• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Family's Got Guts (and old school Nick game shows)

Old school Nick had some great game shows. Well, they remade one of them. Global guts now has families instead of kids. It's not bad. I hope they bring back so other ones as well. Anyone else watch its premiere?

BTW, this thread's for the old school Nick shows as well so feel free to talk about them.

Rave

Banned
You know, this reminds me of the time when Nickelodeon tried to bring back Double Dare, by bringing in Double Dare 2000.

I'd like to see some more old school stuff make a return later.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Legends of the Hidden Temple was the best, despite the contestants always sucking at putting together the Shrine of the Silver monkey.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
I enjoyed Double Dare 2000 slightly more than the original one, actually.

I'm sorta curious as to how this rehashing of GUTS will work out. I can't say I was a big fan to begin with, but I'd like to see how well they stick to the basic format.

On a slightly unrelated note, the Silver Snakes are awesome. Too bad they sorta suck all the time.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Legends of the Hidden Temple was the best, despite the contestants always sucking at putting together the Shrine of the Silver monkey.

Pretty much the best show going right now.... Except for that glaring reason.

Let's be honest all the kiddie shows today suck. (please prove me wrong if you got evidence)

Rave

Banned

You sir, have just won naming the best kids game show contest.

And yeah, those braindead idiots can never put together that silver ape, and always get caught by those "ooga booga" temple guards. Those pendants of life are meaningless if they can't use those damn things right.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
>Let's be honest all the kiddie shows today suck.

Avatar was actually legitimately interesting, artistically done and had an engaging and interesting story line.

But if we're talking about cartoons currently producing new episodes, Chowder isn't horrible and Flapjack is tolerable.

>And yeah, those braindead idiots can never put together that silver ape, and always get caught by those "ooga booga" temple guards. Those pendants of life are meaningless if they can't use those damn things right.

The temple guards freaked me the **** out when I was a kid.

Icicle

QFT

I miss Legends. It would be great if the brought that back. Also one I wouldn't mind watching for the lulz, Nick Arcade XD

bobjr

Staff member
You sir, have just won naming the best kids game show contest.

And yeah, those braindead idiots can never put together that silver ape, and always get caught by those "ooga booga" temple guards. Those pendants of life are meaningless if they can't use those damn things right.

I'm pretty sure some molestation occurred on that show.

Plus, everybody had that one colored animal team that was their favorite. Silver Snakes ftw.

Also, what was that game called where kids had to convince people to do three tasks, and the audience would guess how many they would complete?

Icicle

Also, what was that game called where kids had to convince people to do three tasks, and the audience would guess how many they would complete?

You're On! was the show.

I had to look it up to remember it. Oh and another good show. Wild and Crazy Kids.

Peter Quill

star-lord
>Let's be honest all the kiddie shows today suck.

Avatar was actually legitimately interesting, artistically done and had an engaging and interesting story line.

But if we're talking about cartoons currently producing new episodes, Chowder isn't horrible and Flapjack is tolerable.
COLOR]

Ok,

I can tolerate Flapjack.

Chowder just came to where I live so... It looks good. (RADDA RADDA RADDA)

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
>Also, what was that game called where kids had to convince people to do three tasks, and the audience would guess how many they would complete?

I believe it was called You're On!

Though I generally preferred Wild and Crazy Kids or What Would You Do? over that.

>Avatar sucked IMO

Off topic, but curious as to why you dislike Avatar.

bobjr

Staff member
Also, am I the only one that thought it was weird that they sometimes gave shoes as prizes? In fact, a lot of the prizes given on the show were odd.

Who wants to win a bookbag on a game show?

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
>Was "youre on" the show where the people would get slimed if they lost?

That's a pretty vague question to ask when talking about Nick shows. You could easily apply that to You Can't Do That On Television, Figure it Out, and pretty much any Nick gimmick of the early 2000's.

>Also, am I the only one that thought it was weird that they sometimes gave shoes as prizes? In fact, a lot of the prizes given on the show were odd.

I always found it a little weird that sporting gear, bikes, backpacks and shoes were given away alongside N64s and fuseball tables.

Peter Quill

star-lord
>Was "youre on" the show where the people would get slimed if they lost?

That's a pretty vague question to ask when talking about Nick shows. You could easily apply that to You Can't Do That On Television, Figure it Out, and pretty much any Nick gimmick of the early 2000's.

No. maybe it wasn't aired on Nickolodeon but there wasw a show where people would get put in the slime tank after doing three intense challenges. I believe it was called Uh-Oh or something along the lines...

And sorry lol... Im kinda getting myself dazed into nostalgia...

Rave

Banned
I'm pretty sure some molestation occurred on that show.

Those naughty temple guards.

Plus, everybody had that one colored animal team that was their favorite. Silver Snakes ftw.

Orange Iguanas.

Anyone remember that old kidshow they show on GAS now? Finder's Keepers. The one where they're in a house with different rooms, searching and trashing the place for random junk. Kinda like those "Where's Waldo" Books.

Icicle

I liked Finder's Keepers. It had grown on me after a while. But man.. 99% of those kids were stupid with the clues and figuring out what they needed to look for.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I liked Finder's Keepers. It had grown on me after a while. But man.. 99% of those kids were stupid with the clues and figuring out what they needed to look for.

Oh that annoyed the hell out of me. Considering the fact I actually got the majority of those clues.

Stupid Kids <.<//>.>

Octillery

You're cool.
Legends = Most Win
GUTS = Lots of win

The day they remake Legends is the day I cry tears of joy. I haven't done that in two years, which I guess isn't too long.

I'll have to check out this new guts stuff.