1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Music in Anime

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Steampunk, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Chrosion

Chrosion #1 waifu

I love the SAO openings and the one for Air. I didn't really like the second opening for Death Note at all. :/ I get that it's heavy metal and all but it was kinda badly done imo and messy

2. Tsumiki

Tsumiki Tsun Tsun~

I absolutely adore the Guilty Crown soundtrack. While the show itself was subpar as far as plot and characters go you have to admit that it's production values were off the chart.

There's also the Little Busters! Soundtrack which has the perfect blend of lighthearted tracks and more emotional pieces. Having vocal versions of the more memorable pieces of the OST certainly helps.

And then just about everything done by Yuki Kajiura. Fate/Zero was mentioned previously, but her works in other shows like Madoka Magica and Sword Art Online also deserve praise.

3. Kiniest

Kiniest Member

The only ones that have really been on my mind recently are the School Food Punishment songs (imagine the word "innovation" as a musical entity), and the Little Busters OST. Can't really think of much else. I suppose Sidonia no Kishi's OP has also been on and off.

Edit: Hyouri Itai and Wareta Ringo have also been around.

4. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Well-Known Member

I love listening to anime music; it's great.

Just to name a few.... Rurouni Kenshin, FMAB, Kill la Kill, and Gurren Lagann all have amazing soundtracks.

5. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

I loved all the openings and endings to Code Geass, as well as the music in the actual anime scenes. Adding to that, the Ghibli soundtracks/scores are great and I love the music from Angel Beats! too.

6. Pyrax

Pyrax Outlaws for Life

I quite like Chihayafuru and Katanagatari's osts. In particular, Chihayafuru's OST is my overall favourite; just to give an example, here are its OP and ED in both seasons. Of course, there are some tracks that also piqued my interest, such as Wabito.

7. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

Bubblegum Crisis, Riding Bean, Project A-ko and Kimagure Orange Road all have wonderful 80s-tastic soundtracks.

Especially Riding Bean's Road Buster. It's sung by the guy who did the Goof Troop theme song. And he's also apparently a legit soul singer too.

8. Keysmash

Keysmash buys meat

I tend to not pay attention to / like most anime soundtrack. As of late, though, I've been trying to listen more closely. I love Studio Ghibli's soundtracks (they are a large part of the mood, after all) and Kill La Kill's is alright as well. DRRR!! isn't bad either.