• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(MTG Standard 2012) Black/Blue Zombies

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
I think I did the title right. I totally just found this section. I've always ran Red or Red/Black burn decks and after finding my first Grave Titan, I've decided to create a Standard Zombies/Tokens deck for Friday Night Magic and to play with my friends.

Creature (24)

4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Gravedigger
4x Ghoulraiser
4x Diregraf Captain
2x Cemetery Reaper
2x Geralf's Messenger
2x Grave Titan
2x Gravecrawler

Sorcery (10)

4x Ghoulcaller's Chant
2x Moan of the Unhallowed
2x Reap the Seagraf
2x Diabolic Tutor

Instant (6)

4x Think Twice
2x Tragic Slip

Land (20)

10x Swamp
6x Island
4x Darkslick Shores

And I'm also thinking about dropping a Ghoulraiser for Havengul Lich. Or should I just forget it?

Basically I grab most of your standard awesome zombie creatures. Gravedigger and Ghoulraiser to keep them in play. Diregraf Captain and Cemetery Reaper for the P/T buffs, and Diregraf Ghoul is just an awesome one-drop 2/2. Grave Titans are for my land dumps mid-late game and are just all-around powerful cards.

For Sorcery I take Moan and Reap to get those zombie tokens onto the field, Diabolic Tutor for obvious reasons and Chant to continue to pump in the creatures.

Instants are also obvious. Tragic Slip for the removal and and Think Twice to continue drawing cards since no cards are invaluable in this deck.

Suggestions?

Gentleman Skeleton

Cemetery Reaper is counter-productive. Take them out for a Grimgrin and a Hevengul Lich. You want Zombies in the Graveyard, not exiled. If you do choose to play Grimgrin, might I recommend some Steady Progress or Tezzeret's Gambit over (one or two) Think Twice? Grimgrin likes Proliferate.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Thank you for responding. So I should replace the 2x Cemetery Reaper with 1x Havengul Lich and 1x Grimgrin, then switch in 2x Steady Progress or 2x Tezzeret's over Think Twice? Steady Progress costs 2U and Tezzeret's costs 3U/P IIRC, but Tezzeret's lets you draw two. What would be the better choice in this deck would you say?

Gentleman Skeleton

On second thought, keep all four Think Twice. Cemetery Reaper should be replaced with two Havengul Liches. If you choose to get rid of Ghoulraisers, add in Grimgrin. He's a huge fan of token decks, sacrificing tokens to untap himself and grow stronger. Now, I see your deck is missing a sideboard. In Black and Blue, this is essential. If you're not sure what that is, it's a 15 card side deck that after a match you can turn to and swap cards in and out of. You can't do this from anywhere else other than your sideboard. Might I recommend the following:

Sideboard (15):
4 Surgical Extraction
4 Tezzeret's Gambit
3 Dismember
2 Snapcaster Mage (Hard to get but worth every penny)
2 Tragic Slip

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
So, after playing with my mates I've realized that Flying cards (especially one of my friends' spirit deck) absolutely destroys me. I'm thinking about running 2-4x Delver of Secrets to alleviate this issue. Anything that I could do other than that?