• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Multiple Lugia, and birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralititan

I have two questions±

1 Since there are multiple Lugia, and also multiple pokemon of the 3 bird species, are they all they guardian of the sea, and are all the birds the titans that destroy the world?

I personaly think that the legend is only about the Lugia and birds in the movie, and that the other ones are just pokemon of the same species. Does that make sense.

2nd one: Would the Lugia in the movie only appear when the earth is in danger because of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, or maybe also in other situations. Like when Dialga and Palkia fight in Johto and a giant blast hits the sea and alerts Lugia? He is the Guardian of the Seas after all. Just an example. Not that Dialga and Palkia will ever fight in Johto.

Can anyone answer these 2 questions???

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
First of all, the information in the movies often contradicts what is told in the series. Ash claimed he had never seen a real Arcticuna and Zapdos until he had gone the Jotho while in fact had had seen the in the Second Movie. However, when meeting Lugia and Silver, he said he had seen a Lugia before in teh Orange Archipelago.

1. Only the ones seen in the second movie are special. Only the Guardian Lugia can speak and only those 3 birds live on the island and can thus change the climate.

2. The Lugia in the movie appears to live in the underwater current created by the 3 birds. So only when the current is effected will he come out into the open and sing his song. The real reason is: the same Pokémon can't save the day in each movie. Otherwise we'd see Mewtwo kick *** time after time after time. Not that it's a bad thing, though, but the Pokémon writers like to believe they are original. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" must be the pinnacle of originality than.

Paralititan

Okey, thanks!! But I think if Jotho was in real danger, especially around the Orange Islands, Lugia might come out because it doesn't want the world to be destroyed. He seems like a caring pokemon, and he might think it's his duty to prevent the world from being destroyed.

I know this won't happen in a movie, but just something that Lugia could do, because he is the guardian of the seas.:D

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Simple.There are more than one of each and the orange insland ones are the most powerful

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The Birds that live on the elemental islands are meant to be more powerful examples of their species. That's why they're also considerably larger than they should be (two of the three, I believe, ought to be less than six feet tall).

The Lugia from the movie might not be the only one who's telepathic, though. We haven't seen them in any large numbers enough to determine it.

There's some debate as to if Lugia *is* the Beast of the Sea though. Some people claim it's the undersea current, but if that was so (or exclusively so anyway) wouldn't the song have not worked on Lugia? It's possible they're *both* the "beast"...

randomspot555

As for the exact number of legendary Pokemon: Unlike the games (where you only encounter one legendary of each species per save), there's been multiple instances of legendaries having more than one.

And as another poster said: The movies often contradict the anime, and the anime often contradicts the movies...sometimes the anime contradicts the anime!

TLDR: The only thing that a legendary Pokemon really means in the game is that it's tied into the area's history or mythology. The same basically goes for the anime too, except there's more than 1 of each legend.

Rave

Banned
Yeah... I think we'll lock this...

Status
Not open for further replies.