• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
3rd gen's overuse of trumpets really annoyed me. I'm glade they're gone for the most part.

You want to complain about the overuse of trumpets? Try playing any Touhou game. Er-hem, back on topic, I do have to agree with you there, and it was probably part of the reason I found most of the R/S/E battle themes rather bland...

Anyway, the 5th gen games have some really great music, which ends up being very fitting for many areas. However, there is one area that stands out to me in awkward music selection: the Desert Resort, in which plays the same music as Wellspring/Chargestone Cave. The music is fitting for a cave, but a desert? That always struck me as kind of weird. Made me wish they had incorporated a more desert-sounding theme, like the one from R/S/E for instance. They could've done a similar thing to Route 4 as well.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Anyway, the 5th gen games have some really great music, which ends up being very fitting for many areas. However, there is one area that stands out to me in awkward music selection: the Desert Resort, in which plays the same music as Wellspring/Chargestone Cave. The music is fitting for a cave, but a desert? That always struck me as kind of weird. Made me wish they had incorporated a more desert-sounding theme, like the one from R/S/E for instance. They could've done a similar thing to Route 4 as well.

Oh God yes. I always tend to block that one out of my memory. They definitely should've done something different, or at least used the Rt. 4 theme.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Roxie's "music" is just extremely off IMO. She's just like saying alphabets... weird :/

Iris's music. I mean, I know she's a kid and all. But THAT just seems a tad bit too kiddish. She's a champion for goodness sake =/ I mean... Cynthia's music is so epic and a generation later... =_=

Hoenn isn't off the hook either. For some reason, I find Hoenn's surfing theme most irritating and kinda unfitting... >< Maybe it's because some much time must be spent on water that it's annoying. I find it a bit off because well... it just doesn't fit my taste for one way or another

tyranitarenthusiast

i think that the Reversal mountain soundtrack in BW2 didn't fit. It sounded like some sort of jazz elevator music, definitely not intense enough for a volcano.

I liked how they tweaked the Driftveil soundtrack in BW2. The slightly changed music reflects on how the town has changed since the last game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
i think that the Reversal mountain soundtrack in BW2 didn't fit. It sounded like some sort of jazz elevator music, definitely not intense enough for a volcano.

Keep in mind that Black 2 and White 2 have different variations of the theme. I think White 2's kinda fits, but Black 2's doesn't. But then again, Reversal Mountain itself doesn't feel much like a volcano in Black 2 anyway.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
However, there is one area that stands out to me in awkward music selection: the Desert Resort, in which plays the same music as Wellspring/Chargestone Cave. The music is fitting for a cave, but a desert? That always struck me as kind of weird.

Really? I felt that the Desert Resort's theme sort of fit in with the sandstorm sound effect added on to the overworld. It gave it much more of a rustic feel to the environment. Just my opinion.

I felt that Driftveil's theme was a bit misplaced. It sounds a bit oriental rather than an urban area.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
The background music in Pokestar Studios is very unfitting for some of the movies. We're playing with a little robot and eerie music is in the background. We're testing with a decoy of a UFO and dramatic dangerous music is playing. We're escaping from an evil witch and fighting evil doors while happy cheery music is in the background.