• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mudkip HydroPump/ Sroomish Spore (Stats)

FEZ

ok so i really want a swampert with HydroPump and a Breloom with Spore but if i keep them at there first stages ;258; ;285; will their stat level ups suffer.

amulekbird

Gardevoir Hunter
No, once you let them evolve, they will be just as powerful as they would have been if you leveled them up earlier.

FEZ

really because when I train pre-evolved pokemon there stat increases are always really low but when they level up they start to gain more. So that doesn't make any sence at all, why is that?

Last edited:

amulekbird

Gardevoir Hunter
FEZ, it's all a matter of the mathematics in the game...I sorta mispoke there. It may take a couple of levels after you let them evolve to get to where they would have been before. When you evolve them at higher levels, you're going to see a DRAMATIC increase in their stats.

I'd suggest checking out the Game Mechanics pages about Base Stats, EVs, IVs and the like.

FEZ

ok thanks i understand base stats a bit but EVs and IVs kinda ok really lost me

Dark Aerodactyl

i am not a spammer
ha, if you want swampert with hydro pump, train your mudkip to lv42.
Give to it everstone, after that evolve in marshtomp, and after that in swampert, if you wan breelom with spore, train your schroomish to lv 54(some way like swampert)

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
stats will be the same...i trained my vigoroth all the way to level 100 only then i let it evolve. it had flawless attack when it turned to slaking it was from 268 atk to 460(max). so dont worry

FEZ

Ok thanks for the reassurance there. I now just need to find a Shroomish with the right nature to start.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
The stats will not be affected, as said above. Raise mudkip to 42 and let it evolve. Keep marshtomp to lv 46 so it learns Earthquake.

Doglover821

Twilight Shadows
Oh, I was helped too. I thought that if you didn't let pokemon evolve, then you would lose a lot of stat increases...I never let my Torchic evolve, as I hate Cumbusken (sooooooooooooooo ugly, no?) so I was worried that it wouldn't get a lot of stat gains...

i!Mr Poo-Poo Head!i

i'm doing the EXACT same thing concerning the mudkip, keeping it a mudkip till it learns hyrdo pump, cant remember which level exactly 42 or something and then letting it learn earthquake, level 47 i think after it has evolved to marshtomp:p

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
starterlover1 said:
The stats will not be affected, as said above. Raise mudkip to 42 and let it evolve. Keep marshtomp to lv 46 so it learns Earthquake.
it learns EQ as a swampert, too, just 6 levels later. when playing through the game, it's better to let it evolve at 36 and get EQ later, because of the massive power boost it gets from evolving. the only reason to keep it as a marshtomp until 46 is if you want to use it in a level-50 competition, and don't want to use the TM.

killerjaw01

▼1.618▼
I think I will start to let my Pokemon evolve late after reading this thread. Thanks!

FEZ

oh wow i guess my question was confuessing well now i can finaly waitevolve them.