• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[MTG Modern] - Land Destruction Deck

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
So guys, it isn't a deck yet, but I'm turning it into one. I can clearly see with my cards that I can run a Pure Red Burn, but to be honest, I like spicing things up a bit. But it's still a possibility. Any ideas anyone?

Land

X x Mountain
X x Forest
X x Swamp
4 x Dragonskull Summit
2 x Rootbound Crag
4 x Gruul Turf
2 x Kazandu Refuge
4 x Kessig Wolf Run
4 x Rakdos Carnarium
4 x Savage Lands
4 x Tectonic Edge
2 x Woodland Cemetery

Creatures
4 x Acidic Slime
2 x Deus Of Calamity
2 x Fulminator Mage
4 x Polluted Dead
2 x Marshdrinker Giant
1 x Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
1 x Myojin of Infinite Rage
2 x Balefire Dragon
2 x Furyborn Hellkite

Instants/Sorceries
2 x Befoul
2 x Brink Of Disaster
4 x Demolish
4 x Scorch The Fields
4 x Melt Terrain
2 x Desecrated Earth
2 x Drain The Well
2 x Fissure Vent
4 x Into The Maw Of Hell
2 x Cyroclasm
4 x Maw Of The Mire
2 x Molten Rain
4 x Pillage
4 x Poison The Well
4 x Rain Of Tears
2 x Rain Of Thorns
4 x Roiling Terrain
2 x Ruination
4 x Seismic Spike
4 x Victorious Destruction
2 x Volcanic Awakening
4 x Cultivate
4 x Explosive Vegetation
4 x Rampant Growth

Artifacts
2 x Steel Hellkite
2 x Mox Opal

Last edited:

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
Your mana curve is way too high. You need something to do early game or you will die very quickly.

You also have too many cards in your deck, only use the best land destruction cards, not all of them.

Also I don't believe land destruction is tournament viable, so don't expect to win much no matter how good you make it.

I have mentioned that this isn't actually a deck yet, it's a list of cards I'm trying to convert into 1 or 2 decks. And it's modern, not Standard, so I can't enter most tournaments anyway.