• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTV Music Awards.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
If you watched the MTV music awards, then discuss it here.
So what did you think about it?
I am really frustrated at Kanye West for what he did to Taylor Swift... that was just sooooo rude. I'm still angry at him. I can't believe he actually did that.
And I liked Lady Gaga's performance... so freaking awesome. Cx

All I have to say is, "When will it be possible for me to not laugh at what a shmuck Kanye West is?" I didn't hear the whole story, but still... how does he manage to always be a complete jackass? I don't think he said anything funny, but the fact that he opened his mouth... Is this guy trying to be the world's biggest a-hole or something? Because... he seems to say a lot of prickish things.

hobby

Is this guy trying to be the world's biggest a-hole or something? Because... he seems to say a lot of prickish things.
And the worst part of it all is that this stunt actually wound up increasing his record sales...

All I can say is that at least Beyonce gave Taylor a chance to finish what she was saying. Although I personally fail to see how her (Beyonce) video is one of the best of the decade...

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
Oh Kayne. You and your shinanigans.

It's all harmless fun, who cares. The most damage done to Swift is a boost in publicity.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I do hate Kanye for this. I never liked him anyway. But Taylor is my favourite artist and totally deserved her award. Kudos to Beyoncé for letting her finish her speech. So classy. I'm watching them in full tonight though. Can't wait.

HoennMaster

LOL, just read Pages 23-25 of the pop thread, that's all we talked about.

I Know seriously
Instead of going up there and be an idiot he should have just said to himself Yes I wanted Beyonce to win but Taylor is great to. This VMA was strange because of Lady GaGa clothes and her kissing Kermit all I got to say to Lady Gaga "That's Miss.Piggy man lol

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Yeah Kanye was a total douche for what he did, it was really uncalled for. And Lady GaGa is a mediocre pop star IMO everything she does like wearing those costumes or constantly talking about gay's just seems forced or like she's doing it for attention because there's nothing really that great about her...

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
Never really liked Taylor, but Kanye violated. Seriously tho, he shouldn't be talkin'. His songs are maad waackk. ;/

Chelc

lmao, great times in that thread. 8)

I enjoyed everything about the VMAs this year. Madonna's speech and Janet's tribute were a great start to the show. Muse performing was something different, too. All of the performances were amazing, ESPECIALLY GaGa's, that will be one performance I will never forget!

It's sad that Beyonce had to clean up Kanye's mess, but I couldn't love her more. She's one classy woman, and I'm glad Taylor got to have her moment in the end, because she's a total sweetheart and didn't deserve the crap she got from Kanye.

Also LOL @ Lil Mama. No idea what she was doing during Jay and Alicia's performance.

Cyan

Mortal
I haven't cared for these things (Or MTV for that matter) in years

But it at least gives me another reason to believe that Kanye West's a douche

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Also LOL @ Lil Mama. No idea what she was doing during Jay and Alicia's performance.

I hated her for that. She ruined that performance with the stench of her eternal lameness T_T. This year's VMA's went to the attention wh*res.

I like Taylor Swift, she's so adorable. And the way she looked when her name was called. ...jhdfjhdf I wanted to just beat the s hit out of Kanye. She was so happy, and he ruined it.
I didn't even really like Beyonce's 'single ladies' song anyways. :p

But yeah. Lady Gaga is my girl. I fricken love that chick. When I saw her in the seats, I was like "AHAHAH! SHE DOES IT AGAIN!" her performance was off the top. Love her.

But yeah. Beyonce is amazing, that she gave Taylor her moment back during her time up. Great woman.

But yeah. I didn't even have to watch the VMAs, I had everyone on Facebook giving me all the dirty details. :] but I went back and watched Gaga's performance and the whole Swift/Kanye/Beyonce thing.

mhm, very interesting s hit.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
taylor swift deserved it. i hate country and anybody who sings it. Thank You Kanye West!

i hate the letter k, & anybody who uses it. ohlookatthat.
I hate country, but that doesn't mean I'd hate people who like/love country.

klubkj

i hate the letter k, & anybody who uses it. ohlookatthat.
I hate country, but that doesn't mean I'd hate people who like/love country.

i would've done the same thing! i mostly hate her anyways. my sister loves country and i rubbed it in her face and she was about to cry. i was sitting there laughing and what would've made it better was if Swift cried!

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
didnt watch most of the vma's except for the newmoon preview (shutup....lol)
but i saw on youtube what kanye did to taylor was deplorable, shes a good artist (well not not particularly in my taste but shes ok imo) but beyonce was so nice to let taylor speak

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
YES, I watch the VMAs every year. This one was pretty interesting:

I loved Lady Gaga's performance. She's really creative with her clothing too :p Although, I have no idea how she could see with that red dress covering her face. When she recieved the award, she had to take off the face part.

I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift, but that was really rude what KanYe West did. I'm glad Beyonce gave her her moment when she got her award.

I saw the extended new Mood tailer, and it seems like a good trailer. But I'm not watching the movie, I don't like the Twilight saga. No offense to anyone who does, though. Did anyone else notice how when Robert Pattinson was mentioned, everyone started screaming, and when Harry Potter was mentioned, like two people screamed? >:0

Beyonce's performance was amazing. She deserved to win the Video of the Year award.

The tribute to Michael Jackson was really awesome. Even though she's his sister, I'm surprised by how much they look alike. And Madonna's speech was very sweet. (I didn't know who she was at first :p)

The artists who performed in between the awards sound so different than in their professionally recorded songs. Pitbull sounds nothing like himself.

Overall, it was a great VMA show. I liked it better than last year's.