1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by dirkac, Nov 8, 2012.

1. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

In this thread, you can discuss what music and sounds do not feel fit for the occasion or time, one example I can give being the BW Rival music, wehich did not fit for either Bianca or Cheren.

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Well, I think Bianca and Cheren's them fitted perfectly. There is a 'childish' feeling that fits with their battles, since they are childhood friends of the protagonist.

On other hand, I think Barry's theme didn't fit at all. It is just too 'derpy'
    I love Alder's battle theme, but I don't think it fits with a champion... It fits perfectly with Benga, though. >_>

But you wanna really know what track does not fit in any occasion? The bike riding themes. Grrr, how I hate when the awesome music of a certain route/city/town changes to the crappy bike theme .__.

3. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

I actually think the BW Rival theme fits Bianca, but not Cheren.

That's pretty much the only theme I don't like - GF should have given Cheren his own theme that suits him more.

The one in G/S/C/HG/SS is obviously the remix of Goldenrod's theme. Which means they are basically the "same" music.

So using a bike in Goldenrod still lets you hear the awesome music.....

Just want to mention that :p

4. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

The bike music was horrible, in all of them :p I wish they could've made remixes particular to what area you're in. The bike music is probably the reason I've yet to use the Bike in BW

5. Honeyichigo

Honeyichigo The manliest

Considering that he's totally derpy, I'd say it fits him. :p

6. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

Uxie, Azelf and Mespirit's battle theme.

They need something more epic than that high pitched kiddy tune.

7. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 Well-Known Member

in all honesty I turn the sound off. For some reason it does not appeal to me. As the consoles and games change I would like to see more FF style music come into play

B

8. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

I personally think that Barry's theme matches him perfectly. It's so bright and cheerful and childish =D

I don't mind the Bike themes, to be honest, but then again, I like most soundtracks in Pokémon.

9. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

I like them all, of course nothing can beat the original ones. dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun

10. Nyarlathotep

It doesn't help that Goldenrod's theme is one of my least favorite on these games. xD

lol, you are right. ^^

Oh noes, now we have genwunners about the music in the games too.

11. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

The surfing music in DPPt had a different feel to it than the other surfing themes, IMO. Coupled with the ridiculously slow speed of surfing before Platinum, the theme wasn't really my cup of tea.

Actually, now that I think about it, many of Sinnoh's towns and cities really didn't have fitting themes. Twinleaf, Jubilife, etc.

12. AbFabTrainerKira

AbFabTrainerKira hOnK :o)

This is a minor nitpick, but the Ferris Wheel theme playing while you're on it with N in Black2/White2. I was honestly expecting the new-and-improved version of N's theme, since his original theme played when you were on the Ferris Wheel with him in the first game. Eh. Minor nitpick, like I said.

13. Nyarlathotep

I think most of them fitted perfectly. I love the cities and towns themes from Sinnoh. x) On other hand... There are some pretty bad ones from Unova, like Nimbasa and Driftveil...
    But with themes like the ones from Castelia, Aspertia and Humilau, I can't say the games had a bad soundtrack.

14. Aegon

Aegon _

The only tracks I really dislike are Alder's battle theme and the bike themes. I quite like a particular remix of the BW bike theme, though; I think it's just the intro of the official track that frustrates me. I'm not overly fond of Nimbasa City's, either.

15. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

I guess I should mention that Sinnoh's soundtrack is my least favorite overall. A lot of the themes were a little too slow-paced for my taste. But I will say that Cynthia's battle theme perfectly fit my idea of what a champion theme should sound like.

I'm not a huge fan either, but I think it does fit the city itself.

16. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

Oh, another theme that comes to mind is Drayden's gym in BW2.
    It's WAY too overly dramatic.

17. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I think it's just a testament to Drayden's awesomeness. The man does 10,000 of each push-ups, sit-ups, and squats regularly, AND he wrestles with his dragons.

Not only that, but the theme suits the "majesty" of the Dragon-type.

18. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I really don't like Nimbasa or Driftveil's themes, though Nimbasa's theme does fit the city itself IMO. B2W2 had the best sound track in Pokemon to me, too.

19. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Rival theme in BW2, it literally sounds weird. Team Plasma too. Sounds like some weird fart noises like ye just want to beat them up quick to just avoid the music, nya~

20. General Nonsense

General Nonsense Star Glider

I REALLY don't like Alder's battle music. It just didn't sound like champion music. Music in a game is very important to me. I like the music to convince me that it is going to be a difficult battle. Or make it feel awesome battling. Cynthia's battle music did both of these. Alder's music did neither. Actually, listening to it right now, I can hardly take any battle seriously that has music like this....