• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music in Anime

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Here, we can discuss music tracks in anime. Which ones are your favorites? Which ones did you hate? Which anime had the most tracks that you liked?

Well, I personally am in love with the entire Cyborg 009 (2001) OST. I also seem to be listening to Brilliant Road (Opening from Stellvia) a lot. And of course the Song of Sorrow from Grave of the Fireflies.

What about you guys?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The soundtracks I personally enjoy are from CLANNAD and Vision of Escaflowne, though a close-second for Key works is AIR--a little ironic since I didn't like the anime (except the movie), but I love the soundtrack. I'm just that much of a sucker for violin and piano.

I actually have the soundtrack that came with Escaflowne: The Movie Ultimate Edition DVD, and I really love it. Took me about a decade before I finally saw the television series, and because just about the entire soundtrack is on YouTube, I fell even more in love with it, and Yoko Kanno has since then become one of my favorite composers. I always have this belief that if she and Jun Maeda collaborated a soundtrack together, we'd all get dehydrated, if our heads don't explode from the awesomeness first.

I also have the My Neighbor Totoro soundtrack, and it's a joy to listen to. A lot of Studio Ghibli music is really beautiful, but Joe Hisaishi gives more memorable pieces, and it adds magic to the soundtrack no matter how upbeat or depressing it is.

Fairy Tail, Naruto, Digimon (dub and sub), Pokemon anime are my favorite anime sound tracks.

There really isn't any series's music I hate.

Vernikova

Champion
Vision of Escaflowne

Yes, Escaflowne is great.

Instead of mentioning the usual, I'll say that Black Rock Shooter's OVA and series has some enjoyable music. I particularly like the sad tracks that came out of it.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Kill la Kill has a good soundtrack. And then there is Blumenkranz

One Piece and Hunter x Hunter(2011) are also good. And FMA:B

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
for me it will probably angel beats and hayate no gotoku
fma brotherhood is also had good opening and ending songs

anime songs that i hate, hmmm nothing as of now

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
the pokemon anime soundtracks are pretty good. i've enjoyed listening to the Unova and Kalos region songs in the games and trying to connect which moments are tied to which songs. A classic like Sailor Moon has always been a favorite of mine, just the different feel and sounds really makes my day ;)

I also seem to be listening to Brilliant Road (Opening from Stellvia) a lot.?

YEESSS!
K-ON!, Shugo Chara and Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Stellvia and Senran Kagura all have amazing OST's.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a really good soundtrack. As does Guilty Crown (Soundtrack+animation is what made it stand out imo) and Blue Exorcist. I know this is a movie but Spirited Away has a great score too.

isabelmagnolia

Agent Virginia
Shingeki no Kyojin, most definitely. The second opening, Jiyuu no Tsubsa (The Wings of Freedom) and the first ending, Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai (A Cruel and Beautiful World) are two of my favorites.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
.hack//SIGN's OST definitely, it basically defined its world through its music. More so than the drawings did.
Gundam SEED has some of the most epic soundtracks I've ever heard in an anime.
I love most of the One Piece opening themes. Makes you happy just listening to them.
Pokémon anime OST is great too. Hearing the game's tunes in full glory is awesome.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<