• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MY EARS!! Get me some tissue!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The voice + his lines = Murder.

It's not ear bursting, but it certainly does make one wince in pain. Especially when you see he sounds more like a granny on a steroids than he does as maniacally evil villain.

Forgive the pun, but I really believe Freeza's English dub voice was intended to give him an icy voice. Freeza was the assumed overlord of the universe at the time, so having a cold voice like that would mirror the terror he imposed on every living being in existence. It sure left that impression as Goku was fighting him, like when he powered up to 50% of his maximum and began manipulating his energy in his hands.

I won't speak for everyone, but I really enjoy the voice. It set the mood of apprehension and tension as the fight went on, imo.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I'm wondering what the ability to do different voices has to do with acting ability. If you have one voice but you can do many wonderful things with it, shouldn't that be better than having many different voices and not being able to do much with them? I know there's some who have range *and* talent, but not having range doesn't mean you don't have talent.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Dubbed Neko-chan from Sgt Frog. OIOIOIOI! Ear bleedingness!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
What's wrong with having an opinion of your own?

Nothing but then again, most of the jokes in SGT Frog only make sense in Japanese (it is funnier subbed).

Back on topic, my friend forced me to watch a few scenes from different hentai (none of them had anything really bad). We could not stop laughing! Even though it was the origional, the acting failed epicly. If there is something moraly entertaining about hentai, it is most likly the crummy voices!

Chris

Old Coot
I'm wondering what the ability to do different voices has to do with acting ability. If you have one voice but you can do many wonderful things with it, shouldn't that be better than having many different voices and not being able to do much with them? I know there's some who have range *and* talent, but not having range doesn't mean you don't have talent.
A good example of these has to be Steven J. Blum and Jason Griffith.

Everyone's pretty much heard Blum's "Spike voice" pop up in everything from Digimon to S-Cry-ed to even Toonami's own Tom. He can do different voices, but we all know he likes to use his "Spike voice" (or perhaps maybe one could say it's closer to his regular speaking voice). And even then, he does all of this very well and can at times make it hard to tell it's him (such as his Guilmon).

Meanwhile, we have Jason Griffith who...well, did the voice of Usopp and reused it for Jet the Hawk in Sonic Riders and it was horrible to listen to all around. He also does the voices of Sonic and Shadow and while he's gotten better as Sonic, his Shadow does nothing but mutter every single damn thing without really having a grasp at acting. It's as if Christian Bale was reprising his role as Batman, only muttering instead of shouting.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
all of them when they are japenese:mad:!! it goes right through me:mad:!!

I can understand characters who have better dub actors in general (ex. Edward Elric) but hating the origional actors is terrible. Sure, some of them might suit the character less but just because you do not understand a word they say does not mean you should not like them! -3-'

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I have just six words:

1)Jack
2)Atlas
3)Yu-Gi-Oh
4)5D's
5)english
6)dub

I could put up with it at first along with the heavy ammounts of stuff removed no thanks to 4Kids from the series, but his voice just made me stop watching the dub altogether. I'm happy I made that decision because his voice is so awesome in Japanese.

lucarioman098

Aww isnt that cute
yea all anime is better in japanese english actors just cant cut it

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well, that's not elitist AT ALL of you. *eyeroll*

Seriously, to think an entire language of VAs "can't cut it" is pretty reductive.

Sacred Fire Blaziken

Brotherly Gattai!
The voices of everyone who is in Bakugan New Vestroia that wasn't in the original series. God I wanted to gouge my ears out after one episode.

Also, the voices in the PMD Tv specials.

Chris

Old Coot
Why?

Inuyasha's english voice is annoying.
But his japanese voice is cute ^^
InuYasha's voice is fine in English. I can't listen to his Japanese voice without hearing Usopp. Either One Piece has broken me, or it's just that I can't picture InuYasha being voiced by Usopp's seiyuu using nearly the same voice.

yea all anime is better in japanese english actors just cant cut it
That makes another stupid comment by another weaboo.