• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Music Loop error on Route 113?

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I've had two copies of Pokemon Emerald in my life (the first one gone now...), and while playing my second copy, I notice that sometimes, there is an error in the looping music on Route 113 (the route with the ashy grass).I'm not sure how to explain it, or if I'm even naming the instrument correctly, but that really loud trumpet noise it makes in the music, it occasionally makes it once more than it should. For example...

*music* DUN-DUN... *music continues*

But in my cartridge: *music* DUN-DUN...DUN-DUN... *music continues*

I've never once had this happen in my original copy of Emerald, and I'm not really sure what it means. I'm absolutely sure my cartridge is real, however, the previous owner did cheat on the cartridge. If I need to upload a video to explain better, I can do that.
As far as I remember, it's never happened on my copy of Ruby either.

Kalosian

So long
This has happened to me as well, can't remember which of the games though. It was exactly the same situation, same Route and same error in the music. Not sure what caused it, and it was on a legit retail cart without any cheats involved. Guess it is just a glitch in the games which happen sometimes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I noticed that a long time ago in Ruby/Sapphire version. I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to play since I just listened to that track on another site and it did go "dun-dun, dun-dun" about 55 seconds into the song.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to have it happen to. As for the above link, that is what I'm talking about, so thanks for that.
I'm wondering now though that (if that isn't from the official OST), if that repeat of the DUn-Dun is on the OST track for the song.

I guess if my memory isn't tricking me, that maybe they fixed that later on?