• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MURDER 8: Bloody Conquest {Read the ENTIRE first post before joining!}

Aegon

pikalax, there's an error in the OP regarding the date of Day One's end.

Are we allowed to abstain from voting? There really isn't enough to go on with this clue. Most of it seems to be filler.

Some of you were quick to vote. Too quick. That's why the days will be ending on the weekend - to encourage you to vote towards the end of the day.
I wonder who they voted for. :rolleyes:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Abstaining is exactly what we DON'T want to do Eleventh. May I remind you that there is no chance of the murderer dying, but double the chance of the Detective dying? We NEED to lynch someone, preferribly someone who isn't really contributing.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
dammit, i wake up at 2 pm and look what i miss

We NEED to lynch someone, preferribly someone who isn't really contributing.

aaaaand crap.

The "IMA THE DCO ORT" thing is probably there just to throw us off to be quite frank. This seems like a complete introduction rather than a clue of any sort.

But if you do believe that the clues could be followed in this then the "you are all screwed" clue has alot more to lean on.

Essentially though I think y'all are overthinking an introduction way to much :p

Most likely this, honestly. The whole doctor thing could turn out to be legit, but I find it unlikely. I sincerely doubt that anyone whom the doctor criteria fits would be lazy/stupid enough to reveal it like that.

Aegon

Abstaining is exactly what we DON'T want to do Eleventh. May I remind you that there is no chance of the murderer dying, but double the chance of the Detective dying? We NEED to lynch someone, preferribly someone who isn't really contributing.
It's clear some have already voted, though. Since some of their votes mightn't be in my favour, I suppose it'd be best for us all to choose someone who has been inactive and vote for them. I don't think we can get a clear choice from the note that was left, though "Essentially, you are all screwed" still sticks out to me.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I suppose it'd be best for us all to choose someone who has been inactive and vote for them.

Later, I hope you mean.

I mean, the game only started six hours ago. Let's not rush any lynches here; we may find something new, or some argument may start, or whatever. But let's see what plays out before we choose who to kill.

Aegon

Later, I hope you mean.

I mean, the game only started six hours ago. Let's not rush any lynches here; we may find something new, or some argument may start, or whatever. But let's see what plays out before we choose who to kill.
Of course. There's no point in rushing. It's best to wait until Sunday.

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
Yeah, time to get cracking!

It is now the time.
Many will fall, starting with this 'shroom,
All thanks to my glorious plan.

There is no hope.
Help will not come and you will all die;
Essentially, you all are screwed.

Don’t try to stop fate.
Count your days well, for they will be your last;
Once the fun begins you can’t win.

Odds are you will lose.
Really, your clock is ticking;
Time is now your foe.

OK! So, the first letters of each thing spell 'I am the Doctor', as other people are saying. What does a doctor do? Heal. So, perhaps we are looking for a pokemon with a healing move, or heal a status condition. Refresh somehow comes to mind.

It is now the time.

Move that takes two-turns? Like SolarBeam, which 4 pokemon can know. (All Grass-Type nominations)

Probably a filler.

Nasty Plot, which Zoroark can learn?

There is no hope.

Filler?

Moves that keep you trapped, like Mean Look/Block/Arena Trap? Umbreon (Zapphire) Can learn it.

Filler, nothing really that I could find.

Don’t try to stop fate.

Future Sight, so he/she saw the future, and thinks she/he will win? Only good thing I could come up with.

I seriously think there are too many fillers.

I keep on thinking of the ability Stall for some reason...

Odds are you will lose.

He/She appears very calm for some reason...Calm Mind?

Future Sight.

Time is now your foe.

Future Sight AGAIN.

ScizorFTW

Skyfall
Hmm, after seeing all your thoughts, I am mostly leaning towards Munna/Musharna. They can learn Moonlight/Future Sight and they were on my doctor theory. And maybe all those time references could somehow connect with dreams? Still, it is too early to make proper assumptions and the hint we have doesn't give much.

Raptor737

Mage of Void
At this point, voting is going to basically be a stab in the dark. There aren't really any leads except for ones we've come up with with this vague clue.

The time theory is interesting, but doesn't really apply to any Pokemon.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Just waking up doesn't exactly put me in the mood to analyze things so maybe I'll come back tomorrow to give my two cents.

And besides, the very first clue usually isn't relevant. It could be like Murder 6 where zhanton linked clues together to make one big clue.

Zapphire

Okay, I have a thought. It isnt the best, but it's something.

It is now the time.

There is no hope.

Don’t try to stop fate.

Odds are you will lose.
Time is now your foe.

When I read this, one word come to mind. Manipulation, because of the time and fate references scattered through the clue. I think the murder has some sort of unique trait about it, which they can easily manipulate. My first thought was Zoroark, due to Illusion. So I checked it's Bulbapedia page, but nothing really came of it. Then I checked Musharna, because of dream mist, but again, nothing. Then, somehow, my mind drifted to Mystery Dungeon 2, and it hit me; time. Time plays such a huge role in that game. So I thought about which Pokemon play a big role in it. Only one pokemon really does: Luxray(digipoke1). The way the clue was worded actually sounds somewhat like the speech Luxray gave before the battle, especially "Odds are you will lose."

Again, just a thought, but this is the most sense I made out of the clue.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Plus we have to keep in mind HOW it was written. Due to it's proper grammar and capitalization, we can assume that means the murderer types that way too. Problem is, plenty of people type like that (myself included). But still, I think that's something we should keep in mind.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Interesting hypothesis, Zapphire. I forgot that Luxray is kind of a major character in PMD2. The manipulation idea makes sense as well. And actually, Musharna's Dream Mist could definitely play a role here, because it does manipulate the dreams of Pokemon, and the Dream World is heavily linked to time (one-hour sessions with 20 hours in between).

Ooh, I just saw something. "Help will not come and you will all die." Could that be a reference to rescue requests from Mystery Dungeon?

Right now I think Musharna and Luxray are prime suspects, with Munna and Chimecho being up there as well. But I'll wait until towards the end of the day before making my decision about who to vote for. Hopefully we'll gain a little more information before then.

Charze

Always flyin'
I think we are spending a lot of time on moves. Most likely it is regarding and attribute about the Pokemon, like personality or traits. Maybe we could have something with Luxray. Really, voting is random, but we have to vote, just because of the small chance we are right vs no chance at all.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Sorry for not being on. RL family issues, but I have read through everything. I do agree that the Doctor thing might be a clue, and the dialect too, but like some others of you have said, but I might take this further, maybe the Murderer is actually manipulating us so that we think something far from the murderer is the one who has done the dead, so in a sense, even though we have the clues that lead to a select group, it might be better for us to think of the things of opposites. So instead of going towards the time aspect, we go towards the space aspect, like those who have moves that can hit multiple targets but still has some healing aspects (Vaporeon comes to mind with Surf+Wish). Or, this might be one of the most outlandish statements (and speculation) yet, but what about a Pokemon on this list that can learn Heal Block? Well, this is just my cup o' tea.

Last edited:

Charze

Always flyin'
I think we are spending a lot of time on moves. Most likely it is regarding and attribute about the Pokemon, like personality or traits. Maybe we could have something with Luxray. Really, voting is random, but we have to vote, just because of the small chance we are right vs no chance at all.

I'm still sticking by what I said. I don't think this is related to anything move-wise.

infernape612

Village Idiot
I'd say that yeah, Chimeco, Munna, Musharna, and Luxray have the most weight.

Or better, the least weightlessness.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
we all have weight, but to me, one of the most interesting things is the "'shroom." Part, who speaks like that? (Besides me, but I said I had RL issues. I seriously didn't have computer access from Ten Yesterday to like 5 Today.)