• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music and Musicians Alliance

Week 1 Musician's Article

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
I knew it was a matter of time before Tech collaborated with a metal band knowing his deep inspiration from metal. His lyrics are dark and sinister and are "metal roots". He's original, unique, has good flow, extremely lengthy stamina, lyrical genius, passion, creative, and has outstanding stage performances. I'd be lying if I didn't say he's got the best stage shows and stamina in now or rap history.

He also dropped his newest track with Serj Tankian from System of a Down which is one of his favorite bands and it's amazing.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I knew it was a matter of time before Tech collaborated with a metal band knowing his deep inspiration from metal. His lyrics are dark and sinister and are "metal roots". He's original, unique, has good flow, extremely lengthy stamina, lyrical genius, creative, and has outstanding stage performances. I'd be lying if I didn't say he's got the best stage shows and stamina in now or rap history.

He also dropped his newest track with Serj Tankian from System of a Down which is one of favorite bands and it's amazing.

Yeah, I can respect him for that, he does very well in all of those categories. He only has like one verse in the song though :/ but it's still good.

I know about that song he did with Serj, I thought it was good, and I love Serj. He has been featured in a lot of songs as of late. Not sure if any of you are familiar with the band Disturbed, but the lead singer, David Draiman, created a side project called Device while he takes a hiatus from Disturbed. Well anyways, one of the songs he did featured Serj, and I loved that song, I think David Draiman paired with Serj was perfect. Here's the song if you are interested.

[video=youtube;-gNfgZ5ASS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gNfgZ5ASS0[/video]

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Yeah, I can respect him for that, he does very well in all of those categories. He only has like one verse in the song though :/ but it's still good.

I know about that song he did with Serj, I thought it was good, and I love Serj. He has been featured in a lot of songs as of late. Not sure if any of you are familiar with the band Disturbed, but the lead singer, David Draiman, created a side project called Device while he takes a hiatus from Disturbed. Well anyways, one of the songs he did featured Serj, and I loved that song, I think David Draiman paired with Serj was perfect. Here's the song if you are interested.

[video=youtube;-gNfgZ5ASS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gNfgZ5ASS0[/video]

Tech used to never collaborate with other artists unless they were in his label and now, he's dominating the rap game proving that just because you got millions of dollars doesn't mean you have to talk about it. He stacks the same bills as these major label sell-outs but still keeps it real and that's why I respect him. I seen an interview with him, he said just one rapper on an album is boring and he likes showing his and others talent rapper or not. Serj was a huge accomplishment for him and according to his facebook he's honored to collaborate with Serj which is one of his favorite bands.

I know who Disturbed is and I think their a pretty good band. I used to listen to them a lot and still do every now and then but eh, lost in touch with them a little. One band I can say I listen to all the time is Godsmack. Sully Erna is fantastic and you can tell he's passionate about his music. Godsmacks another band that has great stage performances when it comes to getting involved with the crowd. I'm not sure if their still together tho but I still listen to them a lot.

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Username: Luxvan
What instruments do you play (If none put "none or N/A"): Percussion
Why are you joining the club: Um, hello? Music club? I think the better question is why I WOUDLN'T be willing to join, which would result in me having nothing to say.
Would you be willing to collaborate: It depends on what but I can certainly try.

BugPokemonMaster316

I agree with Yveltal, Shinedown is a great band. I only recently heard them on the radio. The first song I heard was Enemies, but on the radio I couldn't catch what the name of the song was, all I heard was "by Shinedown". So I went on Youtube and finally found the song, after hearing a ton of other great ones. My favorites have to be Sound of Madness, Enemies, and Bully.

The chorus of Sound of Madness is just so powerful and has such a unique and great sound.

BugPokemonMaster316

I don't remember what my first Shinedown song was but I really like them. I'm into that music a lot. I also like bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Seether, Staind, Stone Temple Pilots, Sevendust, Godsmack, System of a Down, and more!

You ever listen to Iron Maiden or Judas Priest? I started listening to them when I was 5.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is a really good song by Iron Maiden.

Especially the chorus of it.

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
You ever listen to Iron Maiden or Judas Priest? I started listening to them when I was 5.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is a really good song by Iron Maiden.

Especially the chorus of it.

I can actually play the song The Trooper on guitar solo and all. Well, I used to not sure if I can anymore lmao! I was never really that big into Judas Priest but I like them as a band. Talking metal. I like Pantera, older Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Black Sabbath and Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, etc. Zeppelin may not be metal now but they were in that time haha.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I agree with Yveltal, Shinedown is a great band. I only recently heard them on the radio. The first song I heard was Enemies, but on the radio I couldn't catch what the name of the song was, all I heard was "by Shinedown". So I went on Youtube and finally found the song, after hearing a ton of other great ones. My favorites have to be Sound of Madness, Enemies, and Bully.

The chorus of Sound of Madness is just so powerful and has such a unique and great sound.
Honestly, the entire Sound of Madness album was very powerful. Probably is one of the best albums ever made.

@TN
I love all the bands you have mentioned so far. My three favorite foreign bands (not N. America) are Seether (South Africa), Sick Puppies (Australia), and Volbeat (Denmark)

Yveltal96

A little more human
How didn't I know Seether was from S. Africa until now?!? Seether is an awesome band.

Seether is great, probably one of the best post-grunge bands around IMO. Not sure if anyone else does, but I think that Rob Zombie is a great post-grunge artist. I just saw him and Five Finger Death Punch at the Rockstar Mayhem festival recently

BugPokemonMaster316

Honestly, the entire Sound of Madness album was very powerful. Probably is one of the best albums ever made.

@TN
I love all the bands you have mentioned so far. My three favorite foreign bands (not N. America) are Seether (South Africa), Sick Puppies (Australia), and Volbeat (Denmark)

My favorite foreign band is AC/DC. They just have so much great music.

The High Voltage album is very good. Though my favorites are T.N.T, For Those About to Rock, and Back in Black.

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Seether is great, probably one of the best post-grunge bands around IMO. Not sure if anyone else does, but I think that Rob Zombie is a great post-grunge artist. I just saw him and Five Finger Death Punch at the Rockstar Mayhem festival recently

I like Rob Zombie and think he's a great musician. What about older grunge bands like Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Nirvana?

Yveltal96

A little more human
My favorite foreign band is AC/DC. They just have so much great music.

The High Voltage album is very good. Though my favorites are T.N.T, For Those About to Rock, and Back in Black.

They are really good, I was just puttin out some foreign bands from Britain, since they are so common (The Beatles, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, etc.)
I really like their album Flick of the Switch. It is a very underrated album, but it's really good. TBH, I don't think that AC/DC has ever made a bad song

I like Rob Zombie and think he's a great musician. What about older grunge bands like Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Nirvana?

Love them all, I have been listening to all of them since I was little

BugPokemonMaster316

They are really good, I was just puttin out some foreign bands from Britain, since they are so common (The Beatles, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, etc.)
I really like their album Flick of the Switch. It is a very underrated album, but it's really good. TBH, I don't think that AC/DC has ever made a bad song

Love them all, I have been listening to all of them since I was little

Yeah, never a bad song. That's the same way I feel about the Scorpions. So many great songs there as well.

The best for me though is "Winds of Change". It just has such meaning to it, and I love it.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I like the Scorpions, but TBH, I never got too into them. Don't get me wrong, they're good, I just don't find them as entertaining as other bands I listen to.

Anyone here a connoisseur of guitar riffs?

BugPokemonMaster316

I like the Scorpions, but TBH, I never got too into them. Don't get me wrong, they're good, I just don't find them as entertaining as other bands I listen to.

Anyone here a connoisseur of guitar riffs?

Fair enough.

No, I'm not. Sorry. I hope to take guitar lessons soon.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Really? I love paying attention to guitar riffs. Five Finger Death Punch is one of those bands, that just has a really strong guitar core. Also, they do have solos, and they are good and not too long and they are in the songs at appropriate times, bringing it right to that peak of the song that most guitarists should be able to do. That was a big problem I found with most metal in the 90s, there weren't enough strong guitar cores, and they couldn't bring you to that edge. Idk, I always found that to be very important.