• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Blue Team

GrassFire

I recently borrowed a friend's Pokemon Blue cartridge and beat the game, captured the Legendary birds, Mewtwo, etc etc. Unfortunately, not long after I transferred my pokemon over to a new game on my Yellow cartridge, it became corrupted and I lost them all... :(

Anyway, here is my team:

;003; Venusaur Lvl 55
Solar Beam
Cut
Leech Seed
Poison Powder

;135; Jolteon Lvl 55
Thunder
Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Pin Missile

;121; Starmie Lvl 52
Blizzard
Surf
Psychic
Bubblebeam

;038; Ninetales Lvl 50
Toxic
Flame Thrower
Fire Blast
Dig

;022; Fearow Lvl 50
Fly
Mirror Move
Drill Peck
Fury Attack

;075; Graveller Lvl 50
Earthquake
Strength
Explosion
Rock Slide

As a side note, I designed my team purely for battling AI. Not that many people (seem to) play the old games anymore, and I was just playing it for my own entertainment. I've never battled a human opponent, in fact... I never even traded a pokemon until I traded with myself to get my pokemon onto Yellow. After that, Graveller evolved into Golem.

Last edited:

Nintho

Fire Pokemon Tamer
yea u could probabley beat the E4 smoothly with this team but i recomend at least all pokemon are at lv55 but i would get rid of CUT on Venusaur.(if thats how you spell it) and get rid of thundershock on jolteon and replace it with a TM move.

GrassFire

yea u could probabley beat the E4 smoothly with this team but i recomend at least all pokemon are at lv55 but i would get rid of CUT on Venusaur.(if thats how you spell it) and get rid of thundershock on jolteon and replace it with a TM move.

Yeah, if I hadn't taught Bulbasaur Cut early in the game to get through plant barriers, I would probably have a more potent attack in its place. Unfortunately, as you know, HM's can't be unlearned, so I was sort of stuck with it, and as my starter pokemon, I had no desire to abandon him for another pokemon.

Jolteon is pretty one-dimensional, besides the classic Pin Missile attack, which is awesome. I agree with replacing Thundershock. If I still had him around, I would've definitely changed that.

Fearow was sometimes only so-so in battles without a type advantage, since it doesn't have any crazily strong moves. However, against fighting, bug, and grass pokemon, it did great. I always loved using Mirror Move against ghost and dragon pokemon, since they are weak against their own-type attacks.

With Jolteon's Pin Missile and Fearow's Mirror Move, I was able to conquer Psychic, Dragon, and Ghost Pokemon without ever seriously training one! :)
(I never really liked those types, so that is a good thing in this case)

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
There's only one Dragon attack in the 1st Gen and it only ever does 40 HP damage, likewise Night Shade only does set damage. Neither one are type based per say. The only Ghost attack that does damage is Lick, and it is NOT super effective against Ghost types.

There are only three Dragon types, the highest form (Dragonite) being x4 weak to Ice making it an easy kill. The only ghost types are also poison types, making them weak to Bug, Ground and Psychic too. Hardly uncommon attack types in the game.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
There's only one Dragon attack in the 1st Gen and it only ever does 40 HP damage, likewise Night Shade only does set damage. Neither one are type based per say. The only Ghost attack that does damage is Lick, and it is NOT super effective against Ghost types.

There are only three Dragon types, the highest form (Dragonite) being x4 weak to Ice making it an easy kill. The only ghost types are also poison types, making them weak to Bug, Ground and Psychic too. Hardly uncommon attack types in the game.