• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Computers back but no sound

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Windows Media Player Error
Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding.
It keeps showing this when I play a video or audio file. My speakers are plugged in but is there something else I have to do?

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Sounds like sound and video cards are kinda screwed if it's not drivers but I doubt they are like that.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
legendery colecter said:
do is have a sound card it could of broke :( it says that on my pc that doesnt have a sound card in it not this one :)
I honestly don't know, is it something I install? Everything seems to be plugged in

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Gaiash said:
I honestly don't know, is it something I install? Everything seems to be plugged in
The sound card's inside your computer if you weren't looking in there. :p

You need drivers for what it is. I'm going off a limb but I bet it's a Sound Blaster. :p

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Jesus Freak Josh said:
The sound card's inside your computer if you weren't looking in there. :p

You need drivers for what it is. I'm going off a limb but I bet it's a Sound Blaster. :p
I get this how?

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
EVEREST, my favorite tool, to the rescue! You could either do what Latios said, or save the trouble of opening up your case and download EVEREST.
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en

After doing that, install it, run it, and then, on the left side of the screen, click Multimedia, then PCI / PnP Audio. See what kind of card it says. Go to the website that manufactured that card, and look for the drivers. If it's integrated, I think you just have to download the drivers for your motherboard.

I hope this helps. If not... don't know.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
well since I won't know how to do this stuff I can tell you its a Packard Bell Windows XP computer with intel inside pentium 4. So what sound card is that?

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Latios said:
You owe me $50 for tech support. :D

Just kidding. My parents say that to me whenever I ask them for PC help.
Parents > Latios > Everyone? WORLD GONE CRAZY?! :p

Parents aren't meant to know anything about this stuff. :p At my house it goes:
Brother > Me > Dad, second oldest brother > Sister > Mum