1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Muhammed and Pedophilia

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Woobatgirl, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Not that I agree with Mattj but you do realize that the Old Testament is essentially the Torrah, and is more Jewish than Christian which follows the teachings of Christ in the New Testament. It would be like taking the laws of the Torrah because Islam acknowledges it and works some of it into its foundation and using it to attack Islam.

2. ebilly99

ebilly99 Americanreigon champ

But its not just the torah, Its the whole old testament, (Even up to the new) Christianty is not a new religion, it is the fullfillment of the old testament. Not one law or titel of the law will change till heaven and earth pass away. If you say the old testament is not important you are calling the new testament a liar

3. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

I am saying that Christians by and large follow the teachings of Jesus, ala the name. While recognizing the Torah is part of the history of the religion ( Seeing how Christianity stemed from Judism ). the views of Jesus over rule anything that was a law in the Old Testament. Mind you from my understanding it is the same with Islam which sees Jesus as part of it's religion ( although not a son of God ) and is a continuation from that.

4. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

What does it matter that mattj was saying Christianity was superior to Islam? You said they were both like 'piles of sludge' anyway. You're never going to reach an agreement with mattj as long as he is talking about which is better and you are talking about one just being a lesser pile of sludge.

5. mattj

mattj .

you didn't reference a single law from the old testament to show that its okay to molest children
    you just compared pre-pubescent girls to vcrs and claimed that husbands own their wives
    seriously
    what are you talking about

6. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

Laws are there to prevent people from doing things, not to allow people to do things. There's no law that allows people to kill each other, but there's a law that disallows people from killing each other. That being said, it's not up to ebilly to find a law in the Old Testament that allows people to marry children, it's up to you to find a law in the Old Testament that says people are not allowed to marry children.

7. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

http://www.dannen.com/decision/int-law.htmlThese are the rules of warfare, They lay the guidelines on how you are ALLOWED to kill each other... in a loud gratuitous military fashion.

... just sayin'.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  8. Sadib

Those are amendments to the law added to bypass the law.

Say for example the law says you can't murder people. The amendment would be: you are ALLOWED to murder someone in self-defense.

9. mattj

mattj .

When ebilly99 says:
    Its up to him not me.

10. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

It really depends if you claimed something before he said that or if he claimed something.

11. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

And therefore murdering is legal under the law including how it can be performed.

Myth has it that the 50 cal Machine Gun is not allowed to be used to shoot a soldier. It is however acceptable to use on his equipment. So, I can't shoot an enemy soldier but I can shoot his helmet for instance, even while he is wearing it.

Nor can you shoot a soldier while he is descending on a parachute, but once again you can shoot his equipment... including the parachute!!!

Now whether these are true or not, I never actually read the conventions, but trust me they make more sense than some military laws, such as you can be charged for destruction of military property, for receiving a "visible hickey" or getting a sunburn. My favorite was during the height of the AIDs scare, the UCMJ made anything other than ordinary intercourse illegal to a soldier...even with his/her spouse!

12. ChedWick

ChedWick Well-Known Member

Not actually. The burden of proof does not always reside with the person initially making the claim(whom ever that may be atm). Seeing as how it appears ebilly is making the claim that no laws existed it is up to you to refute it; you can't very well expect him or anyone else on the same side of a similar debate to provide every single page or verse to show that there are no related laws. Instead you're side stepping it.

13. ebilly99

Ok I guess I need to show that women were just proporty in the bible right? thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
    These are items not living things. Honestly if the wife hates her husband she shoud be able to love whoever she wants. But she is proporty instead.
    EXODUS
    20:17 Wife as property.
    21:4 Wife and children belong to master.
    21:7-11 OK to sell daughters. Female slaves can be used for sex.
    Polygamy permitted. Unwanted female slaves can be set "free" without payment of money.
    22:18 Kill witches.

Leveticis
    12:1 Childbirth a sin, Women unclean after childbirth.
    15:19-32 Menstruating women are unclean.

NUMBERS
    1:2 Census lists only men - women do not count.
    30:1-16 Woman's vow invalid unless approved by her father or husband.
    31:17-18 Kill all except virgins. Keep virgins for yourselves.
    CH 12 Miriam punished for rebuking Moses.

DEUTERONOMY
    20:14 Take women, livestock as plunder.
    22:13-21 Stone non-virgin bride.
    22:23-24 Stone rapist and rape victim.
    22:28 Rape victim must marry rapist; rape victim's father compensated for depreciation of his property.
    25:11-12 Cut woman's hand for touching foe's penis.
    24:1-5 Man can "send" wife from HIS house. Man must not marry "used" woman.
    28:18 The FRUIT of your womb will be cursed - eclectic "pro-life" verse!

JUDGES
    5:30 Women are spoils of war.
    14:20 Samson gives wife to another man.
    16:1 Samson visits prostitute.
    CH 19 Concubine pack-raped and butchered.
    21:10-12 Slaughtered all inc. women and children. Saved virgins for wives.
    21:21 Abducted girls for wives.

Ok enough of the old testament, now onto the new...
    I CORINTHIANS
    11:2-10... Woman created for man.
    14:34 Women must be silent in churches.

COLOSSIANS
    3:18 Wives submit to husbands.
    3:22 Slaves must obey masters in everything.

I TIMOTHY
    2:11-15 Woman must not have authority…she must be silent. Women can be saved with childbearing.
    5:9-10 Widows should be faithful to husband and must wash saints' feet.

1 PETER
    2:18 Slaves submit to masters, even masters who are harsh.
    3:1 Wives submit.
    3:5-6 Sarah calls husband master.

14. Sadib

What the heck is not ordinary intercourse? Like with a condom?

I actually know this verse. It's referring to the god Artemis, and how that god says women need to die from childbirth to be saved or something. It makes sense in context, but the context got lost.

15. mattj

mattj .

Respectfully, you didn't read the conversation closely. He said:
    I said:
    I don't have anything to prove. He made a claim and didn't back it up.

Firstly, women were not property in the Bible, and secondly that still wouldn't justify Mohommad's penchant for molesting pre-pubescent girls.
    Did you seriously just say that neither a wife,a manservent, a maidservant, an ox, nor a donkey are "not living things"...

?

what on earth are you talking about
    I fail to see where it says that a wife is property. When I introduce people to my wife I say "Hey! This is my wife Heather. I'm not claiming ownership of her as an object.
    I guess you haven't gotten to "indentured servitude" in Social Studies yet. I think you'll cover that in the 7th grade. This has nothing to do with owning women or children as property. It was a business contract. They worked for X years for Y payment. When the contract was up they got paid and were free.
    Okay, I was about to go through this, but this has become an obvious troll. What does Miriam punished for rebuking Moses have to do with Mohammad raping young girls? Or slaves obeying masters. Or Samson banging a prostitute. I mean seriously, you just dump a ton of random verses and say "HERE LOOK! IT'S OKAY FOR MOHAMMAD TO STUFF HIS MEAT UP A 9YO!" lol seriously man.

16. ebilly99

I honestly think its terible, but no less so then the Autrocitys of the Old and New testament. Before you pluck the speck from anothers religion remove the Beam from thy own.

17. ChedWick

ChedWick Well-Known Member

Maybe so but I was sure to structure my post so that it wasn't necessarily directed specifically at you but rather any situation I outlined.

Though on the topic of Islam and Biblical laws in regards to sex with children... Are there any? Thus far I've questioned and had confirmed that there were no governing laws against such actions but what about moral laws? I'm quite aware of some archaic practices and laws int he bible, not so much in the Qur'an.

18. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

Did my point about the 'Appeal to Hypocrisy' fallacy mean nothing?

19. mattj

mattj .

Its not about consistency. Its about trolling this thread atm. Neither one can justify Mohammad's sick perversions so they try to change the subject.

20. Sadib

Ebilly is only saying that Muhammad actions are acceptable acceptable to the Bible. That has nothing to do with anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.