• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
The Rivals in BW1 and Alders them ~_~ The Rivals was too childish and not really getting me excited to battle them so >: and Alders.. it just seemed like I was battling someone else instead of Champion.. like after him The Champion came next, but we all know he is >.> OMG D:

Durbe

I'm tired
Cheren's and Bianca's battle theme in B/W. Specifically more towards Cheren, they should have went for another cooler sounding theme for him.
Another is Iris' theme, while it does suit the character, I found it unfitting for a Champion theme.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
The Rivals in BW1 and Alders them ~_~ The Rivals was too childish and not really getting me excited to battle them so >: and Alders.. it just seemed like I was battling someone else instead of Champion.. like after him The Champion came next, but we all know he is >.> OMG D:

Both sound awesome. Alder's theme didn't need to sound ~badass~ as the others, because he wasn't the final boss of the game (Ghetsis was).
Bianca and Cheren's theme fit totally the characters, unlike the previous rival themes.

Haters gonna hate.

Regarding Unova music, I think the Gym Leader battle theme is pretty bad compared to Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto one... Specially Sinnoh's theme, which I consider the best in the series.

Rhys

The music in Pokemon is usually pretty good, I guess when the music doesn't change to fit the tone during tense events could be one.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Regarding Unova music, I think the Gym Leader battle theme is pretty bad compared to Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto one... Specially Sinnoh's theme, which I consider the best in the series.

Really? I think it's the best one yet. I'd rate them like this:

Unova > GSCHGSS Kanto > RBYFRLG Kanto > Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Arceus' battle theme. It does not seem fit to be the battle music of the God of Pokemon..

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
The music in Pokemon is usually pretty good, I guess when the music doesn't change to fit the tone during tense events could be one.

I agree, I think sometimes it just comes down to laziness, instead of adding different music in some situations they just hope the background music will pass.
Also I was upset that Colress, when you battle him the first few times, got just a regular battle theme and not his battle theme.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Forgot to mention before, but a lot of the music in FRLG didn't seem to fit - some of those remixes (the Trainer battle theme comes to mind) went way overboard. The only piece I really liked from those games that I can remember was the S.S. Anne's theme, because I'm a sucker for anything in the key of Db Major. XD

Oh, and Sinnoh's Trainer battle theme annoyed the heck out of me. It starts off fine, but towards the end of the tune... really, six bars of the same five notes, followed by another six bars of those five notes, only an octave higher? Come on, you'd think they could have come up with something that wasn't so repetitive.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Forgot to mention before, but a lot of the music in FRLG didn't seem to fit - some of those remixes (the Trainer battle theme comes to mind) went way overboard. The only piece I really liked from those games that I can remember was the S.S. Anne's theme, because I'm a sucker for anything in the key of Db Major. XD

I also didn't like the change in tone for most of the FRLG music.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

yep.
and i disliked the gym theme...i thought i could have been better.

725roy

ambivolent
Speaking of FRLG, the victory road music was the generic mountain music, not the intimidating music we've come to expect.nother ones that just seem off to me include: Undella Town (except Summer), the Hoenn biking theme, and I think the route 209 theme near Pastoria City.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Why do people not like the Unova Gym theme? That's one of the best themes in the game, and much better than many of the other gym themes.

You're not alone there. I totally love the Unova gym theme. It seems to me that it strikes a balance of intensity you should feel when fighting a gym leader.

Now one that doesn't seem to fit in my opinion is Shoal Cave in Hoenn. It has a nearly ominous tone, which fits in other places like Mt. Pyre, but in a cave that's known for simply changing tides and catching Spheal, the theme doesn't seem to fit.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I've almost allways believed that all of themes fit in someway shape or form...So its hard and maybe impossible for me to really think of one that didn't fit. lol
About sinnoh... Ever notice that besides route 209 and rowan's lab theme...most route theme's were Jazz like (even the game corner)? I originally didn't care for most of sinnoh's route themes... then i acutually sat down for more then two seconds after the gen switch and found out I really missed the peaceful yet happy feeling most of them tended to give me. D:

I like ALL of the gym battle themes (they are all fun to listen to, and they're NOT not catchy)...but I beleive sinnoh's was the worst, followed by Unova. (Unova only wins cause of that DAMN final pokemon music. Thats still awesome.), then kanto's, then hoenn's, then johto's is my first favorite. but that's all remixed up when it comes to the remixs. HGSS's johto gym battle theme was my fav, and still kinda is, but the orginal in 8 bit never appealed to me...lol I'd put the 8 bit original version of the johto gym theme WAAAAAAAAY in the back. lol

Alder's is the only champion theme that was sort of meh to me. lol I just... didn't like it. I mean, its not bad to listen to...but Gary's felt like he thought he was the best of the best, Lance's/Red was also pretty epic in it's own right, Hoenn had that AMAZING drum line which I can never enjoy unless I'm wearing headphones, All of cynthia's versions are really cool. the first two being mystic...and the world tournament one having that guitar replacing some strings or something...GOD I love that guitar...<3...
Even Iris's has a good feel to it...and I liked the change to be honest...Alder's theme just kinda died on me. Which is funny considering he's one of my favorite characters D:...(I will totally end up being like him when i'm older. XD)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Pokemon XD/Colossuem have a few instances of this, imo. For the most part music fits (The Under, Agate, Miror B's, etc), but then you have the likes of the Shadow Lab in both games, which is a location where pokemon is made into shadow Pokemon (implied to be via torture). The music? Upbeat as all heck with its piano solo! A good song imo, just... not right for the location.

And then XD wild Pokemon battles has something more fitting of an old wild west film scene or something than a wild Pokemon battle theme. =/ Again not a bad tune, but it feels weird.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Marlon's Gym.

I know, right? Ain't no one got time for that mess.

I don't like Burgh's Gym's theme either. I listened to it many times hoping that it would finally click with me, but it seems so out of place since I've always thought of Burgh as this really artsy kind of guy who's all over the place because his brain is brimming with ideas, yet his Gym's theme in B2/W2 was just boring to be quite honest. It doesn't suit Burgh.