• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my competitive battling team

{PB}shinop

awsome person
zapdos @wise glasses;145;
252 sp attack/252 speed/4 sp def
pressure-modest
hidden power ice
heatwave
thunderbolt
roost
zapdos makes a great lead due to its high sp attack and hp ice so it will easly sweep the opponents lead and roost if its in danger

heracross @ flameorb;214;
252 attack/252 speed/4 HP
guts-jolly
megahorn
stone edge
close combat
facade
heracross is mainly mainly for a bit of extra power and if i see a switch coming it will be ready for other then that it is my phisicle sweeper

swampart @leftovers;260;
252 defence/252 HP/4 sp def
torrent-impish
waterfall
earthquake
roar
stealth rock
swampart is used for stealth rock and for a bit of phisicle stuff it is also used if opponent has heatran

metagross @ life orb;376;
252 attack/252 defence/4 HP
clear body-naughty
rock polish
meteor mash
earthquake
explosion
meta is my wall/atker he will rockpolish to outrun quite a few pokemon and rock polish again if it can then hit hard and hit fast

tentacruel;073;
252 sp def/252 HP/4 sp attack
liquid ooze-calm
toxic spikes
knock off
ice beam
surf

azelf @naive;482;
252 sp attack/252 speed/4 hp
levitate-naive
fire blast
psychic
u-turn
grass knot
azelf is my sp sweeper it will u-turn if a threat comes which makes it a great choice

Last edited:
^^^Don't forget two Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock+Breaking the sash on Empoleon.

That also! Your team needs some serious rethinking.

Conclusion: BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

But I will rate!

Zapdos seems okay

Heracross-NO FLAME ORB! Adamant nature is better. Try Choice band instead, because pretty much you've given him a Choice set anyway.

Swampert- Seems okay

Metagross- Adamant nature is prefered

Empoleon- Grass knot instead of HP Electric. go 252 SPDEF/ 252 HP/ 4 SPATK

Charizard- If you don't want to change moves, give it choice specs.

Please look over your weaknesses

Last edited:
Your team is very weak to infernape and weavile. After stealth rock is down (which in OU, chances are it is) Mixed Infernape can brush aside metagross, Swampert, empoleon, heracross and charziard. Weavile will be capable of taking down Zapdos, Empoleon, Charizard, and heracross. Your metagross should have at least 92 speed EVs so that it outruns all base 130 pokemon after 1 rock polish. Furthermore, Ice or thunderpunch would be far better than brick break, offering much wider coverage. Empoleon definately needs to be replaced, I would suggest calm mind suicune as it prevents your team from being walled by hippowdon, as well as giving you an opurtunity to do some serious damage to the foes team. It also walls infernape after 2 calm minds, even grass knot sets and surf takes care of it anyways. It also lets you switch in freely on most fire users (Heatran, Infernape, etc). Charizard is not a fantastic choice for a special sweeper, it gets punished by faster foes, as well as stealth rock so it wont be doing much damage. Azelf would be able to switch in on ground moves aimed at metagross, and its large coverage would allow it to sweep easily. Swampert could most likely take care of other weaknesses, but you might rethink its EVs and try replacing Avalance with a status move or possibly roar for phazing. Metagross tends to benefit more from a split between HP and defence rather than soley defence. Switching Empoleon for suicune and Charziard for a Levitating or Flying type sweeper would be beneficial to your team.

randomspot555

i switched empoleon for suicune for better walling

...You're not getting it.

Your team is beyond salvageable. (It's not the worst team I've ever seen, but it still won't be doing any good in the standard competitive environment)

Please go read the stickies, and guides on game mechanics and competitive battling. Smogon is a good place to start.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
I drew a simple diagram

GETYOURHEADINTHEGAME.jpg

Get your head in the game :-/

The team looks randomly put together. You're very Mixape weak, and there's not much you can do to recover yourself. I suggest you start from fresh

{PB}shinop

awsome person
i changed the moveset of heracross a bit so its moveset goes more better with its item and swampart i gave it roar

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
You're still Mixape weak. Let me explain it.

Mixape runs these four moves; Flamethrower (or Fire Blast, but not often), Close Combat, Grass Knot, and the last move depends, usually Nasty Plot, but it could be Thunderpunch or HP Ice.

Zapdos would be weak to HP Ice and Neutral to Flamethrower. Can handle itself for a couple turns, if no Nasty Plot has been used previosly

Heracross is weak to Flamethrower and Neutral to Close Combat

Swampert is weak to Grass Knot and Neutral to Close Combat

Metagross is weak to Flamethrower and Neutral to Close Combat

Suicune holds ok decently, watch out for a possible Thunderpunch, which it's weak to, and Close Combat is Neutral, and Grass Knot is Super Effective, but is only a huge concern after NP and if you don't invest well into Special Defense EV's.

Pretty much same deal as with Suicune, except you have a resistance to Close Combat, though still watch out for Thunderpunch.

So you see, Mixape has the potential to really hurt just about all of your team, and it needs to be taken into consideration. Changing the moves of your Pokemon won't solve the problem, either; you'll have to replace one or two of them.

Tentacruel is my personal favorite counter to Mixape, but even then it will still be in trouble is Thunderpunch is around, so these concerns should be addressed.

EDIT: Salamence also does a great job, unless HP Ice or Stone Edge is in play.

Last edited:

randomspot555

i changed the moveset of heracross a bit so its moveset goes more better with its item and swampart i gave it roar

Let me spell this out for you:

Your team sucks. You need to read up on the basics of competitive battling, including strategies and game mechanics. And then, AFTER THAT, make a brand new team. And have each Pokemon actually work as part of a team, instead of throwing 6 Pokes together and just hoping it works out.

{PB}shinop

awsome person
Let me spell this out for you:

Your team sucks. You need to read up on the basics of competitive battling, including strategies and game mechanics. And then, AFTER THAT, make a brand new team. And have each Pokemon actually work as part of a team, instead of throwing 6 Pokes together and just hoping it works out.

im tryed to make a good team im gust not to good at team constructing

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
We are aware of that. We're trying to help, and everytime we give you a suggestion, you ignore it completely and do some random thing that doesn't help anything.

{PB}shinop

awsome person
ok digital love ill try and get tentacruil but where should i fit it in

randomspot555

^^^Don't bother. Your team is beyond saving. Stop posting and start lurking. Read the stickies here, read the stickies in the DP Battles sub-forum, and head on over to Smogon's D/P/Plat section.

im tryed to make a good team im gust not to good at team constructing

Then you better stop making teams and start reading guides. Seriously, it's not genius level work. And there's a big Questions thread if you need some help understanding something. But if you're "not to good", then you shouldn't be posting a thread here.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Start by reading guides on Leads, EVs, IVs, Egg Moves, Breeding, threats of the metagames and the different Pokemon in each Metagame. Then, test it out in-game at the BT. Learn about Synergy and standard movesets as well. Then, when you understand more, come back here and make a team.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
zapdos @wise glasses
252 attack/252 speed/4 sp def
pressure-modest
hidden power ice
heatwave
thunderbolt
roost
zapdos makes a great lead due to its high sp attack and hp ice so it will easly sweep the opponents lead and roost if its in danger

??? Why does it have attack on it.. It only has special moves...