• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My desktop icons keep on reorganizing themselves?

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
So um... yeah. Title says all really.
No matter how I organize them, whenever I turn my PC back on it the icons end up going in this sort of formation: http://oi42.*******.com/n6x3bq.jpg

As you can tell i really need to clean it up too though lol

Why is this happening? I have Windows 8[.1] if that helps any. I defrag my pc pretty often too, so I have no idea what's going on.

Matsuda

Does it shut down properly, like completely? Do you close all open programs before shutting down? Right-click on desktop, is auto-arrange icons unchecked? You could use a 3rd party app if it's that necessary anyway. Something like Fences.

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
It sounds like you have auto-arrange icons on. However, the formation isn't in auto-arrange layout.

One thing to consider is your account. Usually if you're signed into a guest account everything you rearrange is automatically restored to default once you log out. Besides that, how long has this been going on?