• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MtG Poll: Overrun or Overpower

Overrun Or Overpower?

• Overrun

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Overpower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...?

• Bah, you are so n00bish I have no idea why I'm here.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
I was thinking about deck building the other day, and I was just wondering what people liked better, and which one is better.
Overrun or Overpower.

Overrun as in how many Elf and Goblin and Soldier decks are. Have too many creatures eating at them for them to even consider blocking.

Overpower as in... Beasts and whatnot... Which means you step all over them with giant creatures, such as immense 13/13 Krosan Cloudscrapers and whatnot. These usually come with trample...

So... What do you people think...?
Yes I realise Overrun AND Power together works, but let's not go into that shall we?

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
I mean the playing style, how you build your deck, and essentially what creatures you prefer.

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
I don't really prefer either over the other. Both have their uses and depending on what deck I'm using I can change my playing style accordingly. The problem with swarm strategies are that your creatures are so small any one big threat of theirs can wreck all of your plans; especially if you don't have the game in the bag when they play it. Also, cards like Wrath of God are much more harmful. The problem with the larger creatures is that they take time to get out and can normally be killed rather easily so I never use just one or the other. Both are really only best when used together accordingly.
;245;

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
It's not a very "delicious" concept. It's simply one of the basic facts of the game. Why else would a mana curve exist? You're supposed to play that way- starting out with the small cards and piling as many onto the field or in use as you can without risking a major loss, and once you hid mid-late game start playing down bigger creatures to dominate the field and take control of the game for you.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
kaizer63 said:
It's not a very "delicious" concept. It's simply one of the basic facts of the game. Why else would a mana curve exist? You're supposed to play that way- starting out with the small cards and piling as many onto the field or in use as you can without risking a major loss, and once you hid mid-late game start playing down bigger creatures to dominate the field and take control of the game for you.
I know. I'm just poking fun at the point of the thread.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
I know its highly probable and in fact every deck builder should want to make their deck as thus, and there are a million and one ways to make small creatures huge, and large creatures cheap.
Spells like Might of the Oaks, Mythic Strength and Echoing Courage come to mind.
Abilities like Affinity to Artifacts and freaking Elvish mana freaks' as well.

Yay, I just made a pointless thread. XD

But people SHOULD have a preference right...?
RIGHT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.