• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

| Multi Battle Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
10bc912cd8bf0190a4b33b7e3ed6923fbff4ac06_hq.jpg

Welcome Multi battle fans !
This is the place where you can find people that
also share the love for multi battles.

Intro
Multi battle is a term being used in pokemon where you and your partner engage in a tense and fun battle against two other players.
Everyone brings 6 pokemons and 3 will participate in the fight. The team who brings down the opponents team first, wins the match.
Think about that moment when your avatar in ORAS and Steven Stone face Maxie and his admin - only with four players instead of in-game characters,
now that is a Multi battle !

Focus
Our focus is simple, gather alot of people and do some jolly coopertation with pokemon battles.
We dont play by the Smogon rules or VGC rules normally, although this can be requested.
Our goal is not to win but just enjoying the expercience of multies and making friends.

Rules:
1. Please stay on topic.
2. Respect each other.
3. When sharing your expercience here, please keep it proffesional. No bashing or insulting.
4. Any thing not made by you, please indicate the artist or source where you obtain the image.
5. Follow the general SPPF rules.
6. No double posing, mini-modding, etc..
7. Stay active on both the thread and our club channel.
8. When joining, please follow the registration format below.
9. Have fun in some jolly cooperation !

Username:
In-game-name:
Friend code:

Have you singed up? Good ! Then please click on the link below
to reach our channel. DiscordChannel <-- link

Username: Azulart
In-game-name: Mythe
Friend code: 0705-4374-1566

Username: Marika
In-game-name: David
Friend code: 5258-0856-5908

Username: scizor64
In-game-name: Carlos
Friend code: 0275 - 8655 - 0603

Username: Wego
In-game-name: BriefStarWego
Friend code: 4141 3434 8031

Username: Nomik18
In-game-name: Lefkos
Friend code: 1435 4739 8696

Username: JoeyJoeJoe
In-game-name: Joe
Friend code: 4914 5819 8536

Username: Archstaraptor
In-game-name: Chris
Friend code: 3926 - 5813 - 3943

Username: xYachu
In-game-name: Yachi
Friend code:4614-0610-4174

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Event book.

Multi-Battle-Fan-Club Christmass Tourney #1.
weg.jpg

1. Double Battles are being held with the Flat Rule format. This means no double items can be used and you need to pick 4 out of 6 mons to enter the battle.

2. Your team must consist of one pokemon that fits in the Christmass theme. This is a pokemon that fits in the Red, Green or White colour catogory
or esthetics that represent an common element in christmass, like a tree.. present.. etc..
Your chosen pokemon must be nicknamed; Merry Christmass / or Merry Xmass, but you can be very creative, as long as you wish your
opponent something christmass related

3. Make sure one of you saves the battle video.

4. When a disconnect happends, discuss with your opponent if you want a second battle or decide the outcome based on the pokemons left.

5. Incase of withdraw from the tourney, the opponent automaticly wins.

6. Be aware of the deadlines !

Banned pokemons.

Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys,
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram,
Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa,
Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Ash-Greninja

All participants will receive a Gold Bottle Cap and the winner of the Tourney can chose between:
HA Shiny Articuno from the VC games, an HP Fire Timid Latios or a shiny cloned pokemon from Mythe's shiny hunt huge stock (no legends).

Sign ups can be found in our discord channel but you can also sign up here ! Just fill in the following format below and I will add you here;
http://challonge.com/MultiTourney1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Marika_CZ

Just to clarify, we try to have couple of friendly battles every day (you don't have to battle everyday to be considered "active" tho) and we all live in various time zones.
Hopefully this thread will help with coordination, since plaza is rather limiting in terms of in-game communication (to put it mildly).

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Nice club Azu may if I join also love the banner.

Username: Wego
In-game-name: BriefStarWego
Friend code: 4141 3434 8031

Marika_CZ

Unfortunatelly I *still* didnt get local copy. I regret preordering now. I should have just grabbed UK copy while visiting London :/

I did hear about ingame multi battles. Definitely looking forward to it.

scizor64

"sciz"
Hello friends, I have yet to obtain my copy. Probably next year as I'm too cheap and reluctant to spend my little "spending money". Haha.

Been spending a generous amount of time completing Alola pokedex in sun. Also doing the same in Moon which is easy since i have transferred all my stuff over to it from completing the dex last gen. Its fun to fulfill entries.

My question:
What is a good moveset for a multi-Turtonator? I have two variants currently designed for singles but am looking to expand it for multi's! (I love its design and it needs some love)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hello friends, I have yet to obtain my copy. Probably next year as I'm too cheap and reluctant to spend my little "spending money". Haha.

Been spending a generous amount of time completing Alola pokedex in sun. Also doing the same in Moon which is easy since i have transferred all my stuff over to it from completing the dex last gen. Its fun to fulfill entries.

My question:
What is a good moveset for a multi-Turtonator? I have two variants currently designed for singles but am looking to expand it for multi's! (I love its design and it needs some love)

Turtonator is hard to use in doubles imo, a good reason why people want a fire type in their team is to have something against the OP Fairy type.
Turtonator's added dragon type doesnt make it able to tank some Moonblasts, its dragontype does prove a nice addition against Sun teams, its very good pokemon to use against (and in) sun teams actually.

Anyway, in my expercience Turtonator needs alot of support in order to shine in multi-double battle. His signature move is quite strong, 150 base power with spread damage but is a bit gimmicky to use. The best way to abuse this, is to use moves like Spotlight and Ally Switch. Shiinotic makes an excellent syngery partner with him due his typing and both can work in trick room toom. Shiinotic and can use Spotlight on Turtonator to redirect Poison Jabs, iron heads or Brave birds to turtonator activating Shell Trap for excellent spread damage, while taking minimal damage with his good DEF bulk.

This is the set I am using in Multi-double battles;

Turtonator @ Electric Seed
Shell armor
Relaxed
IV: 0 speed
EV's: 252/0/4/252/0/0
- Shell trap
- Fire blast / Heat Wave
- Dragon Tail / Dragon Pulse
- Wide guard

With just relaxed nature and 4 EV's it has 172 Defence Plus the added +1 defence from Electric seed gives him enough bulk to tank hits. (Good for Shell trap). The rest I dumped in HP for added Bulk and 252 in Sp.attack.
I tried to do some calcs on giving it Sp.def but it hardly matterd for him honestly, and he needs the fire power (lol) to do some good damage with Shell trap.

Quiet is fine too but then his defence gets a huge kick down, something around 150 which a found a bit to low.

Anyways, in practice I pair this up with Tapu Koko since he resists boosted Thunder moves so the electric terrain doesnt hurt him that much (Nice side effect of the dragon type) The terrain actives his Seed and he becomes a Def wall :D. Now its just a matter of sitaution what your going to do, doing the shell trap with Shiinotic or Fire blast.

I like dragon tail on him because it makes sure the opponent cannot setup Trick Room.

Well.. sorry for this much info, but I just like underrated mons too and like to give you some ideas how you can work it :)

Anyway I hope to see your Turtonator too in our multies :)

Marika_CZ

Finally got UM. Gonna transfer all my Moon competitive stuff ASAP. Hopefully we can have multis tonight or tomorrow.

scizor64

"sciz"
Thanks for the advice Azu! I will definitely try that set out with dragon tail. I like that dragon tail + outside trick room support idea/combo too! Boy this gives me a good starting point to branch out from.

And yea ill see you guys for some fun multi's in the chat!

Nomik18

Estia

Marika_CZ

Welcome!

Btw I guess we should include our USUM avatr names too now. Mine is Marika, like in XY days.

Marika_CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.