• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my awesome Sand team

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
Well this is my first sand team for the ou tier Enjoy and Rate!!!!!!!!!!!

196.gif

item:light clay,nature:timid
evs:252 speed,252hp,4def
Ability:magic bounce
-hidden power(fire)
-Wish
-Light screen
-Reflect
I got this suggestion from Jets and it awesome it has puts dual screens and heals other teammates hidden power is to roast those ferothorns and scizors not much to say.

251.gif

Celebi
item:leftovers,nature:modest
evs:220 hp,252 sp.attk,36 speed
Ability:Natural Cure
-Giga Drain
-Psychic
-Nasty Plot
-Recover
Celebi is one of the biggest assist to my team it deals with water types and other grass types especially Breloom and Jellicent nasty plot helps it find a reliable solution to Blissey.Giga Drain is for STAB Psychic is so I wont get walled my Infernape or Dragons.Last leftovers to recover some hp and recover is to survive longer.

248.gif

Tyranitar
item:chople berry,nature:relaxed
evs:236 hp,64 attk,100 def,110 sp.attk
Ability:Sand Stream
-Stealth Rocks
-Pursuit
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
Well like all Sand teams they need a sand streamer well I chose Tyranitar.Stealth Rocks are for Sun teams and extra damage will help Pursuit is to trap Psychic types. Ice Beam is for Donphan and other physically defensive Ground types.Fire Blast is to roast Steel types which other whys would wall me.Chople berry is to get a chance to setup Rocks even against Fighting types.

485.gif

Heatran
item:Air Balloon Nature:modest
evs:252 spattk,252 speed,4hp
Ability:Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power(Grass)
-Taunt
I love Heatran he helps me against sun teams kinda deals with Volcarona and defeats scizor and especially Jirachi.Opposing Celebi is an issue so Heatran takes care of it.Fire Blast is for STAB,Earth Power is to deal with other Heatrans.Also HP grass deals with water/ground pokemon such as swampert and quagsire and taunt is to stop spikers and such.Air Balloon is to get a temporary ground immunity.

212.gif

Scizor
item:leftovers nature:adamant
evs:252hp,216sp.def,40attk
Ability:Technician
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Roost
-Swords Dance
Scizor is very good against Terrakion and other bulky rock types.Swords Dance is to boost my attack.Bullet punch is for priority against speedy pokes and Superpower is to beat Ferrothorns who want to wall me.Roost is to survive longer.Leftovers is to recover some hp.

464.gif

BIG DADDY(Rhyperior)
item:leftovers nature:careful
evs:236 hp,216sp.def,58 def
Ability:Solid Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Curse

The name big daddy comes from the robot with the drill from the Bioshock games.Anyways Rhyperior deals with volcarona nicely due to the sp.def investment.Stone edge is to take out flying types and earthquake is to take out fire types especially heatran and metagross.Avalanche is to take out the dragons in the OU tier this guy has save my butt a lot .Leftovers is to heal some hp.

My main issues are:jirachi,skarmory,and tyranitar if I lose scizor and rhyperior not experiencing troubles other than that and once more Enjoy and rate please!!!!!

Last edited:

FirstRate

Well this is my first sand team for the ou tier Enjoy and Rate!!!!!!!!!!!

My comments will be in BOLD

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Trait: Storm Drain
Calm Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Scald
Earth Power
Toxic
Recover

Since your team is semi-bulky, a user of Dual Screens is kind of redundant, so replacing Latias with Gastrodon is a good idea so you have a Fire / Water / Grass core along with Celebi and Heatran.

251.gif

Celebi
item:leftovers,nature:modest
evs:232 hp,240 sp.attk,36 speed
Ability:Natural Cure
-Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
-Psychic / Earth Power / Hidden Power FIre
-Thunder Wave
-Recover
Celebi is one of the biggest assist to my team it deals with water types and other grass types especially Breloom and Jellicent nasty plot helps it find a reliable solution to Blissey.Giga Drain is for STAB Psychic is so I wont get walled my Infernape or Dragons.Last leftovers to recover some hp and recover is to survive longer.
This version of Celebi is a combination of Celebi's offensive and defensive prowess all rolled into one. It also benefits from your team's bulky style. Thunder Wave is used over Nasty Plot to slow down the opponents team, as you won't be touching Blissey even with Nasty Plot.

248.gif

Tyranitar
item:chople berry,nature:relaxed
evs:236 hp,64 attk,100 def,110 sp.attk
Ability:Sand Stream
-Stealth Rocks
-Pursuit
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
Well like all Sand teams they need a sand streamer well I chose Tyranitar.Stealth Rocks are for Sun teams and extra damage will help Pursuit is to trap Psychic types. Ice Beam is for Donphan and other physically defensive Ground types.Fire Blast is to roast Steel types which other whys would wall me.Chople berry is to get a chance to setup Rocks even against Fighting types.
Interesting set. I like it :)

485.gif

Heatran
item:Air Balloon Nature:modest
evs:252 spattk,252 speed,4hp
Ability:Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power(Grass)
-Dragon Pulse
I love Heatran he helps me against sun teams kinda deals with Volcarona and defeats scizor and especially Jirachi.Opposing Celebi is an issue so Heatran takes care of it.Fire Blast is for STAB,Earth Power is to deal with other Heatrans.Also HP grass deals with water/ground pokemon such as swampert and quagsire and taunt is to stop spikers and such.Air Balloon is to get a temporary ground immunity.
Heatran doesn't really need Taunt, so Dragon Pulse is good for hitting Dragon types, as your walled by them.

212.gif

Scizor
item:leftovers nature:adamant
evs:252hp,216sp.def,40attk
Ability:Technician
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Roost
-Swords Dance
Scizor is very good against Terrakion and other bulky rock types.Swords Dance is to boost my attack.Bullet punch is for priority against speedy pokes and Superpower is to beat Ferrothorns who want to wall me.Roost is to survive longer.Leftovers is to recover some hp.
You don't want to run a move like Superpwer on a defensive spread, so Brick Break would work better as a Fighting type move.

464.gif

BIG DADDY(Rhyperior)
item:leftovers nature:careful
evs:236 hp,216sp.def,58 def
Ability:Solid Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Curse

The name big daddy comes from the robot with the drill from the Bioshock games.Anyways Rhyperior deals with volcarona nicely due to the sp.def investment.Stone edge is to take out flying types and earthquake is to take out fire types especially heatran and metagross.Avalanche is to take out the dragons in the OU tier this guy has save my butt a lot .Leftovers is to heal some hp.
I don't think you want to change this Pokemon, so for now it looks good.

My main issues are:jirachi,skarmory,and tyranitar if I lose scizor and rhyperior not experiencing troubles other than that and once more Enjoy and rate please!!!!!

I hope I helped with your team! Good luck!

Utopian

faults & feats
Alright good stuff. Not a bad start. First off, using dual screens espeon would be much better I don't think this team needs screen support at all. You could easily give latias a calm mind set. I would scratch rhyperior for bulky rs starmie. this would complete the FWG core. Heatran should be the special defensive set since quiver dance volcarona laughs in your face right about now. A better sand sweeper would be acroscor but if you want to keep priority usin bulky SD scizor is fine.

Good luck! (sets in smogon)

another quick option is to spam voltturn.
Latias -> scarf rotomw
SD scizor -> CB scizor
celebi -> defensive u turn
with would quickly wear down your opponent, still give you a FWG core, and find you more chances to set up gliscor. Have fun aha

Last edited:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
I dont really need rapid spin because my team is not weak to rocks or other hazards and first rate my celebi can get pass blissey and scizor or ferrothorn

Utopian

faults & feats
-___- all teams are harzard weak without spin support. And sub SD terrakion is a major threat. Rhyperior is the worst mon to use in OU.

/end. As this is definitely not an awesome sand team. Gl.

edit: +6 celebi can barely 2HKO blissey and most blissey run toxic.

Last edited:

FirstRate

I dont really need rapid spin because my team is not weak to rocks or other hazards and first rate my celebi can get pass blissey and scizor or ferrothorn

I have to disagree because Blissey can out-stall you if it carries Thunder Wave (Which it usually does) and Seismic Toss, as you have to switch out to heal the paralysis, thus losing the Nasty Plot boosts.

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
nope only if it has toxic and I can recover

-___- all teams are harzard weak without spin support. And sub SD terrakion is a major threat. Rhyperior is the worst mon to use in OU.

/end. As this is definitely not an awesome sand team. Gl.

edit: +6 celebi can barely 2HKO blissey and most blissey run toxic.

Well I know is not perfect and yes it can celebi can,I always do that anyways thanks i'll try espeon and rhyperior can and will deal with volcarona

Utopian

faults & feats
nope only if it has toxic and I can recover

you are a very arrogant person. you do realize toxic gets worst as long as you are infected right -_-

rhyperior has 0 special defense. hp ground volc shits on your team.

Utopian

faults & feats
0 special defense does not refer to ev's. you dont even test out the suggestions so i'll just stop commenting. good luck, your gonna need it

Anyway, here's a rate

Have you noticed that you're horribly weak to Crunch Lucario?
Latias still probably gets 3-4HKO'd behind Reflect but you can't risk getting a Def loss.

Would suggest something over Rhyperior honestly. Something like Landorus-Therian Forme or Gliscor or something decently Bulky or is a great check/Counter. And change your current heatran set to a bulkier one or Roar > Taunt to help handle Volcarona and HP Ice > HP Grass to handle Dragons and you already have Celebi for Ground/Waters.

Last edited by a moderator:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
theebay707 said:
Anyway, here's a rate

Have you noticed that you're horribly weak to Crunch Lucario?
Latias still probably gets 3-4HKO'd behind Reflect but you can't risk getting a Def loss.

Would suggest something over Rhyperior honestly. Something like Landorus-Therian Forme or Gliscor or something decently Bulky or is a great check/Counter. And change your current heatran set to a bulkier one or Roar > Taunt to help handle Volcarona and HP Ice > HP Grass to handle Dragons and you already have Celebi for Ground/Waters.

I don't like 5th gen pokes and I want another way to beat those pokemon if in case I lose celebi I need this set for ferrothorns and to out speed scizors and rhyperior can handle it I use it for mainly volcarona

Usatoday

Eternal God
I don't like 5th gen pokes and I want another way to beat those pokemon if in case I lose celebi I need this set for ferrothorns and to out speed scizors and rhyperior can handle it I use it for mainly volcarona

I remember you you use to troll my teams by saying i needed more rhyperior :p anyways jets quit being a douche bag now for the team trust me if your biased you'll never get anywhere anyways you dont really benefit from sand so try maybe a sashendeavor lead mamoswine over ttar

old man

On Guard!!!
Uuummmm I do have a question for you where are your sand abusers? Your Eq resistant? Don't say celebi cause with that spread he doesn't have the speed to continualy switch in on the eq. And Jets chill out man

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
Uuummmm I do have a question for you where are your sand abusers? Your Eq resistant? Don't say celebi cause with that spread he doesn't have the speed to continualy switch in on the eq. And Jets chill out man

I used to have one but I changed latias for espeon

Mooshy1997

Competative Battler
Even though you have multiple pokemon that don't TAKE residual damage from Sandstorm, the only ones who actually benefit or take advantage of it are Tyranitar and Rhyperior, who don't benefit a whole load either. Ask yourself if it's actually worth having the Sandstorm, or just going for weatherless Balance. If you got rid of your sand, it would make life easier for Celebi and Espeon and you could repalce T-Tar with a useful poke that functions well outside of sand.

Just pointing out that your comebacks to counter the comments about your team are a little lacking in depth. If someone says that +6 Celebi can barely 2HKO Blissey, and you JUST say that Celebi can? and I quote:

"Well I know is not perfect and yes it can celebi can" It's not really very helpful. Here are some ACTUAL Calcs
252 +6 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi (+SpAtk) Giga Drain vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 62.75% - 73.95% (2 hits to KO)
252 +6 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi (+SpAtk) Psychic vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 75.35% - 88.66% (2 hits to KO)
This 2HKOes Blissey at +6. But do you think ANYONE would be stupid enough to let you set up 3 Nasty Plots before switching to a reliable counter? I don't think so. With only one Nasty Plot up, heres what you do:
252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi (+SpAtk) Psychic vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 37.82% - 44.26% (3 hits to KO)
So i dont REALLY see, how this is a 'reliable' counter to Blissey with it being able to Softboil in your face while Toxic kills you, EVEN with Recover.

That being said, its a pretty solid team.

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
Even though you have multiple pokemon that don't TAKE residual damage from Sandstorm, the only ones who actually benefit or take advantage of it are Tyranitar and Rhyperior, who don't benefit a whole load either. Ask yourself if it's actually worth having the Sandstorm, or just going for weatherless Balance. If you got rid of your sand, it would make life easier for Celebi and Espeon and you could repalce T-Tar with a useful poke that functions well outside of sand.

Just pointing out that your comebacks to counter the comments about your team are a little lacking in depth. If someone says that +6 Celebi can barely 2HKO Blissey, and you JUST say that Celebi can? and I quote:

"Well I know is not perfect and yes it can celebi can" It's not really very helpful. Here are some ACTUAL Calcs
252 +6 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi (+SpAtk) Giga Drain vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 62.75% - 73.95% (2 hits to KO)
252 +6 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi (+SpAtk) Psychic vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 75.35% - 88.66% (2 hits to KO)
This 2HKOes Blissey at +6. But do you think ANYONE would be stupid enough to let you set up 3 Nasty Plots before switching to a reliable counter? I don't think so. With only one Nasty Plot up, heres what you do:
252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi (+SpAtk) Psychic vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 37.82% - 44.26% (3 hits to KO)
So i dont REALLY see, how this is a 'reliable' counter to Blissey with it being able to Softboil in your face while Toxic kills you, EVEN with Recover.

That being said, its a pretty solid team.

it has happened like 5 times but thanks also I see what you mean the main reason I use weather is so opposing weathers won't take advantage of me