• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Anime Charcter Drawings! (final versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I'm guessing Shouta from Visitor of the Space Fissure.

lisalover

I'm a KA water bunny
is it that dude with the blastoise from movie 7

U

Ultraeon

Gilbertman said:
Lovelina:
lovelina3mj.png

Oh my gawd, this is like SO the coolest picture in the set, This is SO going in my favorites

K

Kakiryu

Your anime pictures are stunning :O Although once you're at this level you might wanna try a more in-depth style of shading.

Kakiryu said:
Your anime pictures are stunning :O Although once you're at this level you might wanna try a more in-depth style of shading.

thank you..... any suggestions on how to do a more in depth shading? i do amite i still got a long way to go im still working on making better lineart and shading is big too

well its been a while but i got 4 new drawings

so here they are:

Shota/Sid:
gmshota2mo.png

Resu and Toran:
gmresuandtoran5kw.png

from the Mr.Mime/Sneasel resturant episode

and for the 2 ones im proud of i went through several drafts for both thier faces to finally get them to look how i wanted fron the Hoenn Elite Four

Sidney:
gmsidney5ht.png

and
Glacia:
gmglacia6ib.png

well hope ya'll likE!

Medea

Excalibur
Woo! I love the Glacia one! I must say, you are the best artist in SPPF.

S.Suikun

Heh, the waiter twins are pretty cute (particularly Toran). You even made Glacia look pretty.

Like I said, though, you should probably update the first page.

dolphinxx

Water Trainer
Gaadi, join the club. she looks so hot. get it?

Akane

Oh wow! I love the Sid and Glaica one! Those rock! And the other two too. =3 You are a very great artist. I agree with Medea, you are the best artists in SPPF. I can't wait to see what else you drew. ^^

sorry its been a while everyone, and thanks to everyone for thier comments :) makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

well i
4 of em drawings not my most favorite group of drawings but theyre all right so here we go

Alana/Akina:
gmakina5ey.png

Advanced Generation Ash:
gmash1xe.png

Laura Laramie:
gmlaura0sr.png

i wasnt sure if her name was spelled Lara or Laura, but it looked better Luara in the font so thats the spelling i used :p

Hoenn Elite Drake:
gmdrake5ej.png

well there y go, im going to start doing some better characters liike the gym leaders and some of the main characters soon so yeah

thanks allof you once again!

Medea

Excalibur
Everytime I see your work it gets better. All of them look really good. Looking forward to seeing the next batch!

S.Suikun

I've always referred and seen her referred to as Lara, although it may simply be her accent. Maybe somebody can caption it (although I'm still fairly positive it's Lara).

Another great batch, nonetheless.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Yes, I believe her name is spelled 'Lara' as that is the way Brock, Ash, and Misty pronounce her name, as I'm watching the ep at the moment. Or maybe I have hearing problems, which is very likely. XD Anyway, luvin' your Glacia pic dude, tis' the awesomest ever. Did you get it from Manga scan refrence? They are indeed the coolest Elite four evah. *Steals Drakes boots and hides them away* Very well drawn, and I love them either way. Sid is awesome as well. I've actually never given Sidney of the Elite four much thought, as I always thought his name was Will, of the Silver Confrence. 0_0;; whoops. But awesome batch Gilbertman. New backrounds rock as well, make them look much better, if possible.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Finally about time to add my inevitable two cents.
Good job. Yes; good job on copying someone elses artistic style. While the art style copy itself is good, I can't give you any positive feedback, mainly because the whole point of even being an artist is to demonstarte your own skill with character design and creation, which you, unfortunately, have not done. Instead, you took the anime artists' art styles, and used them to produce near perfect reconstructions of the characters using that art style. Congradulations. Congradulations on being unoriginal.
Trust me; I'm not saying because I abhore the anime something awful, or because I want to be different and not like everyone else that posted here; I'm stating a rather obvious fact that really needs to be said. I'd like to see some of your original art, with your original style. and maybe even original characters (not required). Until then, I have nothing more to say.

S.Suikun

The name slips my mind at the moment (twas Henry something), but a historic art teacher of various famous artists once said,
"Art is 98 percent theft."

No, that does not mean copy an image and make slight tweaks to it. It means putting your own spin on a piece, breathing new life into it. If you'd look at some of Gilbertman's more recent drawings, they actually have far more saturation and detail than the actual anime uses. I'm not calling Gilby an original artist. But he doesn't necessarily have to be.

And for the record, there are several original characters and renditions on in-game characters on the first page.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
I believe that the main reason why they look so lush is probably because its s astraight Photoshop/Paintshop/GIMP CG'ed piece, and not art aired on TV and been through multiple computers and whatnot, thus lowering their clarity. I honestly see almost zero difference. I mean, yes; art is almost 98% theft, but come on. There is a limit. >_>

Clockworkz said:
Finally about time to add my inevitable two cents.
Good job. Yes; good job on copying someone elses artistic style. While the art style copy itself is good, I can't give you any positive feedback, mainly because the whole point of even being an artist is to demonstarte your own skill with character design and creation, which you, unfortunately, have not done. Instead, you took the anime artists' art styles, and used them to produce near perfect reconstructions of the characters using that art style. Congradulations. Congradulations on being unoriginal.
Trust me; I'm not saying because I abhore the anime something awful, or because I want to be different and not like everyone else that posted here; I'm stating a rather obvious fact that really needs to be said. I'd like to see some of your original art, with your original style. and maybe even original characters (not required). Until then, I have nothing more to say.

yes i understand, i know, yes the style isnt the most original and im working on that, i still consider myself an ameteur, as ive only been doing art now for a little over 2 years, so i got a long way to go, and as for original characters thats a little ironic cuz just a couple weeks ago i started a projesct and will be doing original characters every week, and as for the program thier neighther photoshoped, gimped, what have you the lineart as well as the coloring is done in MS Paint, while resizing of the pic is done in Ultimate Paint to get the lines to look smooth, and the background is done in ULead PhotoImpact which my free trail fo rthat will only last 8 more days so yeah, but i do appreciate your critizism, its becuz of people like you that i do keep inproving, so well i started today working on new lineart stragedies, and here is a little experiement
n, so im trying differnt lineart tell me which one looks better:
blue4wy.png

the lineart for the 2nd one isnt all the way complete, and i took off thier heads not to spoil what they look like, so tell me if the one on the right is good or the idea is good or what, and perhaps you guys can give me suggestions on how i can make the drawings more my own cuz im stumped cuz i still wanna make em look like the anime but with a personalized touch so yeah

~~Gilbertman~~

Darkliger

The Shadow Elite
Gilbertman said:
yes i understand, i know, yes the style isnt the most original and im working on that, i still consider myself an ameteur, as ive only been doing art now for a little over 2 years, so i got a long way to go, and as for original characters thats a little ironic cuz just a couple weeks ago i started a projesct and will be doing original characters every week, and as for the program thier neighther photoshoped, gimped, what have you the lineart as well as the coloring is done in MS Paint, while resizing of the pic is done in Ultimate Paint to get the lines to look smooth, and the background is done in ULead PhotoImpact which my free trail fo rthat will only last 8 more days so yeah, but i do appreciate your critizism, its becuz of people like you that i do keep inproving, so well i started today working on new lineart stragedies, and here is a little experiement
n, so im trying differnt lineart tell me which one looks better:
blue4wy.png

the lineart for the 2nd one isnt all the way complete, and i took off thier heads not to spoil what they look like, so tell me if the one on the right is good or the idea is good or what, and perhaps you guys can give me suggestions on how i can make the drawings more my own cuz im stumped cuz i still wanna make em look like the anime but with a personalized touch so yeah

~~Gilbertman~~

Well, I think your art is good, but ant artwork can be better. While I like both presented styles, the one on the right looks the most unique - something that you should defiinately shoot for in making better artwork.

Darkliger said:
Well, I think your art is good, but ant artwork can be better. While I like both presented styles, the one on the right looks the most unique - something that you should defiinately shoot for in making better artwork.

i agree any art work can be better, and so far everyone seems to be saying what your saying that the one on the right is more unique and looks just as good as the one on the left so thank you for your input!

so id like to hear from some of my big fans and see what they say about the change

Status
Not open for further replies.