• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Muhammed and Pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChedWick

Are you saying that the reason for your faith in one prophet rather than another is merely a matter of preference?

I've not followed this whole discussion very closely but I think by it'self I actually find this to be an interesting question. Without thinking too deeply into it I'm leaning kinda toward yes. It could very well be a matter of preference. I mean, assuming we are still all going on the basis of faith, we as humans, we naturally seek answers. Answers that we personally accept. What we choose to accept can often rely on our preferences.

I'm curious of others insight.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Are you saying that the reason for your faith in one prophet rather than another is merely a matter of preference?

No. I was saying that neither of us can make a positive claim about who's a prophet or not, because there is not enough information. That would be an appeal to ignorance.

The emphasized portion is precisely true of Muhammad. The question I've asked is, "Is Muhammad's claim to be a prophet truly trustworthy?" I think the answer tends toward a negative, to put it mildly.
That's just your opinion, and it changes nothing.

Ludwig

I didn't read the whole thread, but many posts on the first page was about that it was different at that time. The people who wrote that failed to understand the first post. If it's just or not isn't relevant, the topic is about how the islam people contradict themselves.

Also, I want someone to explain why pedophilia is bad.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I didn't read the whole thread, but many posts on the first page was about that it was different at that time. The people who wrote that failed to understand the first post. If it's just or not isn't relevant, the topic is about how the islam people contradict themselves.

Also, I want someone to explain why pedophilia is bad.

Pedophilia (At least acting on it) can cause psycological problems to people who are to young and Phisical problems to women just entering puberty.

Ludwig

Pedophilia (At least acting on it) can cause psycological problems to people who are to young and Phisical problems to women just entering puberty.

"can" means that it's a posibility but doesn't tell anything about how big the posibility is and the fact that the word "will" isn't used makes me think that it's not 100%. What is the problem in the cases when it doesn't cause psychological problem? (Also assuming that if the child is a girl, she isn't just entering puberty).

BigLutz

Banned
"can" means that it's a posibility but doesn't tell anything about how big the posibility is and the fact that the word "will" isn't used makes me think that it's not 100%. What is the problem in the cases when it doesn't cause psychological problem? (Also assuming that if the child is a girl, she isn't just entering puberty).

Might actually want to re read the thread. Not only have we covered the psychological and physical problems that arise from pedophilia acts. But we have also covered that she hadn't entered puberty yet.

Ludwig

Might actually want to re read the thread. Not only have we covered the psychological and physical problems that arise from pedophilia acts. But we have also covered that she hadn't entered puberty yet.

Because I joined the forum the day before yesterday, I didn't read the read, thus it wouldn't be re-reading.

Also, my question was about what is wrong about pedophilia, which is general, not about this specific case.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Because I joined the forum the day before yesterday, I didn't read the read, thus it wouldn't be re-reading.

Also, my question was about what is wrong about pedophilia, which is general, not about this specific case.

Well, you wouldn't know that a specific case didn't cause psychological damage until you did it, meaning you'd have to risk the chance of traumatizing the child. So it's best not to do it at all.

Ludwig

Well, you wouldn't know that a specific case didn't cause psychological damage until you did it, meaning you'd have to risk the chance of traumatizing the child. So it's best not to do it at all.

That doesn't answer my question.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
That doesn't answer my question.

Pedophilia is bad because a prepubescent child (the sole subject of pedophilia) has not yet developed the faculties to understand sexuality, or the physical capacity to handle sex without being injured or intimidated physically and with undeveloped emotional reactions. Also the majority of brain development connected to critical thinking happens during puberty, meaning that kids don't have the same critical thinking abilities to decide 'yes' or 'no', straying into the realm of rape.

Putting the child in harm's way at all is immoral, regardless of whether there's a 100% chance they'll actually be harmed. If you got in a luxurious limo that has a 40% chance of crashing, and it didn't, the problem would be that you put yourself in danger. Likewise, the problem of doing something pedophilic, even if you avoided psychological trauma, is that you put the child in harm's way.

Also, we all know this is supposedly a debate about how Islam contradicts itself, but - so what? We've had all sorts of rebuttals against Christianity and Islam, and it's really tiresome and achieves very little.

Profesco

gone gently
It's Hi Bump Kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.