1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Music Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Ashton Ketchum, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

Personally, I hope - this evolution touch also one of the important part of this games - music. For 8 generation, i think - It's time for going on new level - with Rock'N'Roll! And have inspiration from this (and style for this generation).
    I know, i know. This game is awful. But music is great! [​IMG] Each version of game can have personal music style, and personal vocal song for credits (especially, if credits, like in S/M/US/UM, be long for 10-15 minutes. They need 3-4 songs. And one of this - Poke Rap :) ). And international, and Japanese versions of games should have personal songs. There example for inspiration...
    International version;
    Version 1
    Version 2
    Song for both versions/one of two (final in credits)
    Japanese version:
    Version 1
    Version 2
    Song for both versions/one of two (final in credits)
    There also my ideas for spiritual inspiration in next generations:
    Gen 9:
    English
    Japanese
    And Japanese for 10 gen
    There is mine ideas about music. And yours?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

GameFreak. If your ever hiring for the Diamond and Pearl remakes, HIRE THIS GUY. Personally I think his Pokemon Remix's are some of the best I've ever heard. Turn the volume up high and you can hear the beat within the beat within the beat.

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Sinnoh Trainer Battle Theme Remix (Unofficial)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  3. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I'm not the biggest fan of having different songs for the Japanese and International versions.
    There's other ways to do that with vocal songs:
    1)Have the Japanese song be sung in English, isn't that pretty popular in Japan anyway?
    2)Have the Japanese artist(s) record a version with English lyrics.
    3)Just keep the Japanese lyrics, I think people can deal with hearing another language.

Mr. Oshawott and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  4. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

I want whoever did the soundtrack to TWEWY for this game. OMG!

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  5. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

I think that now it's very likely the game will be set in Kanto so I expect remixes of every theme in RBY. I'd like to see a more modern feel to them since their last game on the GBA.

6. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

Well, because future games is remake/spin offs, about my ideas will have to forget. At least, for now.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I expect decent remixes of the Kanto themes given what we know about Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee thus far, although no matter who's involved in composing the remixes, I doubt they'll top the LG/FR versions.

8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I've got to say, the new version of trainer battle theme we heard at E3 was marvelous. Reminded me of when I went to the Pokémon Symphonic Evolution concert. Not quite at that level, but it's wonderful to finally have orchestrated music in a main series Pokémon game.

The other themes were good too, but the trainer battle stood out the most to me. Disappointed that they stopped literally right before Brock. Would have loved to hear the Gym Leader theme.

9. Mega Altaria

Maybe we'll get to hear more themes as Nintendo or the Pokémon Company releases trailers from now to November and hopefully in a potential Gym Leader showcase trailer we get to hear the Gym Leader battle theme.

10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Some Kanto remixes confirmed in the recent play through:

The wild theme is different (more like a standard offkey substitute) though cases like Viridian Forest and the trainer battle theme seem to be Gen 1 remixes. They even sound a bit like the anime remixes in instrumentation.

11. Mega Altaria

I guess the reason the Wild Pokémon battle theme was replaced was to reflect on the replacement of the traditional wild battle encounters with GO-style encounters. The music for these wild encounters are definitely unheard previously and was never even in Pokémon GO.

12. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

It might have worked better if they didn't just replace it with a slightly offkey counterpart like they did half the gen wild themes. You kinda wonder what was the point since it's just the same tune, only it isn't.

13. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

You can hear the short, but high quality version(s) of Viridian Forest, Wild Battle and Trainer Battle. In love with the orchestral theme.

14. Mega Altaria

I only just found that battle theme to be weird. Game Freak could just use the GO wild Pokémon theme and it will feel better because of familiarity.

15. Ambyssin

Ambyssin Definitely a winter

From what I could hear, the orchestral style sounds much better here than it did in Gens VI & VII. No idea if Game Freak is finally giving us full orchestrations, but there's at least a noticeable quality jump.

16. Mega Altaria

So it seems we now have the title screen theme, Pallet Town theme, Route 1 theme and the Gym theme. They all sound nice and capture their context quite well. I like what they have so far except for the Wild Pokémon theme.

17. hkgary

hkgary Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Mr. Oshawott likes this.
  18. Mega Altaria

The Viridian City theme is a nice theme but I don't think the orchestral feel of the music fits the nature of the city. Considering it at least has more people than Pallet Town, I think it should sound a bit more upbeat.

19. Wulava

Wulava Let's Go! Staff Member Moderator

No wonder the musical style seemed familiar. It was Kageyama all along.
    I didn't think he'd be working with Game Freak again after leaving the company. His last work was XY and USUM.

I was half expecting the music to follow the FRLG arrangements. But it's really nice to hear new versions.

20. hkgary

hkgary Member

I think this is reasonable to request Kageyama as freelance to help arranging the music for this core series remake.

1st point - he know what music style Game Freak needed in the core series
    2nd point - As Gen 8 will release in next year, I think Game Freak need all music team focus on this. Then Kageyama will be the best 3rd party musican to this role on helping Let's Go