• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Driftveil City's music sounds Egyptian or something, and doesn't really fit the area.
I actually really like Drifveil's theme. It was really a surprise to me when I first went to the area since it was so great to listen to.

Eterna City's music doesn't fit the area.
I believe it is a remix of the Agate village theme in Pokemon Colosseum/XD. For some odd reason, it has a miner 49er sort of ring to it.

Personally, I didn't think that the music in Castelia Sewers really fit. The song is rather technical, yet the sewers are just... well, pipes and water.

Alder's theme in Black and White is also a little strange. It's different from all the other Champion themes, and a such, I dislike it.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Didn't like Alder's theme. But, for so out-of-place it is,
Iris'
theme in B2W2 works pretty well.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I believe it is a remix of the Agate village theme in Pokemon Colosseum/XD. For some odd reason, it has a miner 49er sort of ring to it.

Cool story bro. It still doesn't fit Eterna City. That tune is better for more rustic towns like Celestic Town, but not a bustling metropolis like Eterna City.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Cool story bro. It still doesn't fit Eterna City. That tune is better for more rustic towns like Celestic Town, but not a bustling metropolis like Eterna City.
It fit pretty well with Agate Village, a quiet place with lots of overgrowth. Listen.

Eterna City is relatively quiet with a Grass type Gym Leader. I think a more symphonic and orchestrated version would have done it better though.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
When I battled the roaming Cresselia in Platinum, I didn't understand why it was just the ordinary battle-song...it should of had a legendary theme to it.

Watchog

Lv. 50
Lentimas town music and the town itself, I mean its cool and all, But mexico doesn't fit pokemon and i hate mexico.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
What's wrong with P! O! K! E! M! O-N! POKEMON? I thought it was catchy. As was Elesa's Gym music in B2W2. (♪Are you ready. *Moans* Gimmie what I neeeeeeee-e-e-eed!♪)
I love both of those theme <3 I don't like Dogars coz it sounds like ...something weird.
I don't care for the "Your HP is low" music. >_> I can see my HP is low, you don't have to change the song to annoying beeping to tell me that.
I actually like it coz mixing that low HP from the older games with the battle music just doesn't fit.
I love both of those themes, they're so unique and awesome. Your Rival and Team Rocket in HGSS, on the other hand... actually pretty much every soundtrack in HGSS didn't really fit in, except for Goldenrod City and National Park.
I actually LOVE every single music in HGSS.
True but it's the enemy team and your rival, your supposed to hate them. (At least you used to, I miss Blue, Silver and Team Rocket...)
Yeah I know, well yeah, not the older ones, that is.
Another complaint I have is about the HG/SS Goldenrod theme, but that may just be because I wanted a proper remix of the original...
So ye like the original G/S/C one? i like it too, also the bike. That's why its pretty cool having GB sounds in HGSS, nya~

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Marlons gym theme in B2W2.
I love the music, and it's cute but.. it does not fit as the theme for the last gym.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Maybe not "quiet" per se, but it is described as an old city according to it's map description.

map description: fetched from bulbapedia said:
An old city that shows fading and almost-forgotten vestiges of ancient history.

I don't think a relatively laid back tune is inappropriate for that city.

Well, I think Bianca and Cheren's them fitted perfectly. There is a 'childish' feeling that fits with their battles, since they are childhood friends of the protagonist.

That theme fitted them perfectly

On other hand, I think Barry's theme didn't fit at all. It is just too 'derpy'
I love Alder's battle theme, but I don't think it fits with a champion... It fits perfectly with Benga, though. >_>
Okay, true

But you wanna really know what track does not fit in any occasion? The bike riding themes. Grrr, how I hate when the awesome music of a certain route/city/town changes to the crappy bike theme .__.
Agree with this 100 percent.