• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Munchy's Sprite's~

Munchy.42

So... Um. Hi. I haven't made a sprited for a while, but I got back into it recently and made a few things that I think looks pretty good. I hardly ever make sprite threads, as they usually die really quickly, but I hope that this one will stay alive. So, here are my newest sprites!

ThingWBG.PNG

I'd say that this is my best sprite. Its a fusion of Aggron, Darkrai, Gallade and the pokemon freak from Gold and Silver.

MunchlaxtrainerWBG.png

Its a man dressed as a Munchlax! Hurray! I tried to add ears, but they looked odd.

ShayminTransformal.gif

I made this on GIMP. I'm not sure who made the Shaymin Sky Forme Sprite.

Spindaanimation3.gif

Not the best thing ever, I made it randomly. For some reason it stops every so often /:

ArceusGodForme.PNG

Ignore Land Forme. I made this because of Arceus' pokedex which said it had a thousand arms. I did plan it to have a few arms, but it didn't look right, so I just gave it 1 pair of arms. And there's a little item that transforms Arceus.

NormalStunky.png

Not that awesome.

Piganimation.gif

This was meant to be for the Caption Contest.

MySnorlax.png

I'm trying to re-sprite some of my favourite pokemon. This was the first re-sprite.

MySpiritomb.png

And this was the second. It looks a lot more evil.

TapiaxWBG.png

I found one of my favourite older sprites and re-shaded it.

UxameowAnimation.gif

I made the sprite in this ages ago and planned an animation for it. I found the animation frames not long ago and decided to animate them. That was the result.

Batelecit.png

A 95% scratch bettery, I call Batelectic. The thunderblots were taken from Rotom.

I hope to update soon. NOW POST >D!!!

Last edited:

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
These sprites are pretty good. However the Stunky looks a bit too much like the original and God Forme Arceus looks kind of fat. Scratches are beautiful, but I'm no sprites critique.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
These sprites are pretty good. However the Stunky looks a bit too much like the original and God Forme Arceus looks kind of fat. Scratches are beautiful, but I'm no sprites critique.

Last edited:

Munchy.42

I know what you mean about the Stunky. It was just a practise to see if I could still sprite. And about the Arceus, do you mean near the bottom or the top?

Sharingan

Nice work on the trainer sprites .... the shading look good nice work

BlazikenBud is right God Forme Arceus looks kind of fat xD ... try making the head and body a bit bigger =P

haha geodude evo to a pig xD .. that petty funny

Sharingan

Nice work on the trainer sprites .... the shading look good nice work

BlazikenBud is right God Forme Arceus looks kind of fat xD ... try making the head and body a bit bigger =P

haha geodude evo to a pig xD .. that petty funny

Munchy.42

Ah... I see what you mean about Arceus now. I'll try to make its header bigger and give it a smaller neck.

EDIT: My next sprite will be a Battery pokemon scratch.

Last edited:

Munchy.42

I've finished the Battery scratch! It took one hour xD

Batelecit.png

Now it isn't 100% scratch, since I couldn't get the electric legs right, so I took them from Rotom. And I also used default blue for some of the lightning, but I think default blue makes the lightning look better.

I'm going to start the Arceus forme now.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I have a question: is Battelek a Rotom evo? It looks perfect for one.

Yami Ryu

You.. don't quite understand shading, do you? As I see you using shading in / / / / / incriments and it leaves the sprite feeling flat and well obviously a sprite and not something else. And did I mention flat.

Like Snorlax, even with the shading like ) ) ), you didn't shade both ears, when one should have been shaded, the head is shaded poorly, and the shading on the back seems akward as it looks like the light source is behind Snorlax's rear, which doesn't synch with the light source for the shaded ear.

And like the Arceus, you failed to shade the body, arms or create a neck for the head. Leaving it a lump of a torso and 1950's space suit arms. And it's easy to see you didn't really try to scratch much outside of that; the legs are awfully short and cut-n-paste, the body spire is still in the same position so it makes it seem your 'god mode' Arceus should be standing like Land form but turning slightly to show off the centaur body. And good grief you couldn't even scratch it's tail.

Your re-shaded old sprite has no definetion for the feet and the claws look like they are coming straight out of the bottom of the feet, and no shading = they don't really look that good. Then the body and head and everything else about it suffers from confusing/conflicting light sources and shading, and the shading is suffering from basic / / / ness.

These are all in need of serious work. Especially the 'battery scratch' it's not shaded how a cylinder should be or would be shaded, and looks more like a faulty stretched out balloon because of it.

Munchy.42

Finally some help for my sprites instead of "they are good".

I actually agree with your entire post. I wasn't actually sure how to shade the battery, and it took a while to even get the shading that good, so I just left it like that an hoped to get some help for it. So thanks for that and I'll try and fix it.

I'd actually just started to edit the re-shaded sprites feet when you posted that, so I'm glad you noticed it too.

And I totally agree with what you said about Arceus, and it does look terrible there, so I'm in the middle of editting it. Here's what I have so far:

ArceusGodforme4.PNG

Thanks for your post ;)

Munchy.42

i like the trainer sprite but i cant really see the difference in spiritomb.

Which trainer sprite? And if you compare my Spiritomb with the official one, you'll see that they look nothing alike.

Oh and a new sprite:

MyDarkrai.png

^ That was hard to shade, so the shading probably sucks. (But it looks cool on the dark Type Skin)