• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My awsome team needs reconstruction

Sadarac

I had a awsome team with eight pokemon in it. I would pick six based on my opponent. One day i was searcheing on the GTS. Now i only have six pokemon left. here they are(all lv 100 no items picked out except for one):

TORTERRA
Hasty
HP 307,ATT228,DEF 223, SPATT159,SPDEF 183 ,Speed 135
Moves
Synthesis
FRensy plant
solarbeam
leaf storm

SCEPTILE
SASSY
276/188/153/233/214/239
FRensyplant
focusblast
solarbeam
leaf storm

Typhlosion
quiet
271/191/191/277/205/189
Fire blast
Blast burn
overheat
eruption

Aerodactyl
RAsh
296/243/150/188/175/324
Thunderfang
giga impact
hyper beam
fire blast

Dragonite(dratinfire) w/ persim berry
Quiet
332/307/207/264/231/186
Outrage
thunder
fireblast
surf

Salamence (had pokerus)
BAshful
308/296/185/247/194/215
DRaco meteor
FLy
Dragon pulse
Fire blast

I need two more pokemon. If you suggest a legendary please also suggest a non legendary as well. Starters are okay if they are 3rd/4th gen.

Elemental Eevee

Eevee will take over
You have too many moves that take atleast two turns to work.e.i.Frenzy Plant, Solar Beam

Sadarac

For a long haul battle yes you would be right but, My battles end within one turn or two plus all those move except fly have a recharge time. The work but then the pokemon needs to rest if the enemy faints the new pokemon has one shot to take out mine which i have not seen. I don't use those move unless i know that one of the slightly weeaker moves won't do the job. and Elementaleevee, You really need to stop multi posting i have seen you do this on other threds and the thred starters seem to get upset. Just do one post instead of three each only a sentence long. with your sig(that is awsome) it will take up a lot less space.

good team I would get rid of frenzy plant for ood hammer on torterra and elemental eevee there is a edit button

edit:my "w" button doesn't work so much so wood hammer instead of ood hammer@_@

Last edited:

arceus03

I had a awsome team with eight pokemon in it. I would pick six based on my opponent. One day i was searcheing on the GTS. Now i only have six pokemon left. here they are(all lv 100 no items picked out except for one):

TORTERRA
Impish
HP 307,ATT228,DEF 223, SPATT159,SPDEF 183 ,Speed 135
Moves
Stone Edge
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Leech Seed/Curse/Crunch

He's a physical Pokemon :)

SCEPTILE
Modest/Timid
276/188/153/233/214/239
Dragon Pulse
focusblast
Energy Ball
leaf storm
Add in Dragon Pulse gives you more coverage.

Typhlosion
Modest/Timid
271/191/191/277/205/189
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

overheat
eruption
Sunny Day also powers up Overheat and Eruption

Don't know Aero and Nite, sorry

Salamence (had pokerus)
BAshful
308/296/185/247/194/215
DRaco meteor
Flamethrower
Dragon pulse
Hydro Pump

As Bashful does nothing, you might use his Atk instead, which is
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge/Earthquake

I need two more pokemon. If you suggest a legendary please also suggest a non legendary as well. Starters are okay if they are 3rd/4th gen.

You use too many moves of the same type in one Pokemon. It's always good to be diverse, otherwise they won't be able to fight efficiently. Try to be more diverse, okay? Though sometimes there are exceptions to this rule, e.g Salamence with Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor, Typhlosion with Overheat and Eruption, etc because the moves have different effects. If you don't want to change the natures around then just change the movesets.

EDIT: Oh yeah, like Elemental Eevee mentioned, two turn moves are useless [with the exception of Solarbeam+Sunny Day combo]. Your opponent could just switch or use Protect or Detect. As this is in game, I suppose there wouldn't be much switching though. And, recharging moves [which are Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, Rock Wrecker and Roar of Time incidentally,] are no-no because the turn needed to recharge can be quite dangerous, especially for Pokemon with low defenses like Sceptile.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Don't use Hyperbeam-like moves (Hyper Beam, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, Rock Wrecker, etc.). Their charging turn is what makes them useless. For example, Surf in two turns does more damage than Hydro Cannon in two turns.

Surf in two turns = 95 + 95 = 190
Hydro Cannon in two turns = 150 + 0 (charging) = 150

They also tends to have low accuracy which means they can miss. They missed, you are screwed because that means free set-up turn for your opponent. They hits and next turn your Pokemon CAN die because you are charging.
Hyperbeam-like moves also includes moves that requires two turns like Dig or Dive. Dig or Dive might not have charging, but they behave in a similar way. Solarbeam is an exception, though, but only if you have Sunny Day.

Torterra
Adamant Nature
~Wood Hammer
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Crunch/Leech Seed/Curse/Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
~Leaf Storm
~Energy Ball
~Dragon Pulse
~Focus Blast

Sceptile @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
~Leaf Blade
~Earthquake
~Thunderpunch
~Dragon Claw

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
~Energy Ball
~Dragon Pulse
~Leech Seed
~Substitute

Typhlosion
Modest/Timid Nature
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~Flamethrower
~Focus Blast

Typhlosion
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Flare Blitz
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Will-o-Wisp/Toxic/Thunderpunch

Dragonite
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance

Dragonite
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Aerial Ace
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

Dragonite
Modest/Timid Nature
~Roost
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Dragon Pulse

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
~Draco Meteor
~Hydro Pump
~Flamethrower
~Dragon Pulse

Salamence
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Dragon Dance/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace
~Dragon Dance/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake

Aerodactyl
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace
~Dragon Claw

If you are planning to use Rock Slide on Aerodactyl, do not teach it using TM, just wait until it reach level 65, so you won't waste precious TM ;)

Last edited:

Sadarac

i Have multiple tm's. and as a menteioned they are all lv.100. as for the natures they were completly random except for dragonite wich i had two options. the only move that i use with a pre-charge time is solar beam. with the moves that recharge the fact that it is almost always a one hit ko makes it more than worth the risk. I try to stay away from ground moves because the hards pokemon to kill is a flying type whan all you have is a ground type.
on aroedactyl i am going to ditch one of the move with a recharge time. witch one should i?
for dratinfire(dragonite) I need outrage.; if i killed surf for ice beam would that be good? i also hate rock type moves but i will make an exception for aerodactyl.
for sceptile if i keept frensy plant but replaced solar beam with something else(suggestions?) would it be good?
AS with arcues03 suggestions for typloshion and salamance those look really good.

Please don't forget suggestions for pokemon to add to the selection. I was thinking about garchomp and charsard so post what one of yours is like if you have one.
thanks for all the good ideas. I will consider all of them!!!!!

Sadarac

i have shiny.!
dratini lvs15,18,20
naturelonely,adament,docile
beldum lv 53
naturesimpish,modest,calm

and my favorite umbreon lv 52
calm
180/78/124/79/167/86
last resort
bite
faint attack
assurance
Help with move sets/items and what stat should look like
Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Umbreon
Impish/Careful Nature
~Mean Look
~Wish/Moonlight/Curse
~Baton Pass
~Toxic/Payback

Metagross
Adamant Nature
~Earthquake
~Meteor Mash
~Agility/Zen Headbutt
~Explosion

Sadarac

i can't get other natures but the move sets look good. when does metagross learn meteor mash? i can't figure it out. the only thing about the umbreon move set is i wan't to have crunch and a strong electric,water or fire type move for some variations to the normal type.

I can't say it enough, THanks for the help! Snorlax will give you a hug:snowlax::snowlax::snowlax::snowlax::snowlax:

big bad deoxys

pokemon master
its a good team but i wouldnt put too much very good moves.put something not taking 2 turns.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, if you can't - or don't want to - get the correct Natures......that's fine, but I suggest you to get correct Natures.

Metagross learns Meteor Mash at level 53. I personally prefer to get Meteor Mash from Metang who learns it at level 48, so I can use level 50 Metagross with Meteor Mash.

Umbreon is not an offensive Pokemon. IMO the only offensive move it can have is Payback, which has 100 base power if Umbreon receives damage first. And considering Umbreon's base Speed (which is only 65), it will often happens - the opponent attacks Umbreon before Umbreon launch a Payback.
However, I don't think you would want to use Payback. If you don't want to change Natures, that means your Umbreon has Calm, which reduces Attack, the main power of Payback (since Payback is a physical attack). So on my Umbreon set above, go with Toxic instead of Payback.

Last edited:

Sadarac

This is my in game team so i am not very worried a bout natures but out of the ones i do have i would like to know witch is best. I have an eevee with timid nature. i have all the right natures just on the wronge pokemon. my beldums are lv 53 because i swarm caught them in diamond. so they might not be able to learn it. i will check though. my dragonite knows these moves now
outrage
thunder
fireblast
blizzard
i taught typhlosion sunnyday to replace blast burn
and torrterra woodhammer over solarbeam.
do you think that this moveset would work for sceptile?
focusblast
leafstorm
toxic
dragonclaw/dragonpulse
one last note
for aerodactyl i replaced
hyperbeam
giga impact
with
rockslide
stone edge.
What do you think?

AS always THanks for the ideas!

Xinjust

Veteran Brawler
Need to REALLY consider new pokes/typings with 5 of your pokemon being weak to ice and FOUR of them 4x weak to ice they will get swamped pretty fast.

imlatino

I would say, if any of your pokemon were to be able to beat "themselves" or even better its weakness in battle, then you have a good pokemon.

Sadarac

remember that this is a in game team. i don't even use it in battle tower single. I have other pokemon for that. but this was a team i wanted to re work a little. and i still want to make two more pokemon to be interchangeable.

and i think that my pokemon could beat themselves but it might be hard.