• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music and Musicians Alliance

Week 1 Musician's Article

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slayr231

Grass Type Trainer
Not a connoisseur of guitar riffs here either. Although I do dabble with guitar, well, I have a dulcimer that I play once in a while. I think it counts as a type of guitar, if not oh well, it has strings that you strum so that's good enough for me.

I'm trying to fit in with this conversation you guys are having, but you guys are talking about bands so specifically that it makes it hard for people like me, who don't really like bands as much as just songs if that makes sense, to join the conversation. XD

BugPokemonMaster316

Hey, I have another idea. How about we also have trivia questions each week as well. Each day, there could be a new one. It could be about a specific artist, song, or instrument.

Anybody interested in it?

Also, some of my favorite riffs are the intro from Hail to The King, the solo in Wild Thing by Sam Kinison, and probably Van Halen's Eruption.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been somewhat busy...
Anyways, a daily trivia would be interesting. Maybe add a point system? No prizes, but it would be pretty cool to have a knowledge tester.

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
Me and Bug Master will come up with a point system sometime in the next week or so. Bug Master is now the new co-leader of the club and he has the authority to give out strikes, accept new members, pretty much everything I can do while I'm gone. Everyone congratulate BugPokemonMaster as the new leader of the club!

As for trivia question, worth 5 points

Trivia question 1: Who was Ozzy Osbourne's (not Black Sabbath) first guitar player, what band was he originally from and what year did he join Ozzy?

BugPokemonMaster316

Randy Rhoads of the band Quiet Riot joined Ozzy in 1980.

I'm almost positive I got the year right.

Also, thank you for promoting me to Co-Owner!

Yveltal96

A little more human
You got 2/3 correct but the year is wrong. I'll give you 4 points but if someone else can guess the year then I'll give them 1 point. 1980's the year Blizzard of Ozz came out.

Blizzard of Ozz came out September 18, 1980. I know way too much about rock music, blame my dad lol.

Also, I just picked up Sick Puppies new album "Connect" today and Queens of the Stone Ages new album "Like Clockwork"
Both are very good albums, and I was actually impressed with how Josh Homme (QOTS lead singer) did even after his exceptionally long hiatus. You can tell that there was a lot of depression when the album was written, but I highly recommend to pick up this album. I am still blown away by their talent

Last edited:

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Blizzard of Ozz came out September 18, 1980. I know way too much about rock music, blame my dad lol.

Also, I just picked up Sick Puppies new album "Connect" today and Queens of the Stone Ages new album "Like Clockwork"
Both are very good albums, and I was actually impressed with how Josh Homme (QOTS lead singer) did even after his exceptionally long hiatus. You can tell that there was a lot of depression when the album was written, but I highly recommend to pick up this album. I am still blown away by their talent
It's funny because I just linked I Appear Missing xD
They played at my city last night, wish I went... my best friend who goes to dozens of concerts a year said it was one of the best ever. But as for the actual album, I agree... A great mix of different sounds that don't sound strange for the band, catchy riffs, rhythms, beats... some awesome songwriting in there.

Yveltal96

A little more human
It's funny because I just linked I Appear Missing xD
They played at my city last night, wish I went... my best friend who goes to dozens of concerts a year said it was one of the best ever. But as for the actual album, I agree... A great mix of different sounds that don't sound strange for the band, catchy riffs, rhythms, beats... some awesome songwriting in there.

QOTS played near you? I loved that album a lot personally. And yes, lots of good songwriting.

Is everybody aware of the daily, weekly, and monthly events? If you're participating in them let me know, especially with the monthly event.
I am going to try to PM you the article tonight, I was really busy today.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Are you still accepting new members? This club sounds kind of interesting, although I am not that fond of band history or am too much into the more popular genres of music. My tastes in music are more quirky and my articles would contain something different, so if that is at all okay, then I would like to join.

Slayr231 said:
I'm trying to fit in with this conversation you guys are having, but you guys are talking about bands so specifically that it makes it hard for people like me, who don't really like bands as much as just songs if that makes sense, to join the conversation. XD

^ Ditto for me.

Username: Kiruria (in case you couldn't tell)
What instruments do you play: Singing and electronic music composition (via software) ; some keyboard
Why are you joining the club: To bring a different perspective into music and share my work with others; to learn about trends in the music world and some tips on composition, recording, etc.
Would you be willing to collaborate: Yes. I'm quite good with mixing music, so I can help put together different song parts by other people into a piece.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
My tastes in music are varied, but fall into three general categories. In all of these, the most important aspect of a song to me is its melody and how the instruments and lyrics and rhythm accentuate it. So you can imagine that rap (and especially spoken word) is my least favourite music genre, because in most cases it eliminates the melody aspect altogether and just has rhymes and rhythm (which is interesting on its own, but just not my thing).

Techno/Dance - My favourite genre of this category is Bubblegum Dance, for its interesting melodies and cute lyrics to match. And also Eurobeat, for the same reason except more energetic and less cute. I really like music that's light-hearted and uplifting, so trance and techno and other dance songs that also evoke these feelings fall into this category as well.
Example Artists: Aqua, Toy Box, Bambee, Smile.dk (Bubblegum Dance); Alice Deejay, Darude, Nightcore, ATC, Groove Coverage (other)

New Age/Folk - Here, I like songs that have a relaxing yet mystical feel to them, ones that either are about deep spiritual topics or about the traditions of old. In this category, I lean far towards the side of Celtic music, for it does an especially good job of all of this. With me being really interested in Celtic mythology and tradition and also Paganism, it interests me even further. Though some songs outside of this category appeal to me as well.
Example Artists: Secret Garden, Blackmore's Night, Celtic Woman, Enya, Yanni, Loreena McKennitt, Tempest

Metal - I'm really picky when it comes to this genre. Here, my tastes are mostly in power metal and symphonic metal--again, taking into fact that melody is important. I'm not too fond of death growls or whatever they're called at all, though I can tolerate them to some extent if the artist uses them well. As with the new age/folk category, songs with a mystical nature really appear to me here, as well as songs that are fast-paced yet not ear-splitting, or more mellow yet dark and beautiful. Interestingly, a lot of the bands I like dabble in new age/folk songs as well.
Example Artists: Dragonforce, Rhapsody of Fire, Dark Moor (power); Nightwish, Within Temptation, Leaves' Eyes (symphonic)

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

I'm not into the first two genres you listed, but I do like some metal.

My favorites though are the older metal bands, such as Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Ozzy Osbourne.

BugPokemonMaster316

I love to sing. I just wish I could play the guitar. If I could, I'd do a nice cover of "Never Too Late" and post it here.

I was going to do one, because my friend can play it on the guitar and my other friend on the drums. However, they said that they didn't want to because it "wasn't what real bands do."
I mean I just wanted to do it to see how it sounded, see if I was singer material.