• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Multiple teams.

Once i had beaten the game, In my PC boxes (pokemon diamond) i used to sort the pokemon by teams; I layed them out in rows of 6 in the box due to attacks, stats, moves (etc) and used them when i felt they were needed. At that time, i didnt have a favourite team, or pokemon.

does anyone else do that?
do you think this is this an effective way to play the game?
yes it was quite time consuming, and Once i accidently deleted the game, I never did that ever again.

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
If you had already beaten the game, I dont understand why you would think that sorting them is a more "effective way to play the game". After you beat the game, extensive breeding is the only thing I can see worthwhile, as it achieves competitive goals (which you would not do by going through your PC and picking out teams as you have suggested).

more simply, no.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
Once in my Leaf Green I had some boxes that were sorted by teams. But the biggest thing I've done recently is breed/catch/evolve ALL of the pokemon (except the unobtainable ones) and put them in my Diamond PC boxes according to number. I have from Bulbasaur to Arceus in my PC all in order all evos/pre-evos from 1-493, except Celebi...I think thats the only one...not 100% sure though. It took FOREVER but it was worth it to me and its cool to look at all of them there like that :D

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
planning to sort by fully evod #

darkvoid95

intermediate trainer
I do something like that once I gain access to pale park. I have a couple of boxes of Pokemon I use for competitive battling, and even just to mess around with. But I don't sort them by team, I just put them in random order, and if I feel like being organized, I just organize them by type.

R-J

I sort by level. one box is EVed pokes level 39 and under, one is EVeds lv 40-59, one for 60-79, one for 80-99, and then i have two boxes for lv 100s. the next box is my "to EV train" box, containing pokes ready to be EVed. Then i have the next 11 for eggs, breeding results (currently have 2 3/4 boxes of recently bred Wynaut! :p) and random things. Plenty of space =D

On a side note, anyone need a Wynaut? :p

Radon

Ok well, you can't really beat the game unless you capture all 493 Pokemon and get them to level 100. Anyway, I used to sort my Pokemon after I beat the other Pokemon games. I usually sort them in numerical order. In gold and silver I sorted them numerically. In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I sorted them using types. When I finnaly get almost all the Sinnoh Pokemon, I'm going to sort them in my PC according to thier numbers in the SinnohDex.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Mine are arranged in National Dex order, all 492 of them (Arceus event NOW, dammit!). I never really use multiple teams, anyway; I generally just have one team that I add and remove Pokémon to and from. This often ultimately results in the creation of a totally different team to the one I started with, but I still consider it to be the same team. Go figure.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
i actually arrange my pokemon in my boxes according to generation. im not that big on competetive play. i really only play with my friends who arent that much into pokemon, but since i have a complete national dex, i like to have a big selection, and have it organized to make it easier to find what i want

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
i arrange mine according to levels. I dunno why I do I just do.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
Mine are arranged in National Dex order, all 492 of them (Arceus event NOW, dammit!). I never really use multiple teams, anyway; I generally just have one team that I add and remove Pokémon to and from. This often ultimately results in the creation of a totally different team to the one I started with, but I still consider it to be the same team. Go figure.

There was an Arceus event in November at Toys 'r' us stores....

~ Z ~

Badabim badabum!
*raises his hand*

Yes, I do this too.
Mostly since I don't have an actual perty, even yet, so...I could use one...
So far I haven't found any combination that I'd like, but the positive side is that most of the pokemons in my PC are pretty much all lv 60...
I hate myself...

dannydstk

i used to do it by type but now i do evd pokes ready to be evd pokes and junk which works well since i train my events as well

Spenner

On Diamond, its quite a random order for me. Though, I have one box with my original team (not very original mind, Torterra, Lucario, Garchomp, Luxray.. and two others I can't remember without checking.) and my team from my first Platinum run-though and a few of my EV'd pokemon BF teams from Emerald. I also have a box of each of these: Feebas, Scyther, Abra, Dratini, a few Chimchar, and Swinub which i may or may not keep for when i finally get wi-fi. I'm sure ill get a few decent trades for a Feebas. I do most of my breeding on there, and I'm about to start breeding for my new BF team.

Platinum: They are arranged by the order they were caught in, because I'm too lazy to do anything else. My team was transferred from Diamond having been breed anyways.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Woah, someone that does something similar to me...

Well, I do sort teams I make like that... in fact, I have 3 or 4 boxes devoted to the storage of said teams. So... ya.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I only run one team through out the in-game portion, and after, develop a team for competitive play.

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
Yeah, I did that back then. I had multiple teams; although, I didn't sort them properly. I have a Water team in my Platinum which already consists of 8 members, with 4 more on the way once I get HeartGold. Yeah, one row can't fit them. Oh, and most of my boxes are currently filled with Pokemon that I've caught and/or bred.

Gosh, I can't wait for HeartGold... Slightly easier breeding and more PC space. Maybe then, I'll be able to sort my Pokemon according to teams.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I pretty much sort them on the national dex number. It always becomes a mess though when I start catchin new stuff.

Dark Destiny

Battle Noob
Hmm... I'm quite oragnised.
I have a box(s) for my special sweepers, another for Physical, another for Defence and SDef. And I have one box for a set team that I use.