• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mutiny in the Bounty! (488)

uber gon

Accept Change
The animation was great and is really cool because everytime we have an episode with great animation the next one is crap and this time it didn't happen.

Dorapion is ugly, weird looking, his design sucks and I just don't like how big and deformed he looks. He is powerful and I loved how Swift and Rzor Leaf did nothing to him and they exploded in Dorapion's head so that's something.

J is really awesome, with great ideas and cool pokemons. A villain that has a Dorapion and Salamence? Awesome!

I loved how Turtwig's Razor Leaf hit the people in the face, that was cool stuff.

At the end Gardevoir didn't do anything special. Kirlia helped but it was underused too. Cool pokemons with wasted potential.

I love when Team Rocket is with Ash. They make a great team and they are not the usual idiots.

Yeah, I like the "sizzle" effect they had on Dorapion.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Does anybody know where to find a video of the episode?

Japan, duh.

Specifically, TV Tokyo.

Yah it really is awesome when Team Rocket and Ash work together. I hope they do it more often this season than they did it last seasons...
They didn't work together in this episode. At all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Having finally seen this myself:

- I love how the action started off right away. The characters didn't even get to introduce themselves to the filler girl before the trouble started.

- J is simply ruthless, attacking that girl out of nowhere and stealing Gardevoir pretty easily. When you have a Salamence + Ariados + Dorapion in your arsenal, you know you have a winner.

- Whatever organization these hunters have, they're pretty well equipped. Trucks, hovercrafts, guns that turn Pokemon to stone, good stuff.

- Is it just me or do Hikari and Brock have a death wish? Who the hell stands with their arms spread across as a truck driving 90mph is heading right toward you? Both Brock and Hikari could have been killed if the truck ran right into them instead of zooming over them on the cliff. Seriously, when you have evil people trying to make a getaway, you DON'T stand in front of their vehicle unless you want to run the risk of getting run over. I can understand Hikari being naive about it, but Brock should have known better.

- I loved how Salamence shot a Hyperbeam at TR right after they finished their motto. I LOL'd, and Meowth gets captured!

- The filler girl having a Kirlia to track down where J went was pretty neat, I thought.

- Ash and TR working together in the fortress was neat. Or rather, Jessie and James running away from the minions was funny. I LOVED the way Naetle just shot some Razor leafs at the guys trying to follow them in the shaft.

- Anyone else love the real sense of danger in this episode? During the final confrontation, a hole was made in the side of the vehicle and the air was ready to suck everyone out. I especially felt the emotion as Ash recalled his Naetle and Aipom before they went flying out to their deaths.

- Gardevoir saved everyone (yay!), and seeing Jenny round up all those criminals with that one rope was hilarious. So is that how Jenny captures criminals? Also is it just me, or did Brock not flirt with Jenny or the filler girl? I guess even he could restrain himself when something serious was going on.

- The end of the ep definitely makes it seem that J will return, which is a given, let's hope her next ep is as good as this.

Overall a really great episode that not only introduced a new villain, but we got to see several Pokemon we haven't seen in a while:

- Gardevoir (believe it or not, this is only its second episode in the anime)
- Kirlia
- Salamence (yay, it never got much spotlight outside Movie 6)
- Absol...for like 1 second before it gets stoned (ha)
- Ariados (although not special since Harley had one last season)
- Golbat...one that actually does something
- Arcanine...meh...overused Arcanine but we'll let him slide

Plus the new debut of Dorapion on top of it.

Definitely a great episode, it could have even been the plot for a movie if they threw a legendary in the equation. Shame that Hikari didn't get to do anything in this episode, but maybe we'll see more of her next time.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I will say it.

When Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to break hole in the wall and the wind starts to suck everything up. Ash and everyone else grab something to hold, Meowth grabs Jessie's AS*. LOL Well actually her skirt but still it is her as*.

Jessie was not yelling just because she was in danger. :p

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
k quick question people... i havnt had the privledge of seeing the video yet lol so can sombody tell me in the end if ALLL the stoned pokemon got out like teddy/ninetails/swampert/etc. cause if they didnt... crys a little inside lol

not sure if its been answered but can sombody help me out

k quick question people... i havnt had the privledge of seeing the video yet lol so can sombody tell me in the end if ALLL the stoned pokemon got out like teddy/ninetails/swampert/etc. cause if they didnt... crys a little inside lol

not sure if its been answered but can sombody help me out

They were sold a long while ago.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
They were sold a long while ago.

like they got SOLD in the episode or when we saw the picks of them it was a flashback... OMG thats sooo sad those poor pokemon never get to see there trainers again... but WHO WOULD buy one of those thats mean... so k clear it up for me please ^^^

Ps HOLYYY Dorapion is freaken HUGE didnt expect it to be that big lol thats awesome

like they got SOLD in the episode or when we saw the picks of them it was a flashback... OMG thats sooo sad those poor pokemon never get to see there trainers again... but WHO WOULD buy one of those thats mean... so k clear it up for me please ^^^

Ps HOLYYY Dorapion is freaken HUGE didnt expect it to be that big lol thats awesome

They got sold in the flashback. J was showing the pokemon off to a collector during the flashback.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
do the people that were buying them relize that they were actual pokemon underneith... or did they just think it was statues

and omg thats heart wrenching... like shes probly the first actual "EVIL" person in this anime... correct me if im wrong...

R_N

OBJECTION!
THere is a clear contradiction in this member's testimony!
The animation was great and is really cool because everytime we have an episode with great animation the next one is crap and this time it didn't happen.

Dorapion is ugly, weird looking, his design sucks and I just don't like how big and deformed he looks. He is powerful and I loved how Swift and Rzor Leaf did nothing to him and they exploded in Dorapion's head so that's something.

J is really awesome, with great ideas and cool pokemons. A villain that has a Dorapion and Salamence? Awesome!

I loved how Turtwig's Razor Leaf hit the people in the face, that was cool stuff.

At the end Gardevoir didn't do anything special. Kirlia helped but it was underused too. Cool pokemons with wasted potential.

I love when Team Rocket is with Ash. They make a great team and they are not the usual idiots.

First you insult Dorapion & then you praise J on her choice of "awsome" pokemon.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
yah ^^^ dorapion is my new favorite poison pokemon ITS HUGE

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
I have NO IDEA what that weird stuff J used to fossilize poor Pikachu was, but I was surprised that Meowth was fossilized too. I think J is from Cipher, judging on how she's dressed.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I can tell you, this one might be an easier episode to dub once the time comes; they don't even have to translate J's name.

This episode was different from the usual filler. We acually see an evil huntress which in itself doesn't happen often.

J heself was a surprizing gal. For one, she was already prepared for Guardevoir's teleport. Using Ariados's string shot to stop the humans from messing things up while the norm, is still effective, because J knows how to use it. Her Dorapion was also menicing as it minipulated some of the events of the episode. I have a strong feeling she will be seen again (or at least referenced to).

Is it me, or is that reused Arcanine footage (the scene where it uses fire blast)?

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
I can tell you, this one might be an easier episode to dub once the time comes; they don't even have to translate J's name.

This episode was different from the usual filler. We acually see an evil huntress which in itself doesn't happen often.

J heself was a surprizing gal. For one, she was already prepared for Guardevoir's teleport. Using Ariados's string shot to stop the humans from messing things up while the norm, is still effective, because J knows how to use it. Her Dorapion was also menicing as it minipulated some of the events of the episode. I have a strong feeling she will be seen again (or at least referenced to).

Is it me, or is that reused Arcanine footage (the scene where it uses fire blast)?

How strong of a feeling, pray tell ?

I have NO IDEA what that weird stuff J used to fossilize poor Pikachu was, but I was surprised that Meowth was fossilized too. I think J is from Cipher, judging on how she's dressed.

They won't bring Cipher into the anime. It's time has passed. J belongs to no organization. She's a lone wolf.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
do the people that were buying them relize that they were actual pokemon underneith... or did they just think it was statues
She would change them back before giving them to their new owner, wealthy heartless collectors and the like. I'll bet she has sold some to the likes of TR as well. There have been many remarks in the series about how some people make a lot of money illegally selling pokemon, but J is the first time we've seen just what benefits a successful operation can get (their technology was amazing and way beyond what any local police force could handle).

and omg thats heart wrenching... like shes probly the first actual "EVIL" person in this anime... correct me if im wrong...
Not really. Giovanni is certainly evil (when he's not in a Meowth fantasy), as are some other TR members like Vicious, Domino, Bashou etc. Not to mention the hunter that tried to take Arbok and Weezing back in Hoenn and beat Jessie, James and Meowth to a pulp.

J is just different from most in that she wasn't captured, and unlike any of the others except Giovanni she is a leader with a number of people working under her.