• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My 5th Gen Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial Rend

Ultra Trainer
Garchomp ;445; Draco Plate
Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

This is a standard Swords Dance Garchomp. Basically, I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun as much as possible after a Swords Dance. Outrage is its most powerful STAB, while Earthquake backs it up. Stone Edge has great coverage, and Swords Dance gives Garchomp a menacing attack stat.

Azelf ;482; Life Orb
Timid
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 HP
Psyshock
Flamethrower
Hidden Power (Ice)
Nasty Plot

I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun base 110s and non-max 115s. Nasty Plot makes its SpAtk rediculous, while backed up by 3 good coverage moves. Psychic is extremely powerful STAB, while Flamethrower destroys resisting Steels. HP Ice is for the all-common Dragons who haunt the OU tier.

Porygon 2 ;233; Eviolite
Download
Modest
252 SpAtk 252 HP 4 Def
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

This is a more offensively oriented version of Eviolite Porygon 2. Max SpAtk makes it hit hard, while Eviolite and HP EVs make it a defensive beast too! Download > Trace because I love the SpAtk boost when I can get it. Tri Attack is STAB. BoltBeam has awesome coverage to back up Tri Attack, and Recover heals it of the stacked up damage it takes.

Zaptos ;145; Expert Belt
Timid
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 Def
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power (Ice)
Volt Switch

Thunderbolt is an awesome STAB, while Heat Wave covers most types that Thunderbolt doesn't hit effectively. HP Ice takes out the common Dragons and also has really good coverage against a lot of Pokemon. Volt Switch is beastly for scouting, as it allows a switch and deals insane damage to the opponent.

Scizor ;212; Leftovers
Technician
Adamant
252 Atk 252 HP 4 SpDef
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Swords Dance

Swords Dance boosts Scizors attack to uncalled for levels. Bug Bite is the most powerful STAB move for Scizor after Technician and is incredibly powerful after a Swords Dance. Bullet Punch gets priority, nice power after Technician boost, STAB, and can kill a lot of not-bulky sweepers after a Swords Dance boost. Superpower destroys Steel types and has nice coverage in general.

Cloyster ;91; Focus Sash
Naughty
Skill Link
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 SpAtk
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump
Shell Smash

Cloyster is my lead Pokemon, and has the Focus Sash to ensure survival in order to set up Shell Smash. After Shell Smash, it can kill a ton of stuff. Icicle Spear is BP 125 STAB and 1HKOs a lot of stuff. Rock Blast has great coverage, and again a BP 125 after Skill Link. Finally, Hydro Pump is for Pokemon that have a much lesser SpDef than Def (Skarmory, Fortress, etc).

Please feel free to comment on this team, giving any suggestions. So far, this team is undefeated on Wifi Battle and on Random Match-up. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it!

Last edited:

cantab

You might take this over to the competitive RMT forum, since as you mention WiFi play is what you use it for mainly.

Steel Plate is good on Scyther, to boost his Bullet Punch.

Final

I Submit to No One
Garchomp ;445; Draco Plate
Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang / Aqua Tail
Swords Dance

This is a standard Swords Dance Garchomp. Basically, I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun as much as possible after a Swords Dance. Outrage is its most powerful STAB, while Earthquake backs it up. Stone Edge has great coverage, and Swords Dance gives Garchomp a menacing attack stat.

Stone Edge isn't needed for OU. It was only used last Generation when Garchomp was Uber to kill Lugia while still being able to 2HKO Skarmory after a Swords Dance. It can't do neither here since it isn't holding a Life Orb. Fire Fang gets better type coverage and murders levitating Steels after a Swords Dance. Aqua Tail can also do this and it kills Air Ballon Heatran.

Azelf ;482; Life Orb
Timid
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 HP
Psyshock
Flamethrower
Hidden Power (Ice)
Nasty Plot

I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun base 110s and non-max 115s. Nasty Plot makes its SpAtk rediculous, while backed up by 3 good coverage moves. Psychic is extremely powerful STAB, while Flamethrower destroys resisting Steels. HP Ice is for the all-common Dragons who haunt the OU tier.

I would run Psyshock over Psychic for pseudo mixing. Blissey is only 3HKOed by Psychic after a (or is it after 2?) Nasty Plot anyway so you won't be getting past her. Psyshock deals with her, Eviolite Chansey and more Specially Defensive stuff. Grass Knot could be considered if Tyranitar is a problem although Garchomp should probably be enough to check him.

Porygon 2 ;233; Eviolite
Trace
Modest
252 SpAtk 252 HP 4 Def
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

This is a more offensively oriented version of Eviolite Porygon 2. Max SpAtk makes it hit hard, while Eviolite and HP EVs make it a defensive beast too! Download > Trace because I love the SpAtk boost when I can get it. Tri Attack is STAB. BoltBeam has awesome coverage to back up Tri Attack, and Recover heals it of the stacked up damage it takes.

Trace allows Porygon2 to counter stuff like Salamence and Gyarados better since it bounces their Intimidates back at them. You have no insurance for Dragon Dance variants of either of them (Scizor won't be able to kill Salamence in a pinch without a Choice Band or Life Orb unless it is low on health and Gyarados once set up will probably tear through your team unless Porygon2 can take a boosted hit) so Trace will probably be the superior ability. You probably could pump up his Defense more but I don't know if you'll need it with Eviolite boosting its Defense.

Zaptos ;145; Zap Plate
Timid
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 Def
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power (Ice)
Volt Switch

Thunderbolt is an awesome STAB, while Heat Wave covers most types that Thunderbolt doesn't hit effectively. HP Ice takes out the common Dragons and also has really good coverage against a lot of Pokemon. Volt Switch is beastly for scouting, as it allows a switch and deals insane damage to the opponent.

Looks fine although your item choice only gives Thunderbolt and Volt Switch the boosts. A Choice item (Choice Specs or Choice Scarf) or if Item Clause isn't a problem Life Orb might be better items.

Scizor ;212; Leftovers
Technician
Adamant
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Def
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Swords Dance boosts Scizors attack to uncalled for levels. Bug Bite is the most powerful STAB move for Scizor after Technician and is incredibly powerful after a Swords Dance. Bullet Punch gets priority, nice power after Technician boost, STAB, and can kill a lot of not-bulky sweepers after a Swords Dance boost. Superpower destroys Steel types and has nice coverage in general.

You really shouldn't be using Superpower here because even after a Swords Dance I'm pretty sure you won't be able to 2HKO Max HP / Max Defense Skarmory without a Life Orb anyway and the Attack and Defense drops can cut his sweeping turns short. Brick Break may not pack as much power but it still deals with most Steels well enough.

Cloyster ;91; Focus Sash
Naughty
Skill Link
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 SpAtk
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump
Shell Smash

Cloyster is my lead Pokemon, and has the Focus Sash to ensure survival in order to set up Shell Smash. After Shell Smash, it can kill a ton of stuff. Icicle Spear is BP 125 STAB and 1HKOs a lot of stuff. Rock Blast has great coverage, and again a BP 125 after Skill Link. Finally, Hydro Pump is for Pokemon that have a much lesser SpDef than Def (Skarmory, Fortress, etc).

Looks fine.

Please feel free to comment on this team, giving any suggestions. So far, this team is undefeated on Wifi Battle and on Random Match-up. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it!

Suggestions in bold. Not a bad team. Covered a few nitpicks and possible problems in bold.

am i missing something? or is there a lack of any walls on this team? i see nothing that can really absorb a strong hit

cantab

You're missing Porygon2. Its stats don't look like much, but after the Eviolite buff it's none too shabby, even without defensive investment. Trace makes it especially good against Intimidate Pokemon, notable Salamence and Gyarados.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
A really minor suggestion, but put the 4 EVs in Scizor's Defense into Sp Def instead. It needs that more. Normally, I don't comment on OU teams, but this seems pretty solid.

Also, have you thought about setting up some entry hazards? Pokemon like Scizor are going to make your foes tend to switch, so I would make more use of that. Still, on an offensive team, it's not that much of an issue.

SexyWingull

One fine bird
Bad news man but Garchomp just, and I mean just hours ago, got banned from Ou.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Garchomp Draco Plate
Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hone Claws

Spacial Rend

Ultra Trainer
Garchomp Draco Plate
Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hone Claws

Swords Dance is better... with Hone Claws only boosting Stone Edge, which I changed because of the rather useless coverage, Aqua Tail/Fire Fang are better, and wouldn't need the acc. boost.

mew72

The One and Only
Dude.
Get a DW Porygon2.
If you run a relaxed nature, with 0 speed IVs your usually guranteed to go slower and get the analyctic boost;258;

Status
Not open for further replies.