• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

President People

Eat The Path
The HG/SS Goldenrod City theme feels too quiet compared to the old one. That city was probably my favorite in classic Silver, especially at night; it felt so full of activity.

I think they should have at least made a "night" version of the song in HG/SS that was truer to the original theme. That, and kept the lights on in the buildings. :(

I also preferred the dungeon theme for the underground path beneath the city. But the HG/SS version wouldn't really fit there anymore, I guess. Then again, a night version of the song might work as well.

Of course, the atmosphere between the generations is changed, so maybe a night theme wouldn't fit anyway. Guess I'm just a "Genwunner" (wut). :p

The HG/SS Goldenrod City theme feels too quiet compared to the old one. That city was probably my favorite in classic Silver, especially at night; it felt so full of activity.

I think they should have at least made a "night" version of the song in HG/SS that was truer to the original theme. That, and kept the lights on in the buildings. :(

I also preferred the dungeon theme for the underground path beneath the city. But the HG/SS version wouldn't really fit there anymore, I guess. Then again, a night version of the song might work as well.

Of course, the atmosphere between the generations is changed, so maybe a night theme wouldn't fit anyway. Guess I'm just a "Genwunner" (wut). :p

Nah, you're not a Genwunner. If you were, you'd be using all caps to claim that "OMG TEH NEW MUSIC IS HORRIBLE THE REMAKES RAPED MY CHILDHOOD POKEMANZ IS RUINED FOREVAR HURR DURR DURR!!!!1!!ONE!!!11!!ELEVEN!!!!" But you aren't, so you're just another fan with legitimate nitpicks ^^

That being said, I also have a music complaint. While the Hoenn Gym Leader remix in Black2/White2 is awesome beyond words and an excellent nostalgia trip, there is one nitpick I have about it: the lack of trumpets. Those were part of the original theme (and part of what made it so memorable), so why did they take em out? Did they need room for the synthesizers or something? What gives?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't like Burgh's Gym's theme either. I listened to it many times hoping that it would finally click with me, but it seems so out of place since I've always thought of Burgh as this really artsy kind of guy who's all over the place because his brain is brimming with ideas, yet his Gym's theme in B2/W2 was just boring to be quite honest. It doesn't suit Burgh.

Burgh's gym theme sounds more fitting for an Ice type gym leader.

Agreed. I do think HGSS' version of Goldenrod was fitting, but I didn't like it. It was a lot more whimsical than I was expecting.

That being said, I also have a music complaint. While the Hoenn Gym Leader remix in Black2/White2 is awesome beyond words and an excellent nostalgia trip, there is one nitpick I have about it: the lack of trumpets. Those were part of the original theme (and part of what made it so memorable), so why did they take em out? Did they need room for the synthesizers or something? What gives?

3rd gen's overuse of trumpets really annoyed me. I'm glade they're gone for the most part.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Nah, you're not a Genwunner. If you were, you'd be using all caps to claim that "OMG TEH NEW MUSIC IS HORRIBLE THE REMAKES RAPED MY CHILDHOOD POKEMANZ IS RUINED FOREVAR HURR DURR DURR!!!!1!!ONE!!!11!!ELEVEN!!!!" But you aren't, so you're just another fan with legitimate nitpicks ^^

I thought the Hoenn theme was fine as it was, but now that you mention it I guess the trumpets would have been nice :3

Quils

Strange Creature
That sad theme that plays during flashbacks once you do the Memory Link in B2W2. It does fit for some of these scenes, but for the others is just weird (like when they talk about bones...)

Flame Mistress

That sad theme that plays during flashbacks once you do the Memory Link in B2W2. It does fit for some of these scenes, but for the others is just weird (like when they talk about bones...)

I glad I'm not the only one who thought that, too.

*sad tune plays* Every bone... is a special bone...

Blockmaster

Beep-Boop!
I think Dark Cave in HGSS Should've had a seperate theme from Ice Path. Also, some of your opinions are driving insane but, oh well opinions opinions.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I think Dark Cave in HGSS Should've had a seperate theme from Ice Path. Also, some of your opinions are driving insane but, oh well opinions opinions.

This would have been so much better, a Dark kind of theme, it's a dangerous cave, so some kind of happy danger? (Happy with hints of d anger hidden in it, because it's entered so early in the game)

I thought that Wally having the normal battle music was boring, some kind of sparkly Iris like music would have been fitting.

Also, I thought that BW's Elite 4 Theme was... Both not enough E4 and too good for the Elite 4, considering how laughably easy they all were (except Shauntal).

Wouldn't anyone else like seperae Battle Music for all Gym Leaders and E4?

-Nator-

Forget that, Mt. Silver should've had a separate theme from Olivine's Lighthouse. It is the final area of the game, after all.
I've always held this belief with the originals, too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Forget that, Mt. Silver should've had a separate theme from Olivine's Lighthouse. It is the final area of the game, after all.
I've always held this belief with the originals, too.

Now this I agree with. The Olivine Lighthouse theme isn't very fitting for a final dungeon.

Blockmaster

Beep-Boop!
This would have been so much better, a Dark kind of theme, it's a dangerous cave, so some kind of happy danger? (Happy with hints of d anger hidden in it, because it's entered so early in the game)

I thought that Wally having the normal battle music was boring, some kind of sparkly Iris like music would have been fitting.

Also, I thought that BW's Elite 4 Theme was... Both not enough E4 and too good for the Elite 4, considering how laughably easy they all were (except Shauntal).

Wouldn't anyone else like seperae Battle Music for all Gym Leaders and E4?

Seperate battle themes for every gym learder and e4 sounds too overkill for me, and what do you mean about Wallace's theme? Did he have the default trainer theme in emerald? Or was it steven's theme? Neither of those fit, so...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Seperate battle themes for every gym learder and e4 sounds too overkill for me, and what do you mean about Wallace's theme? Did he have the default trainer theme in emerald? Or was it steven's theme? Neither of those fit, so...

He's talking about Wally, the sickly kid that you end up helping a couple of times in RSE, and eventually ends up a rival to you and ambushes you at the end of Victory Road.

Hydreigon6507

Alder's battle theme. I giggled as soon as I heard it.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe if it's like the gym themes where they each have their own variation for the same tune, but aside from that, it'd be a bit much.

Yeah, that's what I meant, seperate would be overkill.

Oh, that does make more sense. Well, nobody liked him anyways ha

-_- You're one of "them" huh?

Don't say nobody likes him just because you don't, there are plenty of people who like him.

Anyway, I thought the BW theme was idiotic IMO, didn't fit a gym leader at all,