• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My AWESOME Idea! Destruct-Lord!

Do you like my idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragoona

;321;

I am going for a competitive team of six. I just had an idea, and it is to use a Wailord in my team as an auto tool of destruction. I call it Destruct-lord. ;) My idea is to use a lvl 100 Wailord in my party and teach it:

-Selfdestruct
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I bolded the word selfdestruct because it will be the key move in my idea. The point of my idea is when I'm versing a team that has a very good pokemon that is too hard to beat, I just pull out my wailord, which I will EV train it in HP and defense/sp. defense/speed (help me decide), then use selfdestruct. Since Wailord's HP is so high, it will more than likely auto-kill the opponent. I think rest and sleep talk would work nicely with this strategy, because if Wailord's HP somehow becomes low, I can just use rest, then use sleep-talk to activate my plan (use selfdestruct). I'm only giving Wailord 3 moves because if it uses sleep talk, I only want it to use selfdestruct. But there is a problem with this plan. I need to choose on which item to give Wailord. I am thinking between either Choice Scarf or Leftovers.

Choice scarf because when I switch out to Wailord, I will have a higher chance of using selfdestruct before the opponent hits me (it's important to keep Wailord's health high because selfdestruct's damage depends on the user's health. So for example, if Wailord's HP is 500, it will deal 500 damage to the opponent's pokemon).
Leftovers because I'm pretty sure that when I switch out to Wailord, Wailord will be hit, and leftovers will recover its HP. But I'm not completely sure if leftovers will activate on the first time Wailord is hit.

So these are my thoughts. If you have any ideas to make my plan better, I'd gladly read them. If you know of a better item to give to Wailord that will make my plan better, please tell me. Also, I need to know what nature Wailord should have, and what stats it should be EV trained in. :) Thank you for your time, and I hope you reply.

;321;

Last edited:
You do know that the amount of HP Wailord is on has no influence on the damage of Self Destruct, right? And Wailord can't even learn Self Destruct, or Explosion for that matter.

Last edited:

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
You do know that the amount of HP Wailord is on has no influence on the damage of Self Destruct, right? And Wailord can't even learn Self Destruct, or Explosion for that matter.

Wrong, Wailord learns Selfdestruct through the move tutor in Agate Village in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

lol Choice Scarf

@ op: Water Spout is the move that does more damage when you have high HP, not Selfdestruct, lol.

golduck#1

and what is the point of rest and sleep talk. yuo will either get ko'd in one move.

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
Why is this here anyway? Shouldn't it be in Singles Rate?

Whatever the above posters said, plus the fact that other pokemon do this better (Azelf anyone)

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
errrr...wow. You though Selfdestruct did damage based on hp? Please try to know the slightest things about compedetive battling before you tutor us on what moves do. I hope you realise that the people here are SERIOUS and make some of the best teams on wifi. (Not the very best but at least it isn't Toterra@none Frenzy plant/Leaf Storm/Sunny Dat/Solarbeam.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
No, but I was the first one to think of this strategy.

somehow i highly doubt it,
and your strategy is just using selfdestruct,
what strategies that?

not to mention rest and sleep talk have no point when your trying to kill it,
anyway move to singles rate...

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I wonder who voted 'yes' for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.