

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Nice deck but if your doing 3-colors, and have the origanal Ravnica lands that tap for 2. You should run Simic Growth Chamber (G/U), and the Grull one (can't remember the name. But it taps for G/R

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Nice deck but if your doing 3-colors, and have the origanal Ravnica lands that tap for 2. You should run Simic Growth Chamber (G/U), and the Grull one (can't remember the name. But it taps for G/R

Gruul Turf. I had those at first, but traded them for some cool creatures or something. I just haven't felt like trying to get them back, but I know someone who can give them to me, so I might try to get them. Otherwise, how does it look?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Looks good.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
If you can get Wonder and possibly Anger in, I highly recommend those. You might not need Anger, though, because of your general -- I run him in Animar, though. I would have suggested more cascade, but unfortunately there's only Shardless Agent, Violent Outburst, and Bloodbraid Elf available, and you don't have a lot with CMC lower than their thresholds.

Illusory Angel is also worth it if you can get one in, being a 4/4 flyer for 3 if you've cast another spell that turn.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
If you can get Wonder and possibly Anger in, I highly recommend those. You might not need Anger, though, because of your general -- I run him in Animar, though. I would have suggested more cascade, but unfortunately there's only Shardless Agent, Violent Outburst, and Bloodbraid Elf available, and you don't have a lot with CMC lower than their thresholds.

Illusory Angel is also worth it if you can get one in, being a 4/4 flyer for 3 if you've cast another spell that turn.

I obviously got the Chaos Reigns deck, so I have some of that stuff (Bloodbraif Elf, Shardless Agent, Illusory Angel). I took them out because, as you said, there's not a lot to cast with them that's worth putting them in, plus they're not really game-enders (enough for me, anyway). I also have Anger from the Heavenly Inferno EDH deck, so I could add that if I need it. Wonder could be worthy, except that I also have Levitation. I'll have to see how it works out in-game.