• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Family's Got Guts (and old school Nick game shows)

Octillery

You're cool.
Legends = Most Win
GUTS = Lots of win

The day they remake Legends is the day I cry tears of joy. I haven't done that in two years, which I guess isn't too long.

I'll have to check out this new guts stuff.

Legend of the Hidden Temple was showing reruns a year or so ago. My brother was watching them but he's too young to remember it when it showed originally but I was telling him how awesome it and the rest of the shows were. Definitely one of the best. I loved Wild and Crazy Kids a lot as well.

So, who else wanted to go on one of these shows and get slimed? X)

And wow, I didn't expect so many posts while I was sleeping, lol. BTW, this is for Nick game shows, not Nicktoons. :p

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Dude, I was probably one of the biggest Nick game shows fans ever growing up. There were so many shows I remember watching, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Global GUTS, Figure It Out, What Would You Do?, Wild and Crazy Kids...the list goes on. I would have loved to have competed on one of those shows, especially Legends of the Hidden Temple. Olmec was awesome.

I am happy to see that Nickelodeon has brought back GUTS (although I don't like the time they currently have it blocked in since it's when I'm at Boy Scouts). Here's hoping that they do not ruin it.

Plus, everybody had that one colored animal team that was their favorite. Silver Snakes ftw.

I was always a huge fan of the Red Jaguars. It went as far as my mom making me my own version of the shirt.

Also, what was that game called where kids had to convince people to do three tasks, and the audience would guess how many they would complete?

I'm trying to remember. Sounds like What Would You Do? to me, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: No, I was wrong. It was You're On.

Also, am I the only one that thought it was weird that they sometimes gave shoes as prizes? In fact, a lot of the prizes given on the show were odd.

Who wants to win a bookbag on a game show?

You're definitely not the only one. That's probably why Legends was one of my favorite shows, because they always gave away some trip as part of the reward.

Last edited:

porygonfan

Legends of the hidden temple, Figure it out, that show at the Sandiego zoo (forgot name), Wild & crazy kids (cool show)

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
The only one I remember clear enough is Double Dare 2000. I loved that show! I wanted to be on the show so badly when I was little, that was like my dream for a while. I loved sitting at the TV right after school and watching it, oh yes... nostalgia.

Wild and Crazy Kids rings a bell in me though...

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
The only one I remember clear enough is Double Dare 2000. I loved that show! I wanted to be on the show so badly when I was little, that was like my dream for a while. I loved sitting at the TV right after school and watching it, oh yes... nostalgia.

Wild and Crazy Kids rings a bell in me though...

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
I think they should bring back the show where kids would battle video games, and then do the "really in the game" thing at the end. I'd never heard of any of the games they played XD

I'd also ask for Double Dare, but they already did that in 2000 and I doubt they'd do it again :/ At least bring Marc Summers back for something!

PokemonHero

I can see the future
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVp-WK4lIU

XD

And I was loyal to the Blue Barracudas.

Dang, I remember that episode. That was probably one of the most frustrating episodes. Man, that kid just failed big time.

I remember watching Nick Arcade only a few times, but I do remember being quite entertained when I did watch it. It would definitely be fun to dump kids in the middle of some of today's games.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I was filled with hope at seeing the Aggro Cragg fade into view on the latest Nickolodeon commercial. I was liek no wai.

I'm not liking the whole family thing, but that's how today is. Can you imagine all the middle-aged mothers failing harder than that Silver Monkey kid?

Redsoxpsyco

SarahPalinClubsSeals
Anyone remember Off the Wall? They've tried to bring that back in so many ways, but they can never copy the original.
Well, Nickelodeon hasn't changed as much as Cartoon Network (Schedule: Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Camp Lazlo, Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Chower, Foster Home for Imaginary Friends, Chower, Chower, Chower...you get my point). The only shows that were amazing that really aren't on anymore that I can remember are Doug and Hey Arnold!

I have one statement that applies to any cartoon ever made:
(Insert cartoon name here) isn't, was never, or will ever be as good as Hey Arnold!
Nuff said!