• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Multiple Switch Consoles

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Hey, I have the OG Switch console with a few games downloaded onto it. I haven't played the Switch for a while and it's currently in storage as I moved house. New Pokemon games so of course I have bought them along with a new Switch Lite (never played the old one on TV so this is perfect for me).

Now I'm yet to open the new Switch and play the games because I was wondering the following; Do I need to do a console transfer from OG to Switch or can I use my account on both Switchs and access all games from either console?

Any information on this would be awesome.

TIA,
BlueEew.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, I'll assume that you have a Nintendo account. You'll be able to just log in to your Nintendo Account on the Switch Lite, and download your games.

Your Save files are another matter. If you had Switch Online before your OG switch was put away, For any game that you has cloud save support will be able to be downloaded on demand. However some games (or not Swicth online subcriber), you'll need to Manually transfer the save from your old Switch, which you can do without needing to transfer your account.

As your OG switch will be your Primary Switch, your Switch lite will need be online to play Download games. There are ways to unhook your OG Switch from being the Primary account by using the website.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Ok, I'll assume that you have a Nintendo account. You'll be able to just log in to your Nintendo Account on the Switch Lite, and download your games.

Your Save files are another matter. If you had Switch Online before your OG switch was put away, For any game that you has cloud save support will be able to be downloaded on demand. However some games (or not Swicth online subcriber), you'll need to Manually transfer the save from your old Switch, which you can do without needing to transfer your account.

As your OG switch will be your Primary Switch, your Switch lite will need be online to play Download games. There are ways to unhook your OG Switch from being the Primary account by using the website.

So to download the games onto the Switch Lite I would need to pay for a Online Subscription or just simply be connected to the internet?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So to download the games onto the Switch Lite I would need to pay for a Online Subscription or just simply be connected to the internet?
To play: You just need to be online, or have made your Switch lite your Primary console. The Saves are another matter, If you never had Switch online, you need to find you old switch to transfer saves, if you have or had it in the past, you may be able to download Save files

I think video may help, as it shows some of the things I've been talking about: