• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music and Musicians Alliance

Week 1 Musician's Article

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
I play the trumpet, going into my 4th year. Always got A's and B's in Band.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
Username: xXCobalionXx
What instruments do you play (If none put "none or N/A"): Trumpet
Why are you joining the club: I've always been into music. I always have my radio on and love playing!
Would you be willing to collaborate: Yeah, but just like any human, I can't be on 24/7. Gonna be busy, so give me a little time, school's in a month...

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Yea I'm only on for an hour if that cuz I gotta work 8-12 hours a day along with writing lyrics and getting them recorded so trust me I know. I'm hoping to have tracks uploaded and posted here in a few weeks so be on the look out for that. I'm lookin into upgrading my equipment in the next few months and it's a couple g so I'll remaster the tracks.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
Alright man good luck
Sounds pretty awesome, too.

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
I sing too :D in choirs. I physically cant sing pop or rap, all operatic and choral. anyway
What is your favorite style of music, and why?

classical or folk rock. classical cuz thats what I have been braught up with, an its not boring. tell me with a straight face that tocatta and fugue in Dm by Bach is boring. and the veriteu, oh the verity from dance of the sugar plum fairy to saturn of the planet suite, each piece has a story to tell. I think im the only person that likes it -.- anyway, I also liek folk rock (Blackmore's night FTW) because the way it merges the slow rock style of music with the sharp sound of folk instruments.

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
If you guys want I can probably give you guys a demo here in the next few days.

Thatd be great. Then we can -possibly- start in contributing!

Im glad all you lots favourite music isnt pop (like, top chart radio stuff, AKA 1D and psy) and stuff like that. Its all varied, a whole wide range of perspecitives!
(oh yeah and classical music aint boring either :D)

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Oh I also like metal lol. Not just regular metal from the 80's but heavy/death metal. Reason being is it takes a lot of skill. It's not something that anybody can just learn on the guitar or drums it's something you gotta know how to do and be fluent at. It's even more impressive when they're playing the stuff really fast but you can also hear every note they're playing which is technical death metal. Technical death metal also has the rhythm with the leads doing harmonized advanced scaling. When I play my guitar I have it in Drop A and jam to drum instrumentals.

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

Now, I had a great idea for the club! How about each week, someone writes an article about a specific band or artist. It can detail a brief history of the artist, and include a list on albums they have released, as well as a list of 10 of their songs. Members could be assigned to different genres of music. For example, I could write about rock, and a few metal, punk, and alternative bands. You guys like it?

Yveltal96

A little more human
^^^nice idea bro

Username: Yveltal96
What instruments do you play (If none put "none or N/A"): N/A am learning guitar ATM
Why are you joining the club: Because I have always grown up with music, and my dad has always instilled it into me, my favorite genre being heavy metal, hard rock, and alternative
Would you be willing to collaborate: If I can learn to play, sure

Slayr231

Grass Type Trainer
This sounds like a cool club.

Username: Slayr231
What instruments do you play (If none put "none or N/A"): Trumpet, Flugel, French Horn, Mellophone, a little piano, and I can pluck a guitar. XD
Why are you joining the club: I always liked music from when I started in band my 6th grade year.
Would you be willing to collaborate: I would love to, but my internet won't allow me to. Since I live kind of in the country I have to get internet by satellite which means I have limited internet (think cell phone data packages without the unlimited data option). Nothing drains our data faster than uploading videos, so in other words, it's a no.

Mt favorite style of music to play is classical on my french horn and jazz on my trumpet. My favorite styles to listen to are rock, hard rock, and metal. Not any of the death metal stuff, but some Iron Maiden and the like. I've played trumpet for seven years and French Horn for three. These are my main instruments because Flugel is for a few songs in Jazz and Mellophone is a marching french horn for marching and pep band. I always get confused looks when I say I play mellophone because no one knows what it is. I'm only continuing with French Horn into college so Trumpet will be on my own time.

As for the articles idea, I would be up for writing a few, but where would we be posting them? If we post them here we might have to put them in spoilers because some articles might get a little long.

BugPokemonMaster316

Very pleased to see you guys wanting to join the club! Unfortunately, I can't accept you since I'm not the owner. Hopefully T3chNik4 will be on later today to accept you.

As far as the articles go, we could send them to the owner, who would then put it into the first post under a section labeled "Artist of the Week".

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Welcome to my music club Yveltal96 and Slayr231! I will NOW add you the members list.

That's a pretty good idea actually. I'll post something about it in the intro for the club as the "weekly" event along with a "monthly" event of my choice. I've been thinking of some events and have a couple good ideas but the weekly one is a definite. Since it's the start of a new month, how about we start the events now? Keep an eye out for changes in my intro, this could very well turn this into a very active and fun club! Hope to see everybody participate in these events, if you don't you'l be missing out!

Yveltal96

A little more human
Sweet, thanks! I can do something on Avenged Sevenfold if you guys want, they are my favorite band.

Hey TechN9ne-like username guy, I noticed you like heavy metal. Did you get the new Five Finger Death Punch album? I just bought it today, and it is really good, in fact Tech N9ne is featured on one of the songs.

BugPokemonMaster316

I will work on an article for Three Days Grace. They are my absolute favorite band!

I can also do detailed ones on: Green Day, Papa Roach, AC/DC, Linkin Park, Bon Jovi, and Aerosmith to name a few.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I will work on an article for Three Days Grace. They are my absolute favorite band!

I can also do detailed ones on: Green Day, Papa Roach, AC/DC, Linkin Park, Bon Jovi, and Aerosmith to name a few.

Sounds great ^_^ shame Adam Gontier disbanded Three Days Grace :/

I could do some detailed articles on quite a few bands, I have days worth of music on my computer, and I am constantly studying bands and their patterns or members, changes in music style, etc.

BugPokemonMaster316

Sounds great ^_^ shame Adam Gontier disbanded Three Days Grace :/

I could do some detailed articles on quite a few bands, I have days worth of music on my computer, and I am constantly studying bands and their patterns or members, changes in music style, etc.

I know man. I was so sad. I just found out about them last Summer on the radio. I really liked their music, and was stoked when I found out about the new album. I was going to go to a concert in October last year, but my dad couldn't take off of work and my mom was busy so I couldn't go. Then in January when I found out, I was really annoyed. Hopefully he will do a farewell concert with them, but I highly doubt it, after all the things he said happened.

It's a shame. I actually found out he left the day X and Y was revealed.

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Hey TechN9ne-like username guy, I noticed you like heavy metal. Did you get the new Five Finger Death Punch album? I just bought it today, and it is really good, in fact Tech N9ne is featured on one of the songs.
No I haven't actually but I'll check it out! I like Tech N9ne but my name is no way affiliated with the rapper Tech N9ne. It's actually a more complex term from the Latin word "technica" meaning technique. Just made it a little more interesting instead of just Technica.

I will be doing my article on the rap group N.W.A.. I just like the attitude they had and the mark they made in the rap game and gangsta rap in general. They are definitely a legendary group in hip-hop.

I noticed the club was dead for a week or two, we can't have that lol. We need to have constant discussions that's music related to attract attention and keep this club active at the highest peak it can be. Thank you for joining everybody!

Yveltal96

A little more human
I know man. I was so sad. I just found out about them last Summer on the radio. I really liked their music, and was stoked when I found out about the new album. I was going to go to a concert in October last year, but my dad couldn't take off of work and my mom was busy so I couldn't go. Then in January when I found out, I was really annoyed. Hopefully he will do a farewell concert with them, but I highly doubt it, after all the things he said happened.

It's a shame. I actually found out he left the day X and Y was revealed.
Oh really? I found out about that the day of ._. I keep really updated on things going on in the music world.
I don't think he will do a farewell concert, he said he left for health reasons, and I think it is safe to assume, he is having drug trouble. He will be too bust with rehab to deal with a farewell concert. If anything, you might be able to look forward to a reunion once he is out of rehab.