• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MY EARS!! Get me some tissue!

I hate the english Naruto's voice...

eevee909

Your ladyship
all female voices from bakugaun.
end of story.
ALL OF THEM!!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
His English voice is fine. The character is meant to be annoying. If you actually dropped the whole "LOL JAPANESE IS A GOOD LANGUAGE" attitude, you'd learn that Naruto's voice is just about the same in English.

Honestly, it is hard to tell the diference between the two. Naruto is supposed to be annoying, his actresses are actually good at acting but you have to get use to them or ignore them. I do find it annoying but I like it because it suits him well.

all female voices from bakugaun.
end of story.
ALL OF THEM!!

All the acting is terrible in that in general and the girls are the more irritating ones. Why does it seem that more girls have eardrum smashing voices (in animé)?

Even though I think Dan Green is a terrific VA, I cannot stand his voice as Knuckles from Sonic X. Actually, I can't stand the voices from everyone in Sonic X.

The only voice I can stand from Sonic X is Mike Pollock's Dr Eggman.

Even though I think Dan Green is a terrific VA, I cannot stand his voice as Knuckles from Sonic X. Actually, I can't stand the voices from everyone in Sonic X.

Star Breeder Mit

Pokemon Breeder
yea all anime is better in japanese english actors just cant cut it

Even when the Japanese butcher the English language when the character they are playing as has some English lines?

All the acting is terrible in that in general and the girls are the more irritating ones. Why does it seem that more girls have eardrum smashing voices (in animé)?

I think because the purpose of Bakugan isn't to create a story but to primarily advertise the toy. The show is aimed at 6 year olds, so they have the actors act that way because they assume 6 year olds can't tell the difference.

I think it has to do with the age that the characters are supposed to be. Or perhaps they just don't care as long as they're getting paid.

Dan Green, while I used to think his voice in Now And Then Here And There was his finest work, I think as sort of grown accustomed to hamming it up for the sake of having fun, heck 4kids doesn't care about anime so I think Dan knows that and he's simply having fun...

Mike seems to at the very least want to do a good job. Aside from Eggman, the only other thing I've seen him do was work for Kirbopher in one of his flashes...

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Well...

Well, kinda no one but there is ONE annoying dude... Camula(Yu-gi-oh! GX Shadow Rider).

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Why does it seem that more girls have eardrum smashing voices (in animé)?

Because in Japan, a grown woman with an incredibly high-pitched voice is considered cute. And even though that doesn't extend past Japan's borders in most cases, unfortunately it leads to dubbers casting similar voices in the hopes of being faithful to the original. Which is usually a good thing, but not when it leads to voices like that. So it's lose/lose.

I was at a con a few years ago where Sumi Shimamoto was a judge in a voice acting contest, and she said she liked how all the contestants used their normal voices. She's probably in her mid-40s, sounds pretty average for that age, but when she demonstrated the voice she did for the character we dubbed (Nausicaa), she wrenched her voice up high and sounded like a 12-year-old on helium.

FeminineCuttlefish

A mollusk, not fish.

Even me who spazzes out over Dan Green voice

[Note, I spazzed after hearing this.]

I can't deal with them giving Dans voice to friggn' Knuckles.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I am not fond of May's PUSA dub voice.

I think it's too feminine even for a girl. She sounds older. Go ahead and complain.

I also dislike Naruto's dub voice. It sounds horrid.

Asakura Yoh in Shaman King sounds like a girl. Very annoying.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
@ Grumpy Older Man He sounds just like my little brother.

Ugh, your little brother is most likely too young to hate a voice and Grumpy Old Man's perception is as great as ever!

Cobalt_Latios

Well I am not fond of May's PUSA dub voice.

I think it's too feminine even for a girl. She sounds older. Go ahead and complain.
I thought it suited her just fine :s. Granted Michele Knotz only got one season with her. However, her reappearance in Sinnoh seemed to have fixed that (considering how long it was since seeing her, you'd have probably forgotten how she used to sound anyways).

Ash's early PUSA voice was a little iffy, but it ironed itself out by the halfway point of Battle Frontier.

<C_L>

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What's the matter? Too used to Goku sounding like an idiot superhero who grunts over the tiniest things?

What's the matter? Too used to thinking that people can only hate a voice if they have another voice to compare it to?

Seriously, there's no reason for a grown man to sound like that. There's hardly any reason for a child to sound like that. And it has nothing to do with how he sounds in any other language.